xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Possible Wwii Strategy  (Read 92 times)

jbp20717

• Archived User
Possible Wwii Strategy
« on: May 17, 2004, 05:20:00 AM »

There is some suggestion that the British government of the 1930s, possibly because of the growing power of the US, thought of the possiblity of allying with Germany and Japan and launching an attack on the USA.

The idea would of had lots of advantages for the UK - first of all, it would have meant that their Asian empire would have been safe from the Japanese (who subsequently took control of Hong Kong, Singapore and Burma) and they would have carved up the rest of the continent between them.
The situation with Germany would have been that Britain would have again taken control of the USA with the aid of Japan, while Germany would have become the dominant power in Europe and between them they would have ruled the world.

Of course today such an idea would have been unthinkable because of the "special relationship" between the UK and the US and because of how Hitler's Germany later turned out, but in the 1930s this was of course unknown - they even managed to host the Olympics in 1936 without arousing much suspiscion of what was going on in Germany, Neville Chamberlain also met Hitler in 1938 and declaired that Hitler had no bad intentions.  Hitler would probably of agreed with this plan as he always thought of the British as a decent buch of chaps and wanted to get to the US because of the proportion of the population that was Jewish, it would also haved saved them a lot of trouble in Europe if the British didn't oppose them.

I would like to remind people on the forum that what I've said above isn't fictional, it could well have happened, but I believe it probably fell through because of the number of Jewish MPs in Britain.  What do you think the world would be like if the agreement had gone through?

BloodyMary

• Archived User
Possible Wwii Strategy
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 05:34:00 AM »

Hitler was a lunatic that was bound to cause his own plans to self destruct no matter what.  All aliances that Hitler made fell through because of his own self destructive tendencies.  Although an alliance with Britain may have lasted a short (very short) while, Hitler would have ultimately thrived to controll all of Britain as well.  And although the British leaders may have went along with this, I seriously doubt that the British people would have.

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
Possible Wwii Strategy
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2004, 11:49:00 AM »

Neville Chamberlain was an idiot, a softspoken grandfather type that was quick to accept, he also had a fear of causing WW2 so he would give into all of Hitlers demands. He had no respect for Hitler, he just babied him so that Hitler would not show aggression towards the UK.

mirx999

• Archived User
Possible Wwii Strategy
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2004, 05:46:00 PM »

QUOTE (Maximumbeing @ May 21 2004, 03:49 PM)
Neville Chamberlain was an idiot, a softspoken grandfather type that was quick to accept, he also had a fear of causing WW2 so he would give into all of Hitlers demands. He had no respect for Hitler, he just babied him so that Hitler would not show aggression towards the UK.

i'd say you pretty much nailed it.