xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Come And Learn To Lucid Dream  (Read 118 times)

Raver758

• Archived User
Come And Learn To Lucid Dream
« on: April 11, 2004, 11:07:00 PM »

If you need more info let me know PM and I'll show you how to have one. It takes work but its def worth it. I drive around a lot and crash into things and fly out the window! its great! Anything you can think of comes true in your dreams and you know its all fake but you can feel it, smell it , taste it. You live in your own world for 8 hours a night!

In dreams, things happen that don't happen in daily life. But when you dream, you are convinced that what you see is reality. When you are at work, and your boss appears to be a pink monster with tentacles, won't you at least start thinking that that is slightly strange? In real life, you would. But in a dream you don't. In a dream, everything that happens is absolutely normal. Most people are accustomed to the fact that "dreams are just dreams", and that you can't do anything about them. In fact, some people are convinced that they don't even dream.

However, it is possible to overcome that fact, to realize that your boss normally goes through life in a human form. And from there to realize that you must be dreaming. This is called lucid dreaming.

When you become lucid in a dream, you can have an interview with your pink monster, transform yourself into an animal, become invisible, fly away through a window, materialize a Ferrari in mid-air, step through a mirror or change your mother-in-law into a teddybear. In short: you can do everything you can imagine.

AnThRaX

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2004, 11:12:00 PM »

Yes but it can be scary. Today when I tryed it I had what they call a PRE-LUCID which is a dream that kind of tells you that a LUCID DREAM is going to happen to you soon. So I tryed it out. Set my alarm for about 5 minutes. Went to sleep thinking of what I possibly can do, telling myself about dreaming and such. Well when I went to sleep I woke up. Looked over my head to the door and there was a tall shadowy figure standing there walking toward me I tryed to get up and run, but I couldn't It felt as if I was paralyzed I read that it happends when your mind and body are out of sync or something like that. So I looked over at my clock on my dresser and noticed weird symbols on the clock but it wasn't correct. Lucid dreaming is very fun, but can be scary at sometimes. Just remember its all in your head. And plz kids don't try OBE (Out of body experience)

Colonel32

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 02:50:00 PM »

I just read a book about Lucid dreams and "Astral travel"

Very interesting, at first I scoffed about the idea of "Astral travel" but there is actually a lot of hard documentation on it.  The human mind is something we will never fully understand in my opinion.

Raver758

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 03:52:00 PM »

Obe is not fun I had it once when I was a kid. It as fucking horrible I was going to fucking cry! I woke up around 3am and I heard a very loud pitch Wave it was so strong to my ears it made my body paralyzed. I couldn't move or anything. I closed my eyes and I saw flashing lights and shit... It was awful I saw myself sleeping.. don't want to go in it to much but after it happened I was done that was it with obe I just stick to my lucid dreams. Last night I was playing around with my dreams as always I wanted to drive a car of a bridge so I closed my eye's and thought of a Ferrari and then I turned around and it was there. So I decided to drive it around for a while before thinking of a bridge. Then once again my guilt came in to play I was like thinking wouldn't it be scary if Freddy crougar came out from the bushes and his coming to kill me. Sure enough guess what? He did and he came walking towards me while I was in the car. First thing you have to understand is that the only way to make bad things go away is by letting them hurt you.  You only feel pain if you want by thinking what it feels like. For example it doesn't really hurt but if you think it does it seems to you like it does. Its like reading a book about a pain then to actually having it. Anyways after he stabbed me for a while I laughed and he stared at me like wtf. By the way they talk to you. There all inside your head so they know everything about you things that make you scared, your name your family. Eventually you do become friends with him because his really you so you agree on everything. Anyways after a good long talk we decided me and him can play chicken with are cars on the bridge. So I had to think of a car for him I did and it showed up. We got in are cars and we played it. I crashed in him and flew out the window of the car and of the bridge. It was so fucking fun I can feel the air and everything when I landed I just rolled and got back up. It was a fun dream overall. The best thing about Ld's is Its like 8 hours of your own world which you control. Your aware everything around you that you make up is fake but you still smell , feel , taste it as if it was real. You cant get hurt either. Sometimes things do scare you when you think of them but don't worry the trick is to let them hurt you and laugh it off and talk to them ask them questions and they talk back to you and tell you cool things.

Anyways if your interested let me know and I'll help out.

Aunt_Jemima

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 04:15:00 PM »

Only once have I ever been able to realize that I was dreaming during a dream. In this dream, I was with my mom at the yearly vacation spot. We were in my dad's car and had just gone shopping. She turned to some kind of zombie-like person, and wouldn't really function. At this point I realized I was dreaming. I asked some guy who walked by to help me out with my mom, he did. Then I left them and went towards the hotel we always stay at. The girl I had liked at the time was in front. I took her inside the hotel, walked past my dad, took her in the bedroom, and fucked her. I was 9 years old.

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2004, 04:52:00 PM »

ph34r.gif  laugh.gif

Xport1

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2004, 01:23:00 AM »

when I get into fights in my dreams or try to run it always feels like im giong thru water...its anoying

Raver758

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2004, 01:53:00 AM »

QUOTE (Arvarden @ May 4 2004, 10:51 AM)
Sounds like a wet dream tbh...

omfg you are so funny dude what grade are you in OMG that just cracks me up....

Idoit wink.gif

andrusk

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2004, 02:10:00 AM »

QUOTE (HiRoll3r @ Apr 14 2004, 12:31 AM)

I know exactly which "wave" you're talking about. Happens every time I start to go into a lucid dream.

I know exactly what you mean.  Whenever I try to fight in a dream it feels like I can barely through a punch.  My arms just move very slowly and no matter how hard I try, theres nothing I can do about it.  

It is the weirdest feeling.  

What I hate is that state your in right before you fall asleep, but your asleep enough to be imagining something, then you trip or fall in the "pre" sleep dream and it shocks you awake in real life.  Whats especially embarrasing is when this happens in a class at school and you get startled in a dream then everyone looks at you funny.

darth stuart

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2004, 09:29:00 AM »

LD's sound real and all, but- maybe just me- but it seems quite unreal, i mean able to control EVERY aspect of the dream just by thinking. i mean when you are asleep you are in a stasis, you cant really think especially when your in your deep slumber. ive heard of LD's where you write down words, phrases and other stuff to make your mind focus on those things to manipulate those things. and i have done that, like i thought about a nonharmful revnege at a 10yr anniversary on all the people that have screwed me over in high school. and the dream was that me and a friend were like billionare's (we were the ones that noone wanted in HS) and everyone else were losers, who never left home and grew fat. i turned out to be a football coach with several rings from college and pro's and my friend was a future Bill Gates.