xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Opininons On The U.s President  (Read 544 times)

Master-Chief

• Archived User
Opininons On The U.s President
« on: March 15, 2004, 10:37:00 AM »

I was just wondering what people think of the current U.S president George Bush and the upcoming election. I, personally dislike Bush for my own reasons. Please, no thread crapping and no bashing anyone! I do live in the United States so I have personal experience with some issues. Lets try to keep this thread clean guys!  cool.gif

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 12:24:00 PM »

Nothing is more lame than kids in middle school and junior high on this board who flame the president. They can't even vote, and act like they know the president and his views.

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 01:16:00 PM »

QUOTE (shanafan @ Mar 15 2004, 05:24 PM)
Nothing is more lame than kids in middle school and junior high on this board who flame the president. They can't even vote, and act like they know the president and his views.

Amen.

I've yet to see any logical or even coherent argument against the president anywhere on the internet.

Master-Chief

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 03:43:00 PM »

QUOTE (shanafan @ Mar 15 2004, 05:24 PM)

Are you talking about me??  laugh.gif

Are you serious? Because I wasn't flaming him. All I said was that I dislike him. And who the hell said I was in Junior High!  jester.gif

Your funny shanafan...  dry.gif

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2004, 05:22:00 PM »

QUOTE (myffonline @ Mar 15 2004, 08:17 PM)
Unfortunately a lot of the things old monkey face has done wrong

Name them.

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2004, 06:49:00 PM »

One thing is for sure.. I will not vote for a candidate who supports gay marriages ala John Kerry

Taking Bush out of the Oval Office will be terrible for the country. He isn't done turning the country around in a better direction. We are still in a war, working on the economy, etc. Putting in somebody new with different ideas will create turmoil for the United States.

Bush in 2004  cool.gif

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2004, 06:53:00 PM »

QUOTE (nemt @ Mar 15 2004, 10:22 PM)
QUOTE (myffonline @ Mar 15 2004, 08:17 PM)
Unfortunately a lot of the things old monkey face has done wrong

Name them.

You forgot to quote all of he what he said, ah?

Unfortunately a lot of the things old monkey face has done wrong won't come out until after he isn't 'The President' anymore

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2004, 06:54:00 PM »

QUOTE (shanafan @ Mar 15 2004, 11:49 PM)
One thing is for sure.. I will not vote for a candidate who supports gay marriages ala John Kerry

What's wrong with gay marriages?  I only ask because I've yet to hear a decent argument against them.

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2004, 06:56:00 PM »

QUOTE (Xeero @ Mar 15 2004, 11:54 PM)

What's wrong with gay marriages?  I only ask because I've yet to hear a decent argument against them.

Well, there is only one answer. It is against God's Word. That is the only answer one needs.

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2004, 06:58:00 PM »

Yeah, that's what I meant...

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2004, 07:00:00 PM »

Marriages for gays means higher insurance premiums for everyone.  I shouldn't have to pay more money so a bunch of homosexuals can get HIV medicine for free.

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2004, 07:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (Xeero @ Mar 15 2004, 11:58 PM)

So, God isn't decent then? This is why I need to avoid this specific forum  dry.gif

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2004, 07:05:00 PM »

QUOTE (nemt @ Mar 16 2004, 12:00 AM)

Marriages for gays means higher insurance premiums for everyone.  I shouldn't have to pay more money so a bunch of homosexuals can get HIV medicine for free.

And how about all the healthy homosexuals?  They're not entitled to benefits like everyone else?  Maybe the single gay guys are a little pissed at having to pay for HIV medicine for straight people.

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2004, 07:07:00 PM »

QUOTE (shanafan @ Mar 16 2004, 12:00 AM)

So, God isn't decent then? This is why I need to avoid this specific forum  dry.gif

Did I say God isn't decent?  That's a gross misinterpretation.  Everytime I ask for a real world answer, all I get is a conservative saying, "Umm....because it's not natural. God doesn't like that".  It sounds more like an echo of an answer from thousands of years before the dawn of man and before homosexual genes entered the pool than an argument for a society of today.

Anyway, it's a politics and religion forum.  I'm assuming debates are cool.

heinrich

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2004, 07:10:00 PM »

QUOTE (shanafan @ Mar 16 2004, 12:00 AM)

I would have the same response.  God and religion is great and all for a lot of people, but I would hate to live in a country where religious values completely run the country.  (ala Iran).

It isnt the gov't job to decide what is morally right and wrong.

I would hope that there would be a constitution amendment to outlaw adultery before one is passed to ban gay marriage, the former is much more a 'threat to the sanctity of marriage' than the later.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6