xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Us Troops In Iraq  (Read 183 times)

loai

• Archived User
Us Troops In Iraq
« on: March 22, 2004, 09:52:00 PM »

sad.gif

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Us Troops In Iraq
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2004, 02:49:00 AM »

QUOTE (loai @ Mar 23 2004, 02:52 AM)
Just out of curiousity wasnt Ace25 banned? Neways.. I think America has done there duty in Iraq and the soldiers need to come back home to their families sad.gif

Ace25 wasn't banned.

Hammy was, after  long, contemptuous existence here, finally banned after our tolerance ran out on him.

SKoT

• Archived User
Us Troops In Iraq
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 06:15:00 AM »

I completely and utterly support all troops in or involved in our liberation of Iraq. Kudos to you fine sirs/ma'ams if you are reading this.

Videogamebuyer14

• Archived User
Us Troops In Iraq
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2003, 12:27:00 PM »

Now, that's comedy.

Hoppy

• Archived User
Us Troops In Iraq
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2003, 12:36:00 PM »

QUOTE (gainpresence @ Oct 13 2003, 04:30 PM)
I've got a family member and a few friends in the ARMY over there now.. They would all agree with that.

It is a little strange, though, who knows, maybe 11 people wrote the letter together and sent it to their newspapers.

A friend of mine was in the 10th mountain division.  The day he was out, his unit got shipped out to Afgahnistan.  Talk about luck.

fizgig10

• Archived User
Us Troops In Iraq
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2003, 12:40:00 PM »

A bunch of guys signed the same letter because they were sick of how the media portrayed the situation in Iraq.

Jeeze, if it was a coordinated lie don't you think they'd have released only one?

I know a lot of people here jump at any chance to hate the president and our efforts in Iraq but try not to make yourself look too transparent...

drunkmunk

• Archived User
Us Troops In Iraq
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2003, 12:15:00 AM »

Alrighty here you have it from the horse's mouth considering I'M IN IRAQ RIGHT NOW. I have been stuck in this shit hole for almost 8 months now. Is it a "home away from home"? fuck no. Is it as bad as alot of the press make it out to be? fuck no.

Some area's are worse then others. When I was at Ar Ramadi the local populous did NOT greet us with open arms.. they greeted us with rocks and mortar rounds. But that's because that area was well taken care of by the Saddam regime. Other areas down around an Najaf the bedouwins (desert dwelllers) were alot more happy to see us becase we brought food and water.

I'm sure that letter was sent out by someone who knew that soldiers want to let their loved ones know that they are alright. The soldiers probably signed the letter and had no idea who it was being sent to. Is it right to use soldiers to further propoganda one way or the other? fuck no but I doubt that was the intent. They probably just felt like getting the word out that life isn't all that bad here.

For those people that like to bash G.W. Go for it, say what you want to, but just remember there are some of us out here willing to die just so you have the right to say it.

drunkmunk aka SSG Tucker US ARMY

Hammy

• Archived User
Us Troops In Iraq
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Like always,America fucked up and now they talk shit to cover there fuckups.When will America wake up and smell the rose's,Just like Vietam they fucked up and now they have to explain themselfs to the world,Look back in history and you will find that america has always over reacted and this is why this planet is fucked,I also would hate it if america stuck its nose into my business if i were the ruler of some country.The biggest problem with America is that bullshit CIA that you guys allow to exist,And if you guys think that the CIA have the interests of the country at heart then you guys are totally mislead,The CIA only care about themselfs and nobody else mad.gif

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Us Troops In Iraq
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2003, 05:33:00 AM »

QUOTE (drunkmunk @ Oct 14 2003, 04:15 AM)
Alrighty here you have it from the horse's mouth considering I'M IN IRAQ RIGHT NOW. I have been stuck in this shit hole for almost 8 months now. Is it a "home away from home"? fuck no. Is it as bad as alot of the press make it out to be? fuck no.

Some area's are worse then others. When I was at Ar Ramadi the local populous did NOT greet us with open arms.. they greeted us with rocks and mortar rounds. But that's because that area was well taken care of by the Saddam regime. Other areas down around an Najaf the bedouwins (desert dwelllers) were alot more happy to see us becase we brought food and water.

I'm sure that letter was sent out by someone who knew that soldiers want to let their loved ones know that they are alright. The soldiers probably signed the letter and had no idea who it was being sent to. Is it right to use soldiers to further propoganda one way or the other? fuck no but I doubt that was the intent. They probably just felt like getting the word out that life isn't all that bad here.

For those people that like to bash G.W. Go for it, say what you want to, but just remember there are some of us out here willing to die just so you have the right to say it.

drunkmunk aka SSG Tucker US ARMY

Here, Here.

As a vet myself, I concur... and I thank you for contributions.

Apparently, assholes like Hammy can't read.

It's clear the letter was sent by an officer or staff who just thought it would be a good idea to send some "good news" home for family and friends to see. A letter was written by a soldier, edited for grammar and such, then copies passed around, for other soldiers to sign and send on to their hometown newspapers.

It was a "form letter" - but nothing as nefarious as a propoganda tool. These guys just chose to send home a well-written summary of what's happening for them.

Hammy

• Archived User
Us Troops In Iraq
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2003, 05:40:00 AM »

Ok BenJeremy,What did i read wrong or are you just trying to start something with me as you are a mod and i have just pissed off 3 other mods and you can be number 4 if you like mad.gif

drunkmunk

• Archived User
Us Troops In Iraq
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2003, 06:15:00 AM »

QUOTE (Hammy @ Oct 14 2003, 02:00 PM)
Like always,America fucked up and now they talk shit to cover there fuckups.

Who's talking shit? Whether this war is right or wrong I think will be determined by what the future holds but if you think that the Iraqi's were living the good life prior to us gettting here I would sure like to see the look on your face when you go through some of these poor towns that have never even had electricity and half the male population was wiped out by Saddam and his regime. Yeah WE fuck everything up.

What country are you from? What differences have you made in this world? Probably your claim to fame is hacking a few xbox's (made in the good ole USofA). So sit there on your computer, talk your little bit of shit and know deep in your heart that if it wasn't for America chances are you would be living under some douschebag dictator right now.

drunkmunk

• Archived User
Us Troops In Iraq
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2003, 06:38:00 AM »

One of the problems right now are most of the resistance fighters and suicide bombers aren't even Iraqi's!!! They're some dumb ass cocksuckers from syria, jordan and sometimes Saudi Arabia. They come up here and stir up shit because they want this mission to fail.

They blow up oil lines, water resources and power plants then talk about how much life is harder since we've gotten here. They make the soldiers edgy and that's never a good thing when you got scared 18 and 19 old troops with machine guns. I don't know how to make this situation better but it is going to take some time. Once their economy kicks back in these people will be as rich as the Kuwaiti's. It's just getting to that point that is the hard part.

dssripper

• Archived User
Us Troops In Iraq
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2003, 07:05:00 AM »

As I have mentioned before I don't speak nearly as
eloquently as some people do.

So Hammy, here is a BIG FUCK YOU!

and to drunkmunk a BIG THANK YOU!!!!!!

Dss

fizgig10

• Archived User
Us Troops In Iraq
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2003, 07:22:00 AM »

Drunkmonk,

Thanks for your service and putting your life on the line.  If I wasn't married I'd join the cause myself.  As it stands, I'll just keep waving my flag at the entrance to Camp Pendleton and do the best I can keeping morons like Hammy at bay.

-Matt

drunkmunk

• Archived User
Us Troops In Iraq
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2003, 07:41:00 AM »

Thanks for the support guys. It actually does mean alot when you hear it from someone.
All we hear on the news is people pissed off about us being here.

I don't mind people questioning why things happen. Hell once we quit asking "why" that's when we've really lost our freedom. But I'll damned before I'll sit here and listen to someone talk shit about Our Country. The leaders sometimes make poor choices but our country is founded on the greatest principals and ideals. Our country shells out more money to the relief of poorer countries then the rest of the world COMBINED. People can come to our country dirt poor and with hard work and dedication can overcome anything. Take a look at Arnie. Name another country that has accomplished half of what we've done in the last century. If you don't like fine here's big Fuck You and have a nice day because we will always be there when you need us.
Pages: [1] 2