xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Where Do You Think You Go When You Die?  (Read 1096 times)

Raver758

• Archived User
Where Do You Think You Go When You Die?
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2003, 09:03:00 PM »

Its sad but true I find it so depressing you know. We only get this 1 chance to live 100 years from now who are we? what are we? dinosaurs to the people. It isn't fair you know you have to leave this world and who knows where to. Either gone for life or....  I find it very depressing I personally have a long time to live but why should it end why should we all leave this wonderful place and just stay in the ground after 1, 2 years we will be forgotten like we never existed. We will never get the fullest no one will. Very sad but true. If you were to ask me I dont let religion make me believe anything. I mean don't get me wrong I respect a lot of Religions but no one will truly know till the end. Think of it your in the ground ur dead u see yourself dead your not thinking anything cause ur gone its just depressing. If you were to see your own body dead wouldn't you cry. its like losing someone you knew all your life Yourself. All the people all the 80 90 years of happiness gone. I'm  sorry I'm not trying to bring anyone down imp just feeling so bad right now about this issue even if its so far away from now I just don't know....

brahm2

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2003, 09:38:00 PM »

QUOTE (HSDEMONZ @ Aug 23 2003, 10:46 PM)
That just gave me a great idea...

HANKTOONS: Judgement Day

In all honesty I would want to see the return of HANKTOONS

Of course, you would have to add some new characters...*points to self*

michael bolton, woo woo!!

Slipknot6d9

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2003, 11:39:00 PM »

unsure.gif

Slipknot6d9

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2003, 11:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (Raver758 @ Aug 24 2003, 06:03 AM)
Its sad but true I find it so depressing you know. We only get this 1 chance to live 100 years from now who are we? what are we? dinosaurs to the people. It isn't fair you know you have to leave this world and who knows where to. Either gone for life or....  I find it very depressing I personally have a long time to live but why should it end why should we all leave this wonderful place and just stay in the ground after 1, 2 years we will be forgotten like we never existed. We will never get the fullest no one will. Very sad but true. If you were to ask me I dont let religion make me believe anything. I mean don't get me wrong I respect a lot of Religions but no one will truly know till the end. Think of it your in the ground ur dead u see yourself dead your not thinking anything cause ur gone its just depressing. If you were to see your own body dead wouldn't you cry. its like losing someone you knew all your life Yourself. All the people all the 80 90 years of happiness gone. I'm  sorry I'm not trying to bring anyone down imp just feeling so bad right now about this issue even if its so far away from now I just don't know....

..............this may sound psycho, but i would want to die with people remembering me. I mean, i doubt anybody is gonna forget about Saddam for a while right? So I would want to do something big (good or bad [bad would be easier]). ----If i knew i wuz gonna die in like a week, i would go around killin people and robbing places, that way i would have a fucking mark in this fucked up world....

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2003, 09:56:00 AM »

QUOTE (cainedna @ Aug 24 2003, 06:16 PM)
You can't talk about a subject like this without stepping on toes, so don't worry if someone gets upset, it's kinda unavoidable.
I've just always thought that even though we have unique qualities as humans, that doesn't mean when our systems break down that anything has to "happen." If your dog dies, according to judeo-christian beliefs, that's the end of it, period, since they have no souls. I've always thought this was enough for me to stop believing in any of it.
By the same note, do plants, as a form of life, have souls,  even in reincarnation systems? What about mitochondria? Where is that line drawn between life, and elements, and souls? If my hard drive dies, do I get to see it in heaven? happy.gif

plants def have reicarnation system... when they die, they become fertilizer  wink.gif

i was stoned one time and watching that chris rock movie where he comes back as the white guy... it got me to thinking about heaven and all that... it seem christian humans believe they will go to heaven because we are so damn arrogant... we are too important to just cease to exist... hence we are the only ones with souls even though the only "proof" of souls is the range of emotion that we can produce (just my idea for proof)... but other animals show emotion, yet they have no souls? do communities of apes have a heaven? i find it odd that people can live their lives by a book written so long ago... and i only say that because you have no idea how many times the text has been changed, and im way to cynical to believe it hasnt... i dont believe in heaven or hell in their traditional views as the ideas are ludicrous... a place where everything is great and you can do whatever and your always happy, for eternity? that would get boring after a while... do the people who died along time ago have the modern conviences? it seems much more likely that we get reincarnated or move to a dif plane that isnt much dif to this one... that or we cease to exist, which isnt that bad if you think about it... how could you care if you cant think?

Champ189WS

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2003, 11:04:00 AM »

Ive been thinking about this topic latley too.  I just watched Final Destination 2 this weekend and it got me thinking.  What happens when we die?  What happens to the Earth when one day the sun explodes and dies out.  I hate to admit but our Earth and us ourselves are just temporary.  The Earth wont last forever and neither will we.  I would like to think that there really was a heaven and a hell for people that die.  Some people may swear that there is and some that there isnt.  As for me, Im really unsure.  Just my 2 cents on the subject.

Raver758

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2003, 11:48:00 AM »

So you know how were all like in the same range of almost age even if were like 20 or 30 years apart in age anyone we see on tv or see in the streets when we die they all die like Movie Stars , Singers after them who will be the new ones  who knows what happens to a new millennium we cant change everything..

So you get me like isint it weird by the time we die Almost anything we knew like actors, football teams, baseball teams, Etc have died with us. Its like our version of the world you guys get me. Then for people in the future theres a new set of actors movie stars..

Champ189WS

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2003, 12:10:00 PM »

QUOTE (Raver758 @ Aug 24 2003, 03:48 PM)
So you know how were all like in the same range of almost age even if were like 20 or 30 years apart in age anyone we see on tv or see in the streets when we die they all die like Movie Stars , Singers after them who will be the new ones  who knows what happens to a new millennium we cant change everything..

So you get me like isint it weird by the time we die Almost anything we knew like actors, football teams, baseball teams, Etc have died with us. Its like our version of the world you guys get me. Then for people in the future theres a new set of actors movie stars..

I understood none of wtf u just said!!

Raver758

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2003, 12:34:00 PM »

Like dude you know anyone we know right now like movies stars ,singers, people we see friends, family people we dont even know... They all die just about the sametime anyone whould from 20 to 30 years from now. Meaning anything we knew about this world when we die we lived it. by the time we die anything we knew the actors singers the people we saw anywhere have died with us. So if you think about it we lived life to the fullest and never missed a momment of it. "out with the old in with the new"

TheGreatVirus

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2003, 01:34:00 PM »

wink.gif

Champ189WS

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2003, 01:53:00 PM »

Oh and you don't really have to take my advice I don't really care what happens to any of you.  wink.gif

What a nice thing to say!!

Raver758

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2003, 02:32:00 PM »

I know he has like 1893 posts

hahaha

TheGreatVirus

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2003, 06:31:00 PM »

I do practice what I preach if any of you have taken the time to notice my activity on this forum is down.

GaijinPunch

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2003, 06:54:00 PM »

smile.gif

As for the topic at hand, growing up a christian in the bible belt, I was taught as a child, the literal side of the bible.  Adam and Eve, Heaven and Hell, and all of that stuff.  Now that I have something that resembles a brain, I believe that most, if not all, of the old testament was symbolic.  (Also - learning another langauge I realize that at least SOMETHING is lost in the language -- it's impossible to translate anything 100%, even from something similar like Spanish to English).

The heaven and hell part I still believe in, as well as the existence of God. I've been a rotten person at times in my life, but there's been WAAAY too many occasions where I should've been done in, and I walked away scott free.  Some having to do with losing limbs... some death.  I dont' believe in coincidence.  For me, that's proof.  I don't see why God would go through so much trouble if there's nothing after life... although there's the argument that he wants everyone's short (and only) life to be enjoyable.

BIG BANG:
I've been reading a lot of astronomy and whatnot lately.  That stuff just blows my mind, and further convinces me of my beliefs.  I think it's great to, if only for a split second, grasp the size of the universe.  Dr. Stephen Hawking has a kewl essay about the Big Bang, and how it could prove that there is at least A God.  This his horribly dumbed down, but the gist of it was, if there was a big bang, and there was "nothing" before the big bang -- then how could anyone have caused the big bang.  Suck on that one for a while. smile.gif

When it comes down to it, it's different for everyone.  

PS: Brahm - I saw some cheesy show on The Discovery channel here one night w/ some crystals and tofu chic (I actually eat tofu though) like the one you described.  She was talking about how she was going to be transferred to a prosthetic body after death.  That stuff just makes me laugh.

Mast3r Ch13f

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2003, 08:02:00 PM »

I still don't get why some of you are going so deep into this topic.

Maybe it's just painfully obvious to me that when you die there is nothing and even though there is we will not care or have the ability too, because our BRAIN is dead.  There is no soul, there is only energy.  And lets pretend there is a Soul, then how is that soul going to think, when there is no BRAIN.

ALL of what we are is because of our BRAIN, without it, all our memories are GONE (similar to some brain altering diseases), along with our personality.

So I really would like all the BS about enjoying heaven or suffering in hell to stop, because all those are emotions.  Where does emotions come from boys and girls? YOUR BRAIN <--- and that goes bye bye when you die!!!!

NO BRAIN = NOTHING

I can't make it anymore clearer.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10