xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: CES2008: The best of LCD HDTVs  (Read 192 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
CES2008: The best of LCD HDTVs
« on: January 12, 2008, 10:15:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | January 12 23:39 EST | News Category: Xbox360

Didn't buy a HD TV yet for your high def. console or ready to buy a brand new one with the latest technology? Engadgethd.com has a great round up of all new LCD TVs announced at CES 2008:

Whether plasma is back, or never left is up for argument, but don't think LCD took CES 2008 sitting down. Vizio upgraded the specs on its bargain LCDs, and even Panasonic showed some love. PDP protoypes might have been bigger and skinnier, but 2008 is the year we'll actually be able to buy a 108-inch LCD from Sharp, a 1.5-inch thin screen from Hitachi, or even a Quad HD panel from Westinghouse.

Check out the overview of each brand on engadgethd.com

poncinator

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 10:25:00 PM »

108inch tv's!?!?!!? Wow.
1st post. =)

CJLee89

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 10:31:00 PM »

Sony has a OLED tv that is only 3mm thick!! Panasonic with a 150" with a resolution of 4 x 1080p, 4k by 2k.

Norco

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 11:57:00 PM »

I'm sure most people here are gonna favor LCD over Plasma's, as Plasma's are more susceptible to burn-in, so if Johnny is playing his 360 for too many hours it has the potential for ruining the tv.

CJLee89

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 12:09:00 AM »

The risk for burn in for plasmas has been greatly reduced in the newer plasmas. When they first came out it was a problem, not so much anymore. It only happens with a still picture, say like you pause a game or on a news channel with the scrolling bar at the bottom. Most electronics come with screensavers now anyway to prevent that.

And the one of the biggest reasons to choose a plasma over a LCD is if you want a big tv. Plasma's usually are made in bigger sizes.

prplehz

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 09:38:00 AM »

Enough with the plasma burn in! I have had a Pioneer 50 inch plasma tv for 2.5 years now and I game on it all the time. Driving games and FPS mostly.  I have yet to see any burn in at all on my tv.  So if your not going plasma becuase of burn in. Get over it! if you have common sence and use your Display properly burn in is not a problem.  And the picture still looks just as good as it did the day I got it to top it off.  Plasma burn in is not nearly as big of problem as it was when they first came out. So enjoy all those lil gas chambers and game on!!