xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Burn In Dvd Or Cd For Plasmas?  (Read 339 times)

bradleyheathhays

• Archived User
Burn In Dvd Or Cd For Plasmas?
« on: October 12, 2007, 01:36:00 AM »

Hey everybody. Got a new PHD9UK and I need to burn it in for the specified 100-200 first hours of use. I know I've seen burn in CDs or DVDs on the net, but for the life of me I just can't seem to find em now.

The ones I've seen in the past are looped video of either colors that change and fade in intensity, or random dot patterns that move around. The idea is if this type image is played for the tv's burn in period it will evenly level the phosphorus and greatly reduce future burn in potential.

Can anybody suggest where I should go to find one of these CDs or DVDs?

deadparrot

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 05:50:00 AM »

If you have a 360 or an Xbox1 with XBMC, just leave it on playing music.  The visualizations are good for this.

I find that if I ever get minor burn-in issues, a couple hours of visualizations helps to clear it.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 03:54:00 AM »

The Burn in feature is usually built into the TV itself and only accessible through the service menu. What make and model.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 02:01:00 AM »

Checked the SM today and if you want entry to the service mode I can give you the procedure (Be careful adjusting anything. Changing a single flag in the eeprom to a different value can stop the set working) but there is no burn in procedure on this model. the burn in is done at production of the panel and is not needed from a consumer standpoint.
In other words enjoy the TV and don't worry. beerchug.gif

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 03:29:00 PM »

The service mode is not really for customer adjustable picture settings but is for adjusting service data and settings, which would usually only need altering on replacement of something like the V SUS board or other such component.
 All the LG and Hitachi plasmas have a Burn In Mode activated in the service menu but this is only there for eventualities such as Panel Replacement.
From the factory you can plug and go.
The TV is quality as is most Panasonic stuff so should be reliable and give good service. It is the brand that appears in the workshops less than any other so you have made a wise choice.

A sample of the factory adjustments inside the Tv are below but again should not need altering unless repair has been carried out.
10.1. Driver Set-up
10.1.1. Item / Preparation
1. Input an APL 100 % white signal.
2. Set the picture controls: -
Picture mode: Normal
White balance: Cool
Aspect: 16:9
10.1.2. Adjustments
Adjust driver section voltages referring the panel data on the
panel data label.
Name Test Point Voltage Volume Remarks
Vsus TPVSUS
(SS)
175V ± 1V R628 (P)
Ve TPVE (SS) 156V ± 1V VR6074 (SS) *
Vset TPVSET
(SC)
232V ± 6V Fixed *
Vad TPVAD (SC) -90V ± 1V VR6477
(SC)
Vscn TPVSCN
(SC)
Vad+120V ±
3V
Fixed
Vda TPVDA (SS) 67V ± 1V R665 (P)
PFC C448 (+)(-) 395V± 0.5V R443 (P)
Vdat C557 (+)(-) 67V± 0.1V R665 (P) load
current :
0.4A
Vsus TPVsus 188V± 1V R628 (P) load
current :
2.0A
*See the Panel label.
 Basically set the customer settings for optimum viewing to what looks best to you.
 Use a test pattern DVD to do this. Always set up Brightness & Contrast first on a Mono Stair step signal.