xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hdtv Question  (Read 114 times)

CJLee89

• Archived User
Hdtv Question
« on: September 11, 2007, 02:05:00 PM »

alright first of all i would like to say im a noob when it comes to HD. just got a HD TV yesterday.

its a vizio VX32L HDTV. 32" lcd. says that highest it can support up to 1080i. i know what all the numbers mean.  p=progressive, i=interlaced.

questions:

1.) any noob guides or info on what the best way to hook up things to it?

2.) whats the best way to hook up an xbox 1 to this tv so i have the best picture possible?

Liquidvlade Hiraduo

• Archived User
Hdtv Question
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 08:39:00 AM »

you need to buy the HD cables for the Xbox 1, you can usually find them used for like 8$ at any GameStop. Vizio's are awesome TV's by the way. I got a 47" 1080p and I love it. The Xbox 1 can display up to 1080i you need to enable those options on the MS Dashboard. If you are using XBMC on it, use the 720p resolution, because 1080i slows it down and makes the font look really small. So 720p = perfect.

To hook things up its pretty much self explanatory, I believe those TV's have either 1 or 2 HDMI ports which are good for upconverting DVD players, Blu-Ray players, or HD-DVD players (PS3/360) or a PC. These TV's also include settings for "movies", "games" you know resolution wise which improve the quality depending on what you are watching/playing.

If you have any other questions, I'll be glad to help

CJLee89

• Archived User
Hdtv Question
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 02:08:00 PM »

thanks for the response.

so the xbox HD would be component cables?

and we only have a dvd/vcr combo with progressive scan and are planning to get component cables for that to.

CJLee89

• Archived User
Hdtv Question
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 01:32:00 PM »

well i just played my xbox with regular a/v cables on the vizio and didnt realize that widescreen has such an impact on your playing. im used to a 4:3 screen ratio and the widescreen makes me suck at halo. lol so ill stick to the tube tvs for now. even though it looked alot better, i play better on the 4:3 screen.

thanks for the help  smile.gif

Perplexer

• Recovered User
Hdtv Question
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 03:36:00 PM »

Your remote should have an "aspect" button so you can still play your games in 4:3.

CJLee89

• Archived User
Hdtv Question
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 09:29:00 PM »

it sure does. but i didnt get a chance to try it. sad.gif once i get HD cables for it i will give it a try.

thanks for the help.