xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: I've Captured Mario  (Read 228 times)

Hazanko

• Archived User
I've Captured Mario
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2006, 05:16:00 AM »

oh hush wolves, didn't you come in near the post-photocravial era?..

anyway.. as i've heard the tale:

many many moons ago, awal and NotSoDiseased created a halo 2 clan together. They obviously needed a forum, or some means of clan communication outside from the game. so they hopped right onto invisionfree.com. They created a forum on invision free titled EMP, or Evil Man Power(http://s6.invisionfr.../evil_man_power) if my memory serves me well. After awhile with the EMP clan, people stopped coming to the clan forums, and the clan itself started to break apart. Awal discussed with NSD(NotSoDiseased) that he would just like to go ahead and delete the InvisionFree EMP forums, NSD had a different idea. NSD suggested that they turn the clan forums, into a graphics forum. Awal was a bit leary at first, since he really had never done any graphics work before, but he agreed that they'd try it. one thing led to another, and EMP basically revolutionized the XS graphics world, and such.

just for old times sake:

an example of how far MD has exceled since EMP days(a request he filled for me)
IPB Image
H5:
IPB Image
Me biggrin.gif :
IPB Image
WAHOO:
IPB Image
Awal:
IPB Image

sorry if i missed you.. this is all i could find for people with valid sig URL's in thier signatures..

socalx

• Archived User
I've Captured Mario
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2006, 05:33:00 AM »

hehe i remember that clan but i dont think it lasted very long from what i remember lol

metaldevil

• Archived User
I've Captured Mario
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2006, 07:48:00 AM »

Well, hopefully, sp3cialk will come back and share his graphic work with us regardless of this thread's downturn.

Areohbe

• Archived User
I've Captured Mario
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2006, 09:58:00 AM »

I just wanted to point out that there was a tut, in case anyone else wanted to make the orb... soupy is the one who yelled "Flame War!" and sp3cialK is a cool guy and I didnt mean anything bad by my comment... maybe i caught him on a bad day...cause he seemed to get really mad that I posted the link...

i made this for anyone who reads my posts:
IPB Image

chuxterofdoom

• Archived User
I've Captured Mario
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2006, 10:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(Areohbe @ Oct 20 2006, 12:05 PM) View Post

I just wanted to point out that there was a tut, in case anyone else wanted to make the orb... soupy is the one who yelled "Flame War!" and sp3cialK is a cool guy and I didnt mean anything bad by my comment... maybe i caught him on a bad day...cause he seemed to get really mad that I posted the link...
i made this for anyone who reads my posts:
IPB Image

Yeah it's all good.  Areohbe will leave the salt here in the forums and whenever it is needed we will use it.  The way things go around here it will go quick!  tongue.gif  

***Back on Topic*** Hey sp3cialK lets not get all feelings.  Rob is harmless.  I really liked your mario orbs.  They would be cool novelty items if they were real.

Hazanko

• Archived User
I've Captured Mario
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2006, 02:32:00 PM »

Poor Mario. laugh.gif "It was-a me, Mari..o...oh...ugh!" *thud*

owned.

Modderxtrordanare

• Archived User
I've Captured Mario
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2006, 03:24:00 PM »

I say Haz cleans up this thread so when/if sp3cialk comes back, he'll still have his thread less the flaming.

sp3cialk

• Archived User
I've Captured Mario
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2006, 04:33:00 PM »

Nope not gone... just been busy and wanted to finish my new sig before I posted... maybe I jumped the gun sayin I'm outta here... I've read this entire thread and it cracks me up  laugh.gif

although after what this thread caused you'll find it hard for me to post anything I do anymore  unsure.gif

whiteboytroy

• Archived User
I've Captured Mario
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2006, 04:36:00 PM »

you should give him the bob ross fro

sp3cialk

• Archived User
I've Captured Mario
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2006, 04:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(whiteboytroy @ Oct 20 2006, 06:43 PM) View Post

you should give him the bob ross fro

maybe... but finally finished downloading updates for this server and bruning a DVD... so I'm headin home... maybe when i get there and I get some dinner  pop.gif

gasclown

• Archived User
I've Captured Mario
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2006, 04:57:00 PM »

lol, the thread got 'cleaned up' and removed my post with helpful advice and the other chest beating crap left in tact?

This subforum is moderated with nepotism.  

seeing as it'll prolly be removed anyways lemme tell you what i think makes this subforum suck.

At least half of the threads that go longer than a single page down here are full of flaming, sometimes its subtle, most times its not. by the logic going on in this particular thread you guys oughta be stating every fucking bog standard layer style/filter you used to create your sig. oh, and if you render your sig 'from scratch' you better make sure your not using any program assets and all textures applied are drawn from scratch...

the real problem is, youve got a bunch of regular culprits who lurk and flame and think theyre legends cos they know a peice of software well enough to make "their creation" not look like the tute they robbed it from. then they turn around and flame some one else for doing the same - its ridiculous.  

you have clearly interested people, ala sp3cialk, amongst many others posting something theyre proud of and instead of getting sensible opinions/helpful crits, they get flamed because some jerk or other takes offence on behalf of some other jerk... crazy shit man.

Truth is, If graf is your vocation or even just a hobby, you will have to learn to have a thick skin.  Although graphic design is really just pushing shapes around until they look neat, it is an artistic endeavor and therefore very personal, so if you want to be critical bear that in mind and leave your (unjustified or not) ego out of it.

Hazanko

• Archived User
I've Captured Mario
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2006, 08:49:00 PM »

"chest beating"...?

i removed ANY post that had any insult to someone else, anything that would fuel anger. i don't understand why everyone has to be pissy with me 24/7, when i'm the good guy here.. i typically try to stay out of flames until they get out of hand, then i speak my mind. most of the time i just hope that everyone here can mature past the point to where saying a single comment about someone's work, or thier attitude(yeah.. i should talk), they freak out on the other person. if YOU, or anything for that matter, finds this post in a bad manner towards a single person in this sub forum, then i will make a formal apology to everyone here.

and another thing gasclown.. i feel quite comfortable telling you this since you seem to "be above the rest" and you mentioned in your post above this that you have a professional attitude(yes, i realize it wasn't directly quoted like that, but you basically said you are the one acting professional here). that being said, i can now say this to you as constructive criticism:
next time you try to make a point, find something to back it, not just "professionals do this", "the moderator(s )suck becuase they don't help this forum".. find something to base it upon. next time when you post, gather your thoughts, spell everything correctly, and re-iterate your sentences.. the type of posts that are stuctured by you gain no credibility amongst the majority of the members here(if not all).
and since you're the one here with the most composed attitude, i'm sure you can take that above paragraph as a friendly suggestion and constructive criticism and not take it the wrong way. we're all friends here.

PS: yes, i realize i neglected to capitalize each of my sentences, along with other typically capitalized nouns: point fingers on that area

EDIT: and are you saying that the people here who are saying "tutorials are bad" use tutorials..? i know i might be a single instance, but i haven't used tutorials ever since about 2 or so months after first getting into photoshop.. hell, i've CREATED more tutorials than i've ever read, straight from my own experiences, and i haven't ever re-iterated a previously done tutorial i've read. once again.. back that comment up with proof, i challenge you: find a newer piece of mine that follows a tutorial, and i'll let you off the hook..

here bro:
http://s26.photobuck...c127/Hazanko83/

^^ my personal portfolio. there's also a tutorial section on there for some of the tutorials i've created. the rest are all indexed at forums.digi-design.net, the majority of my tutorials are also here in this subforum under the pinned tutorials thread.

socalx

• Archived User
I've Captured Mario
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2006, 08:57:00 PM »

lots of miss spelled words for being so profesional lol and what the heck is nepotism.............never heard that word before =/

Hazanko

• Archived User
I've Captured Mario
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2006, 09:38:00 PM »

it means to favor someone over another due to a family relationship..

i didn't realize any of us on this forum were related.. technically, if you believe in god.. socal could be my 439807th cousin removed.(rough calculation)..
and yes, it can be applied to close friends.. but i really don't see any favoritism being displayed by any of the moderators.. if MetalDevil made a rude comment, i'd react the same way to him as i would to you if you made a rude comment.. awal is the same way.

socalx

• Archived User
I've Captured Mario
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2006, 09:51:00 PM »

ok i think haz is an excelent moderator hes deffinitely not umm that nepotism word lol. he tries to stay out of flame wars unless its just getting way outta hand and he treats people the same no madder who you are if you make a rude comment about something then he will treat you just the same as if you were cowbell,awal or who ever =/
Pages: 1 [2] 3