xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: I've Captured Mario  (Read 229 times)

sp3cialk

• Archived User
I've Captured Mario
« on: October 19, 2006, 08:59:00 AM »

Well I posted in the orb tut that I Want More Cowbell wrote of a different type of orb... not sure if anyone checked it out but it was really rough... I redid 2 a little larger... hope you like...

IPB Image

IPB Image

Hazanko

• Archived User
I've Captured Mario
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 10:59:00 AM »

wow.. VERY nice, i love the reflection effect you used.my only problem with it is the SEVERE aliasing you can see in the inner curves(the inner platform, etc.).. maybe one more suggest, is that the top part of the orb lacks a little bit of more depth.. add more depth, and you got a killer piece here.

I CHOOSE YOU MARIO!!

mar-ee O! mar-ee.. mar-eee-OH!!

wow.. VERY nice, i love the reflection effect you used.my only problem with it is the SEVERE aliasing you can see in the inner curves(the inner platform, etc.).. maybe one more suggest, is that the top part of the orb lacks a little bit of more depth.. add more depth, and you got a killer piece here.

I CHOOSE YOU MARIO!!

mar-ee .. mar-ee oh!

(sorry for wierd double post.. the school here doesn't work right with editing apparently.

Hazanko

• Archived User
I've Captured Mario
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 02:16:00 PM »

i knew it looked familiar..

sp3cialk

• Archived User
I've Captured Mario
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 02:31:00 PM »

I never said I came up with this on my own...

QUOTE(Areohbe @ Oct 19 2006, 02:02 PM) View Post

it's nice...at least you know how to follow tutorials:
http://www.photoshop...s/orbs/orbs.htm

ouch, ya really know how to put a brother in his place... yes I can follow instructions... everyone learns from somewhere...  sad.gif

sp3cialk

• Archived User
I've Captured Mario
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 02:50:00 PM »

geez... guess this will be the last time I come in the GFX forums... When I show my sigs that I've done I'm guessing since I've followed tutorials that I've done in the past on motion text, grunge effect, blending, etc. I should give credit to every single person who wrote those as well??? You assumed I was claiming I created this from my own experimentation, that's not my fault, assumptions aren't fact.  Someone could have politely asked if I used a tutorial or not and I would have been truthful in saying yes I followed a tutorial's directions... here is the link to the site... but what I posted was my creation (with someone's help)

soupy_31

• Archived User
I've Captured Mario
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 03:25:00 PM »

Fuck why is everyone so quick to flame.. what ever happened to the first 10-15 GFX Members...

Hazanko

• Archived User
I've Captured Mario
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 03:26:00 PM »

what do you mean the first 10-15 GFX members?.. the people who were first to populate the GFX forums?..

soupy_31

• Archived User
I've Captured Mario
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 03:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hazanko @ Oct 19 2006, 05:33 PM) View Post

what do you mean the first 10-15 GFX members?.. the people who were first to populate the GFX forums?..

Yeah.. there was never a single flame war. Ever.

All I am trying to say is start cutting people some slack.. if their mistakes don't effect you, don't get envolved. That's why we have moderators for.. and Hazanko isn't freaking out about this, so why should anyone else?

soupy_31

• Archived User
I've Captured Mario
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 03:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Oct 19 2006, 05:43 PM) View Post

I beg to differ, CB. If he had come up with it, then he might have opened the topic saying something like, "Hey, guys, check out what I just came up with," or he would have expressed his excitement in another way because of it. Otherwise, it's fairly safe to assume it came from a tutorial. I assumed it was from a tutorial; I thought everyone else would to. Cut him a little slack, guys; he's one of the more pleasant people to have around in the graphics forum.

You can tell metaldevil is one of the original members I was talking about.. smile.gif

Hazanko

• Archived User
I've Captured Mario
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 03:39:00 PM »

tutorials don't bother me at all when other people use them.. but while it's not necessary(obivously).. it would be nice for people to start off like this: "i've been following some tutorials lately, and here is one of the results".. and i'm quite sure that no one is MAD at your specialk.. they were merely calling attention to the fact that you DID use a tutorial, and that you DID fail to mention you used a tutorial.. no biggy.

metaldevil

• Archived User
I've Captured Mario
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 03:43:00 PM »

Thanks, soups. I really appreciate it. smile.gif I think I came here much later than the first batch of GFXers, though (spring of last year, I think).

Hazanko

• Archived User
I've Captured Mario
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 04:02:00 PM »

i'm pretty sure emp WAS the days :-D thanks to awal..(mainly) for making it possible

socalx

• Archived User
I've Captured Mario
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 05:24:00 PM »

=] i remember emp lol thats when i actually played halo2 all the time hehe...........oh and tell how it got started lol never heard it.............and very nice orb sp3cialk just try to like specify that you used a tut . you kinda made it seem that you made a new way to make an orb by posting it in cb's tut thread =] nobody is mad at you tho

Modderxtrordanare

• Archived User
I've Captured Mario
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 08:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(I Want More CowBell @ Oct 19 2006, 05:04 PM) View Post

yes i apologize to all....

but original members....
awal..me..head...haz...metal...n00b...wahoo...dman(who is no longer with xs)...camdog....dragon....modderxtrordanare thats the originals

but i remember the day i met metal...lol like yesterday
i saw some of your work and i passed the link of EMP onto you
and told you to come share/show off some of your work over there with us....

*dreams* those were the days love.gif

Fixed.  tongue.gif I'm not new here really, I just havent done much work in a while.  I should go get PS and do some more work.

Wolves

• Archived User
I've Captured Mario
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2006, 04:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(I Want More CowBell @ Oct 19 2006, 04:04 PM) View Post
yes i apologize to all....

but original members....
awal..me..head...haz...metal...n00b...wahoo...dman(who is no longer with xs)...camdog....dragon....modderxtrordanare....Wolves ...that's the originals

better

Pages: [1] 2 3