xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Xbox-scene Banner/logo Competition  (Read 232 times)

socalx

• Archived User
Xbox-scene Banner/logo Competition
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2006, 06:29:00 PM »

yup pinned =] lol why would somebody wanna change the logo =/ hes like a god =D

KUNFUCHOPSTICKS

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2006, 05:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Aug 9 2006, 03:44 PM) View Post

I don't know where people get their ideas but I get asked all the time to change things that are WAY beyond the scope of my power as a lowly head moderator  laugh.gif

<rant>
For future reference moderators can manage posts in the forums (move, merge, edit, delete, pin, etc.) as well as manage user profiles (warn, edit [stuff like sigs and avas], mute, suspend)

The only thing that separates a Head Moderator from a Moderator is the Head mod can do thoes things anywhere in the forums, but a Moderator can only do them in certain specified forums...

we can't unban people
we can't change your username
we can't reset your password
we can't start a contest
we can't accecpt donations for XS
we can't put your tutorial on the tutorial page
we can't put your news on the news page
we can't make new forums
we can't fix spelling errors in forum titles
we can't fix software or server problems with the site
we can't re-enable the search engine
and we certainly can't change the forum's graphcis

That's pretty much it... we have the task of making sure stickies are up to date, deleting spam and warning people to stop flaming or sharing warez. Some days if there's a huge flame war in a popular thread or a ton of spam it can be like a job, you dread having to do it but it's what you signed up for and your only payment is the satisfaction that you're helping keep this site, that we all know and love, clean.
</rant>

pop.gif

so are those listed the jobs of admins? who are they?

thanks

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2006, 05:43:00 PM »

While there are a few admins... really HSDEMONZ is the one you should contact for most things.
Xantium runs the site in that he keeps the hardware and software up and running but HSDEMONZ does most (if not all) of the forum managment in terms of making new forums, banning people, or other forum stuff beyond the scope of a moderator.

There are a few other admins but to be honest I'm not entirely sure what they do  laugh.gif

Hazanko

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2006, 05:46:00 PM »

yes the jobs are for the admins

which include XanTium and HSDemonz

and btw. you'll either get a nice little reply from one of them if you try PMing them, or they'll completely ignore you... i'm sorry, but do you realize how stupid of an idea that is, to ask an admin on the LARGEST XBOX WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET if you'd beable to change thier logo!!?? just like twisted said, even the head mods would have no say, so why would a new member have any whatsoever?...

not trying to sound like an ass, but... i think we should drop this topic, since it's never going to get anywhere farther than everyone getting pissed at eachother.

chuxterofdoom

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2006, 07:55:00 PM »

I understand the whole "we don't have the power and you definitely don't" thing.  I, however, don't see the harm in entertaining the idea.  What could it hurt?  At worst we stay with the same logo.  At best Xbox-scene gets a totally cool new one.  Whether they use it or not who cares.  Burger King, KFC, Pizza Hut, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, along with many other big name brands updated or changed their logos.  What would it have hurt to just have fun with this.  Instead everyone just flamed him.  Let's be a little more open minded.  Let's not just shut everything down that doesn't agree with your personal preferences.<<<This goes for everything graphical not just this topic.  A friendly contest is all I took this to mean, but before it even got started it immediatly got shot down.  Are we not into GFX?  Do we not like the challenge of making something look good or better?  If not then what are we even doing in this forum.  

geee golly whiz! tongue.gif

Modderxtrordanare

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2006, 07:57:00 PM »

Short answer: No

Long answer: Noooooo

chuxterofdoom

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2006, 08:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(Modderxtrordanare @ Aug 10 2006, 09:04 PM) View Post

Short answer: No

Long answer: Noooooo

I guess that settles it then?  tongue.gif

Hazanko

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2006, 11:28:00 PM »

ok then guys, i'll tell you what.
someone can PM HSDEMONZ or XanTium, and ask them if it sounds like a plan. then if they say it's a possibility, then we'll run with it. otherwise it's seriously an unreasonable idea. the logo fits perfectly with this skin that has been created. the logo right now is also perfect becuase it's extremely simple, and there's much in the actual image that would increase the file size. another reason for this being a new is, is that it NEEDS to be a small image size, since this is such a large site, having a skin that uses alot of images is a BAD thing for members and XS's server alike. this also applies to having large image sizes. you may say, "what about the graphics forum and signatures?" signatures and any image content posted is not viewable from EVERY single page that is loaded, which means not alot of load on the server. once again, contact an admin, ask them about this(also provide them with the link to this thread), and then we'll act. i'm sure the way that he brought this whole thread about, wasn't a good way either. it was more of a, "let's do this thing, and it'll be changed" then what it should be, "i was wondering if the admins here would ever consider a new logo here."

chuxterofdoom

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2006, 12:37:00 AM »

it's all good.  I had just seen it as fun to see if anyone could come up with something new.  Whether it was changed or not was not my interest.  Just a friendly challenge.  More like a pipe dream, but fun none the less.  With the "anal" level reaching an all time high in the X-S forums as a whole I can see how this thread ended up being the way it did.  Oh well, whatcha gonna do? huh.gif

rob, lopes friend

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2006, 09:43:00 AM »

I agree.  Its sick..  GO LOPES!

lopes101 II

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2006, 09:48:00 AM »

i dont even no who this rob guy is.......wait oh ya, he lives acorss the street from me...hey rob!

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2006, 01:39:00 PM »

I mean the chances of it getting changed are slim to none but why not just see what people come up with anyway...

To be honest I never cared for the XS guy much anyway, he's grown on me a bit over the years but I'm pretty indiferent.

chuxterofdoom

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2006, 02:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Aug 11 2006, 02:46 PM) View Post

I mean the chances of it getting changed are slim to none but why not just see what people come up with anyway...

To be honest I never cared for the XS guy much anyway, he's grown on me a bit over the years but I'm pretty indiferent.

That was my point all along.  grr.gif

Modderxtrordanare

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2006, 05:54:00 PM »

You aren't new.

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2006, 08:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(orange soldier @ Aug 11 2006, 02:47 PM) View Post

hmmm.....im new but i dont really seee what the big deal is...i say y not have a little competition as long as the competitors are aware that their work will not be used, wahst the harm in a friendly competition?

I'm suprised you aren't permanently banned yet...
Where's HSD on this matter? I think all bans should be IP bans. Would prolly save a lot of trouble, dontcha think?

On topic: Everyone quit their bitchin' and design already!
Pages: 1 [2] 3