xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: SOTW Is Over With? O.O  (Read 132 times)

Hazanko

• Archived User
SOTW Is Over With? O.O
« on: June 29, 2006, 03:38:00 PM »

wow.. sorry for contributing to the madness :'(

if any of you guys want it to continue(and awal isn't willing to continue it here).. DD is obviously up to opening an SOTW... the last one kinda fell through :/

Himura

• Archived User
SOTW Is Over With? O.O
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 05:36:00 PM »

Well, until some maturity comes out of the forum goers here, I wouldnt really want it back all that much either.

Modderxtrordanare

• Archived User
SOTW Is Over With? O.O
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 09:31:00 PM »

There's been an SOTW at chopped for a while, we just don't have a theme for the next one.

Hazanko

• Archived User
SOTW Is Over With? O.O
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 09:40:00 PM »

wel... as to having a website.. DD is PERFECTLY open with that.. and we can start votes, polls, etc over there.. i just opened one up today, if anyone would like to try it out. btw(me and wahoo don't count) if you're still down with running some SOTW, we'll let you moderator the sotw over there. but yeah.. once again, sorry for me and dragon's ragging on each other...

h34d5h0tz

• Archived User
SOTW Is Over With? O.O
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 11:11:00 PM »

sorry about contributing to the end of sotw. but in the conversation thread, juanmans remark just made me snap.

Wolves

• Archived User
SOTW Is Over With? O.O
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 12:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(Hazanko @ Jun 29 2006, 09:47 PM) View Post

wel... as to having a website.. DD is PERFECTLY open with that.. and we can start votes, polls, etc over there.. i just opened one up today, if anyone would like to try it out. btw(me and wahoo don't count) if you're still down with running some SOTW, we'll let you moderator the sotw over there. but yeah.. once again, sorry for me and dragon's ragging on each other...

Dammit, everybody just disowned Chopped wink.gif
/offtopic

But, yeah, awal, why don't you just delete posts or mute people who cause a disturbance to SOTW?

The*galloping*zebra

• Archived User
SOTW Is Over With? O.O
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 04:43:00 AM »

Maybe the GFX forum could ask for a second moderator, to share the load with Awal.

I vote Metal  ph34r.gif

n00bFRAGGER

• Archived User
SOTW Is Over With? O.O
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 06:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(The*galloping*zebra @ Jun 30 2006, 06:50 AM) View Post

Maybe the GFX forum could ask for a second moderator, to share the load with Awal.

I vote Metal  ph34r.gif

lol, does anyone remember this:

IPB Image

socalx

• Archived User
SOTW Is Over With? O.O
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 01:39:00 PM »

umm i 3rd it. ph34r.gif

awal

• Archived User
SOTW Is Over With? O.O
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2006, 04:38:00 PM »

Ive asked HSD before, but he didnt buy it then. Maybe this time he would.

SOTW is not over, we just needed to bury that shitty thread. But If anyone has a better idea on how to run it, the floor is yours.

Hazanko

• Archived User
SOTW Is Over With? O.O
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2006, 05:04:00 PM »

personally.. i think that the loser should pick the next theme, that way the winner(who usually tends to be the more experienced members). that way the loser who lost, can pick something that is an easier theme for them. i also think that any sigs that have a render in them, the stock image link should be included with your SOTW entry. i also believe that ANY bickering about anything should automatically disqualify that member from SOTW. any complaints that someone has about another member(such as wrong sig size, attitude problems, etc.) should be PMed or given to a moderator.

other than that.. i can't really think of anything that might help out.

lostboyz

• Archived User
SOTW Is Over With? O.O
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2006, 11:14:00 AM »

well in all honesty I get/got nothing out of winning a sig contest in the first place, except for the fact my favorite sig came out of the process. Its not a big deal and thats what I think a lot of people are having problems with. should be 100% for fun or practice for doing other things

Hazanko

• Archived User
SOTW Is Over With? O.O
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2006, 11:31:00 AM »

i think that we should SOMEHOW incorporate learning into all of this sotw stuff.. SURE we're getting practice, SURE we may be winning it.. but do we really learn anything(other than pure chance: ie. accidently clicking on a feature you didn' know existed, etc.). there needs to be some learning involved so that the "pro" graphics guys can start helping the "rookie" graphics guys(not trying to single anyone out there). but then again.. i'm not sure who would be up to helping the guys who are still in thier first half year of design. i can't really think of an idea, that would help along the learning process, but we've got some creative minds here that we can put to work. it also seems like, not only do the people who are winning the sotw not recieving anything(not tryin' to say cash prizez here or anything..) but i've seen a few of the latest winners being DISSED because they just "cropped, edited, and blended). once again, not trying to start anything.. but PERSONALLY, i hate it when people diss styles they've never tried, or anything(not trying to direct this towards anyone). i've heard TOTAL noobs, diss my sig's that i've worked on for 2 hours(and sigs that are fully appreciated by people who have actually indulged themselves upon that particular style), and yet they make something where the blending is way off, the composition is way off, the skill level shown is clearly lacking. these people then would go about getting mad if i were to tell them what they need to look about working on(wrong color, font, etc. etc.). NOW.. if someone like wahoo wanted to diss one of the tech sigs i've made, i'm FINE with it.. becuase he's actually created numerous tech sigs, and he realizes what's hard to do, and what's not. obviously to most, it seems like i'm just blowing steam when i got pissed at dragon that one time... but now he's tried a little tech, so now we've been talking on msn, and things are just dandy between us. if anyone understands what i'm trying to say here, then i'm sure you agree with me. sorry lostboyz.. i'm gonna put you in the spotlight for a sec: if you look at his sig that he created it looks really awsome, great composition, the colors flow with one another, he did a wonderful job of blending the two images together... but to try and put yourselves in his shoes, is something like his current sig a really easy thing to create? i'm sure dozens of graphics designers out there can go out, take those two source images, blend them together and make them look the same. but art is more creativity than talent, sure you can create cool effects and everything with talent, but what are you going to create without any fathom of what you're going to make?

maybe i'm just blowing steam, but yet maybe i've got a point there.. not sure, i'll let you guys decide... but that's what i feel, and that's what i think, problem with it? take it up with me on msn/aim.. don't clutter the forums wink.gif

lostboyz

• Archived User
SOTW Is Over With? O.O
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2006, 12:55:00 PM »

no dude I agree with you. the initial idea of it is half the battle. and its always easier to take criticism from a peer or someone who knows at least the process youve used. Otherwise its not very well respected criticism.

Just like me, I know how (mostly) you guys do tech, but it isnt my style but it dosent bother me to comment on your guys' stuff because constructive criticism is always great to have whether your beginning or just evolving.

And I know nobody here really has or tries my style of stuff, or really care to learn how I come up with it (crazyness), but your comments and criticism help just the same. I come up with the raw idea in one big sitting and ask myself and others what little things would "complete" it.

We've got a good community here, and now that we've had our fight can we have make-up sex now?  biggrin.gif

Himura

• Archived User
SOTW Is Over With? O.O
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2006, 06:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Jul 1 2006, 05:06 PM) View Post

IPB Image

I guess we should start thinking about theme ideas for the next SOTW. Animals? Sigs that use transparency?

How bout tranimals?  laugh.gif
Pages: [1] 2