xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: [wip] Crab Eyes  (Read 64 times)

Hazanko

• Archived User
[wip] Crab Eyes
« on: May 19, 2006, 02:03:00 PM »

ok, well this piece is still a work in progress...
this is pretty much just a jumble of a few things a was trying out, playing around with bevel and emboss and using some things i've come up with. please give me some suggestions, and i'll take them into consideration.
IPB Image

socalx

• Archived User
[wip] Crab Eyes
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 02:43:00 PM »

wow i think it looks great so far

throwingks

• Archived User
[wip] Crab Eyes
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 08:41:00 AM »

If you are doing true crabeyes, they are not so symmetrical. Also, where is the light source coming from? On the eyes it is straight ahead like a camera flash, on the eye "stems?" the light seems to come from above.

Really nice work though. It looks like you used a lot of techniques to come up with the little bit you hae already.

Hazanko

• Archived User
[wip] Crab Eyes
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 10:28:00 AM »

well, the "shine" on the eyes is actually supposed to be a glow within, not a light source reflecting from it...

thanks for the comments guys smile.gif

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
[wip] Crab Eyes
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2006, 12:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hazanko @ May 20 2006, 07:35 AM) View Post

well, the "shine" on the eyes is actually supposed to be a glow within, not a light source reflecting from it...

thanks for the comments guys smile.gif

I believe the problem is that the light is under the eyes so it's not convincing enough that it's coming from the eyes themselves. If it were truely coming from the eyes, it would be all around the inner part of the rings.

And I like the ground the best so far. It actually shows a good sense of depth in such a little space.

n00bFRAGGER

• Archived User
[wip] Crab Eyes
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2006, 02:20:00 PM »

Turn the Brown into a "beach" environment, sharpen the grass and blur the background.

Looking good for the beta version.