xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: W2kj's 1967 Chevelle  (Read 581 times)

w2kj

• Archived User
W2kj's 1967 Chevelle
« on: January 21, 2013, 01:09:00 AM »

i've been chipping away at this project for some time now; haven't really worked on it hard; especially waiting for the texas summers to end. my brain injured buddy; dj; and i can't always get our personal lives to allow us to work on it as often as we would like to. but here is a video showing that we finally got to be able to take it around the block. woo-hoo!  

the one wheeled wonder smoked it's first burnout! the video.

XXXECUTIONER187

• Archived User
W2kj's 1967 Chevelle
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 10:59:00 PM »

Nice!

hamwbone

• Recovered User
W2kj's 1967 Chevelle
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 04:36:00 AM »

Holler at me if ya need help sanding!

/Miss working on my jeep =(

vb_encryption_vb

• Archived User
W2kj's 1967 Chevelle
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 05:37:00 AM »

Nice, I have a 72, there is a pic floating around here some where of it.

w2kj

• Archived User
W2kj's 1967 Chevelle
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 01:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(hamwbone @ Feb 12 2013, 05:36 AM) View Post
Holler at me if ya need help sanding!

hey, will do.  i'm thinking of using plasti dip for the time being until my bro-in-law moves here.  he's a body wizard!

have all y'all seen the plasti dip video's on you tube?  i wanna black out the spokes on my cragar ss wheels.  give 'em the west coast look.

w2kj

• Archived User
W2kj's 1967 Chevelle
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 06:29:00 PM »

Alright…as a lot of y'all know (and for those who don't) I had a major stroke in 2003.  I lost the ability to speak and my right side was paralyzed.  My sons and their friend (EverestX) modded an xbox for me to use to help me rehabilitate myself.  I hooked into X-S in 2005 and got into the graphics forum…and it also was instrumental in furthering more rehabilitation.  Anyway…my aphasia is a real problem…so if I don't make any sense; it's just my "word salad" that scrambles my speech and text.  So bear with me.

I bought my Chevelle in 1988 when I lived in the high desert in Apple Valley, CA after my car was stolen.  In 1990 we drove it to get back to Texas.  I, my wife, and my 2 sons, and two chow-chows packed into the car.  Drove it for a couple o' years…and it O.D.'ed.  Fast forward to 1998 (? The exact year escapes me.)  The a/c unit in the house takes a crap in July…didn't have the funds to get it fixed.  So I'm talkin' to EvX's dad (Pat) and he wants to buy the car for right about what I needed to pay to fix it.  So I sold it to 'em.  Then a few years later I bought a 76 Malibu …beautiful car!  Fast forward again…between Pat and EvX and myself think that I would like to have my 67 back, and Pat and I make a deal because he wanted to have a big car for Ev to drive…well anyway, I traded for my 76 Malibu to them for getting my 67 Chevelle + $1000 bucks in return.  It was a good trade…all of the body bushings, and the suspension were done (they were doing a resto.)  They used some top notch parts to do it.  On top of that; the interior was gutted.  ( As a sidelight…after the trade; about a year after EvX is driving it he has a pretty gnarly wreck…he's in the ICU and wakes up after a day or so…first thing out of his mouth was "John's (me) is gonna kill me."  He didn't care that he was in the hospital, and that his car was wrecked; he was worried I'd be pissed!  : )

Well; two years ago I built a Chevy 350; with the help of my best friend, and recently I finally felt like I could tackle getting this car on the road again.  This is the year!   I've been working on it quite a bit lately, and hope to be driving it April (of course…the interior and paint and body will have to take a while longer, ya know how the economy is.)  i know it looks pretty ratty...but it is a solid car!

I'm gonna start this wip with a couple o' recent pix…

this is what I would like it to look like...

IPB Image

this is what it looked like a few weeks ago...

IPB Image

I love these wheels... smile.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

got my motor and powerglide installed....

IPB Image

IPB Image

work might be slow...but i'll update as frequently as i can.

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
W2kj's 1967 Chevelle
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 08:57:00 PM »

Awsome, dude.  65-67 Chevelle's are straight up one of the sexiest cars ever built.

Good luck with your project, and your recovery  smile.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
W2kj's 1967 Chevelle
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 07:41:00 AM »

Awesome car man! there's a lot of potential right there smile.gif

I must say I'm envious how clean those southern chassis stay... here in the north east we salt the roads in the winter to keep the roads from icing up and it causes cars to rot out something nasty in just a few short years. I mean my car is a 95 and clean and that's astounding to most people around here.  if you see a car from the 60s or 70s that's as clean as yours... it means it was imported  laugh.gif

w2kj

• Archived User
W2kj's 1967 Chevelle
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 03:05:00 PM »

Got a li'l bit done the other day...put the headers in, got my water pump and pump pulley, and fuel pump...still waiting for my manual steering box to arrive...the weather has been hit and miss...

(IMG:http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b210/w2kj/100_3450.jpg)

(IMG:http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b210/w2kj/100_3451.jpg)

(IMG:http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b210/w2kj/100_3452.jpg)

This post has been edited by w2kj: Mar 29 2009, 10:09 PM

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
W2kj's 1967 Chevelle
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 07:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(w2kj @ Mar 29 2009, 02:41 PM) View Post

...still waiting for my manual steering box to arrive...

Manual steering??.... C'mon, how you gonna pull a Rockford with manual steering....

w2kj

• Archived User
W2kj's 1967 Chevelle
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 12:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(StrictPuppet @ Apr 1 2009, 08:33 PM) View Post
Manual steering??.... C'mon, how you gonna pull a Rockford with manual steering....
blink.gif strong arms and quick reflexes?  

nah...i'm just building a simple machine....with manual steering it's one less accessory for the crankshaft to power; no fluid to mess with and less hoses...also it lets me mount my alternator down low on the block.  

bucko

• Recovered User
W2kj's 1967 Chevelle
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 07:23:00 AM »

that car so reminds me of Oliver!!

top gear fans in the UK should know what I'm reffering too!

Good work!

(IMG:http://static.autoblog.nl/images/wp2007/Top%20Gear%20in%20Afrika%202.jpg)

This post has been edited by bucko: Apr 2 2009, 02:25 PM

w2kj

• Archived User
W2kj's 1967 Chevelle
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2009, 08:19:00 AM »

i've seen top gear a couple o' times...pretty cool show.  

i did a web search for oliver...i didn't find much info about it; short of it's condition when hammond bought it...but i don't get it? blink.gif

bucko

• Recovered User
W2kj's 1967 Chevelle
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2009, 10:50:00 AM »

they went over the Botswana desert/salt lake and the used banged up cars (no doors etc) but Hammond loved his so much he took it back to England laugh.gif it should be on youtube some where I think it's a special episode.

grim_d

• Archived User
W2kj's 1967 Chevelle
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2009, 05:43:00 AM »

it was an opel (vauxhall) kadett. smashing little motor.

botswana episode of top gear highly recommended to anyone who hasnt seen it, as is the winter special, infact just watch them all, that's an order.

Just read all your blurb in the first post, how is EverestX? we used to chat on aim but I don't have it anymore

This post has been edited by grim_d: Apr 3 2009, 12:54 PM
Pages: [1] 2 3