xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Little Bit Of Rust.  (Read 103 times)

grim_d

• Archived User
Little Bit Of Rust.
« on: February 24, 2008, 01:31:00 PM »

this is what happens when someone drills holes for a licence plate then doesnt use them.

Me putting off fixing it for years didnt help tongue.gif

all fixed now though biggrin.gif

IPB Image

Dano2k0

• Archived User
Little Bit Of Rust.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 04:45:00 PM »

Oh mate, thats some nasty rust youve got there.

I only see one pic with it cleaned up though, have you just treated it or have you patched a panel in now? Ideally a new piece of metal could be welded in, or fiberglass it up and fill it smile.gif

grim_d

• Archived User
Little Bit Of Rust.
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 06:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(Dano2k0 @ Feb 25 2008, 12:21 AM) View Post

Oh mate, thats some nasty rust youve got there.

I only see one pic with it cleaned up though, have you just treated it or have you patched a panel in now? Ideally a new piece of metal could be welded in, or fiberglass it up and fill it smile.gif

it was treated with rust treatment then fibreglasses with mesh reinforcement, then filled, and painted that entire section of the boot. we were gong to weld a plate in but we never had any plate handy.

not my idea of fun.

Dano2k0

• Archived User
Little Bit Of Rust.
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 07:41:00 AM »

Haha yeah i can guess it wasn't too much fun, but still none the less youve got to do what you got to do wink.gif

Glad to hear it came out alright anyway, and its good to see you actually took the time and effort to fix it properly, alot of people would have either bodged it or left it the way it was.

I think i'll have a new car soon, Vauxhall Astra SRI MK4, so i might post some pics of it in the near future providing i get it that is.  biggrin.gif