xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 305 Sb  (Read 79 times)

coldasice

• Archived User
305 Sb
« on: June 22, 2007, 01:30:00 PM »

I am looking to put some stuff on my 305. Nothing major unless it can be put in a 350. I plan on getting a block and building an engine from there. Although for now I would like to have a few horsepower goodies to get some extra smoke off the tires. It is a TBI so the options are somewhat limited. I guess I am asking in your opinions what will give me the most bang for my buck. Thanks guys.

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
305 Sb
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 01:26:00 AM »

Cheap and simple is to advance your timing 3-5 degrees, add a free flowing airfilter (K&N etc) but probably your best bet would be to swap the intake manifold with a better one.  There arent too many options for a tbi manifold but Edelbrock makes a decent one.  Match that up with a decent pair of headers/exhaust and you should see ~15% hp gain with little effect of fuel economy. All of those can be transferred over to a 350 if you upgrade later.  It may not be worth it to you to swap camshafts but another increase can be made there.  The 305 suffers from a very small bore diameter, so large valve heads arent really an effective option (price wise either).  Stick with the small stuff and build your 350 the way you want it.