xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Advice On Buying A Car  (Read 185 times)

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Advice On Buying A Car
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2006, 07:41:00 PM »

Scion Tc is a great little car. Frankly amazing. My fave car in this thread is the RX8. I have no idea about reliability. I doubt you could get one in your price range. But theyre so fucking cool. Any engine that becomes more effiecient @ high RPMs rules. It's more powerful AND gets better gas mileage. It's just BEGGING to be driven hard.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Advice On Buying A Car
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2006, 07:51:00 PM »

It's reasonable year round up here. (Maine) FWD.
It's a snappy little 4 banger that gets decent gas mileage. Kind of reminds me of a FWD Corolla GTS.
Looks decent IMO
Keep factory options to a limit. The SC kits they have are RIP OFFs. Granted they are warrantied. But theyre a reasonable car to drive everyday. Decent build quality. Will most likeyl be reliable. And cheap. Most cars that hit these catergories are boring to drive. (Think Altima, Camry, etc) This isnt bad at all.

thewickedjester

• Archived User
Advice On Buying A Car
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2006, 09:06:00 PM »

About the only VW I would recommend would be a classic bug/bus.

If you want a VW bus, I got one for ya, next door neighbor of one of my old girlfreinds built this:
IPB Image

15k of suspension parts into a VW that cost less than $150 from a junkyard, its called the Shitty Splitty (split window, get it?). Just figured I'd post it, its a cool car

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Advice On Buying A Car
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2006, 11:36:00 PM »

Nah, I might get an old bug someday though.  Moddable as hell and very easy to find parts for.

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
Advice On Buying A Car
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2006, 12:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(Rylinkus @ May 18 2006, 04:58 PM) View Post

Will most likeyl be reliable.

Most likely... psh... it damn well should be. lol It's Toyota. They should last well over 200k miles and towards 300k if they're consistant (have been for this long). The tC is the best thing Toyota ever did. It truely is the Civic killer as Mototrend (and I'm sure a thousand others) put it. It's such a refreshing style of car and is actually affordable. Interior is actually quite nice. Alot of plastic, but stylish. I have several friends that have one as well, and of course they all like it (one of which actually had a civic before hand).

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Advice On Buying A Car
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2006, 06:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(Owtlaw333 @ May 19 2006, 07:48 AM) View Post

Most likely... psh... it damn well should be. lol It's Toyota. They should last well over 200k miles and towards 300k if they're consistant (have been for this long). The tC is the best thing Toyota ever did. It truely is the Civic killer as Mototrend (and I'm sure a thousand others) put it. It's such a refreshing style of car and is actually affordable. Interior is actually quite nice. Alot of plastic, but stylish. I have several friends that have one as well, and of course they all like it (one of which actually had a civic before hand).

I refuse to judge a car until Ive seen it be reliable. Not every Toyota has been a gem. For every Camry and Pickup with the 22R theres a Tercel thrown in the mix. Most likely it will be reliable as normally Toyota does well. But they do have build issues on some of their cars, so it's not beyond reason to think it's possible the Scion Tc is in some way flawed.

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
Advice On Buying A Car
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2006, 12:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(Rylinkus @ May 19 2006, 03:08 AM) View Post

so it's not beyond reason to think it's possible the Scion Tc is in some way flawed.

But I can dream  sad.gif lol

woofis

• Archived User
Advice On Buying A Car
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2006, 12:38:00 PM »

i checked on the tc's and they are all around 15+... nice cars but slightly out of my range. o well, i still have a couple of months before i go and buy a car so im just gunna have to keep my eyes peeled.

nvm- i just found alot for 10k on autotrader... def. considering it. thanks for the advice guys

thewickedjester

• Archived User
Advice On Buying A Car
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2006, 12:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(woofis @ May 19 2006, 02:45 PM) View Post

i checked on the tc's and they are all around 15+... nice cars but slightly out of my range. o well, i still have a couple of months before i go and buy a car so im just gunna have to keep my eyes peeled.

Just watch traderonline.com and motors.ebay.com. One 'll come your way, unless you are going for a brand new car...

I looked for about 2 years before finding my car.

woofis

• Archived User
Advice On Buying A Car
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2006, 01:04:00 PM »

yea i still have time.. idk though, the tc's are nice and i bet i can find it cheaper but im still leaning towards the rsx. i find it nicer. idk, my heads in a knot right now. ill give it a few months and see what ends up happening.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Advice On Buying A Car
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2006, 03:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(jPoD @ May 19 2006, 10:44 PM) View Post

Oh man. You so just said that to get me in here. Welp, here i am. I'll tell you now that my friend with the said tC is in envy of my Altima. Granted a tC is a very nice car on its own, the Altima drives VERY well. It isnt the sportiest car of all time, but it isnt exactly bland either. It (mine at least; 2.5SL w/ Leather, Bose, etc.) is the sportiest of all the trim levels. The Altima holds it own.

I wasnt a fan of the one I drove. Of well. I think theyre nice looking little cars and Nissan has some very quality stuff, so I certainly won't badmouth it. I just like the Tc better.

thewickedjester

• Archived User
Advice On Buying A Car
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2006, 05:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(jPoD @ May 19 2006, 05:44 PM) View Post

Oh man. You so just said that to get me in here. Welp, here i am. I'll tell you now that my friend with the said tC is in envy of my Altima. Granted a tC is a very nice car on its own, the Altima drives VERY well. It isnt the sportiest car of all time, but it isnt exactly bland either. It (mine at least; 2.5SL w/ Leather, Bose, etc.) is the sportiest of all the trim levels. The Altima holds it own.

My mom has an Altima (I beleive a 2004... but I dont remember exactly), its a very nice car to ride in, but it lacks the balls I want my own cars to have. Though it probably wouldnt take much to get it there, so if your looking for a semi-sporty 4-door go with an Altima, they are nice.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Advice On Buying A Car
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2006, 07:54:00 PM »

Nissan makes some good stuff... it's too bad more of their higher performing stuff never makes it state side (heck you can see my Nissan love right in my sig beerchug.gif) Sure they've got the 350Z and the G35 but those things are dog slow compaired to their Japanese counterparts. You can still bolt on the power if you like, I had a buddy in college with a turboed Maxima that made over 300 to the wheels.

My biggest problem in finding cars I like is that I REFUSE to drive anything front wheel drive. So far everything I've owned has been either rear or all wheel. I just can't stand the way a front wheel drive car handles. As for winter driving... that's what all wheel is for  laugh.gif

Now that I've got the truck I want something rear wheel and fast to balance it out

the 240sx and 300zx are at the top of my list

...of course I wouldn't be adverse if I happened to stumble upon a mid 80s Corolla GTS love.gif or an M3 e30  love.gif  love.gif

lostboyz

• Archived User
Advice On Buying A Car
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2006, 08:09:00 PM »

Just saw one at work today and they are around the same price range as an Altima is the Volvo S60R, very flashy and it has all the wonderful safety that runs with volvo. A relatively small 2.5 L inline 5 with a 6spd tranny. I know its way out of the price range of the OP but thought it relavant to recent posts

EDIT:

stock:
IPB Image

A little bit of fancying:
IPB Image

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Advice On Buying A Car
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2006, 10:18:00 AM »

Volvos got some nice stuff on the market.
Pages: 1 [2] 3