xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ipod Into Car, Is It Easy?  (Read 59 times)

sayguh

• Archived User
Ipod Into Car, Is It Easy?
« on: February 15, 2006, 01:40:00 PM »

Hey, this has nothing to do with Xboxs but I love this forum and don't know where else to find the info.  I know nothing about car stereo's but i'm pretty good with electronics, I have a 2002 chevy malibu with stock stereo and i'm just curious if there is any easy way to hook up another input to it easily.....with out paying the 180 bucks for some "IPOD2CAR" interface box.  

I don't care about the buttons on my stereo working with the ipod, i just want to know if it's as simple as maybe 2 empty pins on a connector for an AUX input that i can wire up to the ipods headphone jack.  

Right now I have a DLO transpod FM transmitter that works well, but none of the songs have that "makes ya wana get up and dance" sound to them, my guess is due to the drop in quality.  Hence, asking about this lil project  biggrin.gif

I'm prob. never gona do this, but i'm just curious and if it fun and relativily simple, maybe i'll give it a try.  Just curious fellas, thanks.

sayguh

• Archived User
Ipod Into Car, Is It Easy?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 02:03:00 PM »

ok, i think i just found what I was looking for lol, 70 bucks for "GM12-AUX" which will plug into the back of my head unit, I guess that's my only option, unless I wana shell out even bigger bucks for IPOD attachments, right?