xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Car Radio Problems  (Read 66 times)

Vfreitas

• Archived User
Car Radio Problems
« on: June 11, 2005, 08:15:00 PM »

I'm not too sure how descriptive this will be, but bear with me. I have a 1981 Chevy Caprice Classic, (yes, it's still in great shape), but out of no where the other day the radio just crapped out on me. Not really sure why. First the audio went out, there was no sound at all when I turned on the radio. Then a few days later the LCD display stopped displaying text. It's still receiving power because the backlight on the LCD still turns on, so I'm extremely confused. I'm thinking this could be a number of things, but maybe someone with knowledge of car radios out there might have a diagnosis?

Edit: I replaced the fuse, thinking it would be as simple as that, but it still has the same problem.

ubernewb

• Archived User
Car Radio Problems
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 10:13:00 PM »

81 caprice.. was it still the stock radio? if so i'm suprised it lasted as long as it did.

did you check both fuses? the radio fuse only covers the accessory lead.. the cig lighter fuse covers the memory lead of the radio as well. even if the fuse looks good, replace it anyways.. if that doesn't work it's probably dead.