xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 1984 Camaro  (Read 90 times)

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
1984 Camaro
« on: June 09, 2005, 11:29:00 PM »

If you just want a decent looking muscle car then sure (check around though, you might find a better deal).

If you want a fast car stay away. 150hp? Not much in an old car (since old cars weigh a ton).

Rylinkus

• Archived User
1984 Camaro
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 09:18:00 AM »

Look wise I've always been a big fan of the 3rd generation Camaros. I think they look very nice. But as stated they weight alot. And even the TBI 350 can't move them all that quickly so a carbed 305 isn't gonna. So don't look to it to be a fast car. And a carbed V8 probably isn't going to yield good gas mileage by any means. A carbed 350 can do as badly as 8-10 mpg, so if gas mileage is a concern find out what a carbed 305s gonna get ya. I always prefer a 5 speed, but you could always swap one in later if you really wanted or just deal with the ATX which is relatively tough from what I've seen. I prefer fuel injected cars myself, but a lot of people prefer not having to deal with all the electronics and like carbed vehichles.

I will say this. I've looked at a bunch of 3rd gens in the last few months. Check the floor boards carefully. They will rust through. Surface rust is fine, but if you can put your hand into the drivers compartment it's gonna be a pain to deal with. If the floor boards have been replaced this probably won't be an issue, but it's worth checking just to verify he did as it's not something you really want to deal with.

I may have been a bit negative in the last few paragraphs. Let's switch modes now. Overall ANY car that runs and is safe (IE has brakes and no structural body issues) is worth $500 (Us or CDN, take your pick) And if the floor is intact this certainly meets both those criteria and then some. While it may not be amazingly fast when you compare it to other cars you could get for 500 bucks it's a very nice looking ride, seems to be in decent shape, and is pretty cool. I'm sure I'd buy it at that price and I already have my much faster 95 Z28. Jump onto
www.z28.com
if you like. It seems to be the most friendly of the camaro forums I've found. A lot of slightly older, (Average age of a Camaro owner is older then the average age of an Xbox or Ford Probe owner), but very nice and helpful people. Frankly it may be the best run forum I've been on in that it's super friendly and there never seems to be an argument that turns into a flame war. I have no doubts you could get a few more opinions there and find loads of info on what to look for on that particular car.

jesterrace777

• Archived User
1984 Camaro
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 03:23:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

yaazz

• Archived User
1984 Camaro
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 12:29:00 PM »

tongue.gif awesome car!

the black box

• Archived User
1984 Camaro
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2005, 04:24:00 PM »

Well I decided that I'm not going to be getting this as it is quite far away from me and I don't think it would be worth it as it need quite a bit of work and insurance would be hell for me(16) and it being my first car and all. So I'm just gonna look for something a little something more reasonable for now. Grab it while you still can if you still want it yaazz.