xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Lets Get Rid Of Bill....  (Read 30 times)

Andreus

• Archived User
Lets Get Rid Of Bill....
« on: October 16, 2006, 12:02:00 PM »

<--- Extremely into pc's..... starting to get back into consoles, just want to say Mr. Gates and whoever owns sony is ripping you guys off.   $100 for an outdated HDD you couldnt even sell for 20 bucks on ebay...  I mean im sure they are just tryin to milk everything but god damn.   Also does anybody know why they deem it illegal to mod you xbox?  You bought the fucker and cant do what you want to it?   <--  "It's yours now but we get to tell you what to do with it."   Gives a new meaning to "Just because you buy it doesnt mean you own it."

Anyway, sorry just thought i would rant and rave.   Cant wait till superman returns comes out.  

DOWN WITH MICROSHIT!  <-- amen........

Lol well im off to buy my xbox :\  ^ even after that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
Lets Get Rid Of Bill....
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 12:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(Andreus @ Oct 16 2006, 12:33 PM) *
<--- Extremely into pc's..... starting to get back into consoles, just want to say Mr. Gates and whoever owns sony is ripping you guys off. $100 for an outdated HDD you couldnt even sell for 20 bucks on ebay... I mean im sure they are just tryin to milk everything but god damn. Also does anybody know why they deem it illegal to mod you xbox? You bought the fucker and cant do what you want to it? <-- "It's yours now but we get to tell you what to do with it." Gives a new meaning to "Just because you buy it doesnt mean you own it."

Anyway, sorry just thought i would rant and rave. Cant wait till superman returns comes out.

DOWN WITH MICROSHIT! <-- amen........

Lol well im off to buy my xbox :\ ^ even after that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

In response to ignorant comment #1: Bill Gates has little to nothing to do with the pricing of ANYTHING.

ignorant comment #2: MS sells us hardware at a loss in hopes to make that up on games. Granted I don't feel their pricing is justified either, but we don't HAVE to buy their products. I would argue that the modchips you are wishing existed for 360 would be in excess of $50.00 just like the xbox ones. That is RIDICULOUS for a tiny pcb and 2-3 ics. There's no more than $10.00 worth of material there yet nobody questions it or complains. (I like to hear Xecuter and Xenium fanboys defend the pricing because all you have to do is look at the DuoX chips and their pricing to figure it out.)

ic #3: Do I know why it's illegal to modify the xbox? hmmm. Now on the surface, it IS yours and you CAN do what you want with it except when you're in violation of the law. There are millions of people out there that have sudafed and ruto in their home, but just because it's theirs doesn't mean they can make meth with it. Do you understand now? By modifying your console you violate the DMCA to begin with. Anything that enables you to STEAL games logically should be illegal. It does not take a genius to figure this out.

I'm going to leave the rest alone since anyone unfortunate enough to happen upon this thread will laugh at you for pointing out and expressing your dissatisfaction but then proceeding to buy into it. It's kind of like a pregnant woman pickets an abortion clinic all morning until it's her turn in line. WTF

Junkhead1281

• Archived User
Lets Get Rid Of Bill....
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 12:54:00 PM »

^  You told him!  I dont complain that the games are that expensive and that I cant play on XBL with a modded system, because they dont force this stuff upon me, I chose to buy it and play it but I dont need to.

bigjimmy

• Archived User
Lets Get Rid Of Bill....
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 02:46:00 PM »

Well said, BCfosheezy. BTW Bill gates is leaving soon anyway lol

I'm going to leave the rest alone since anyone unfortunate enough to happen upon this thread will laugh at you for pointing out and expressing your dissatisfaction but then proceeding to buy into it. It's kind of like a pregnant woman pickets an abortion clinic all morning until it's her turn in line. WTF

A very very good point there. And now I shall proceed to laugh and go WTF to that first post.

C o s m o

• Archived User
Lets Get Rid Of Bill....
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 03:36:00 PM »

I can see where this is heading.  Let's end it before it really gets going.