xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Another Careless Xbins Ban Story  (Read 83 times)

The LumbraX

• Archived User
Another Careless Xbins Ban Story
« on: September 29, 2002, 06:38:00 PM »

Dont worry about it man.     The bans only last about 24 Hours.   wink.gif  wink.gif  wink.gif

atomon

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2002, 07:42:00 PM »

me too

WiKKiD

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2002, 08:49:00 PM »

I get the feeling you guys rode the short bus to school..

If you paid attention to the actual ban msg, odds are you would see that your entire isp was banned.. This would be do to users abusing the rules of the channel with dynamic ip's, getting banned, getting a new ips and coming back in.. If you have a better way to rid the channel of people like this, other than banning the isp I'd love to hear it.. I agree it sucks you get banned for something you didn't do, but I also agree there's no way people should be allowed to abuse the rules, get a new ip and come back to do the same.

gt83

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2002, 02:10:00 AM »

QUOTE (WiKKiD @ Oct 1 2002, 02:49 AM)
I get the feeling you guys rode the short bus to school..

If you paid attention to the actual ban msg, odds are you would see that your entire isp was banned.. This would be do to users abusing the rules of the channel with dynamic ip's, getting banned, getting a new ips and coming back in.. If you have a better way to rid the channel of people like this, other than banning the isp I'd love to hear it.. I agree it sucks you get banned for something you didn't do, but I also agree there's no way people should be allowed to abuse the rules, get a new ip and come back to do the same.

Maybe you didn't see my other post, but I stated that I had a cable internet service.  Cox.net to be specific.  Can anyone verify if cox is on the spam list???

thehitman4

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2002, 10:28:00 AM »

Wikkid, can you get a list together of all the isps banned?  I'm a Juno guy I hate to admit, but that'll change soon.

I wouldn't changer isps just to get to Xbins, but I need some speed anyway.

I did not see anything saying the isp was banned BTW..  Just said banned: requested.

cool.gif

WiKKiD

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2002, 01:09:00 PM »

As stated in a previous post by iretch all bans have been lifted.. So just come back in and enjoy the channel, follow the rules and we can all be one big happy family. smile.gif

thehitman4

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2002, 10:27:00 AM »

Iretch, you plain got the wrong guy....  It could possibly have been the way I had my IP set when I switched to the new EvoX 1.8.259 a few weeks back.  I left my IP set at the default set by Evox...

You definitely got the wrong guy though...

I don't have time to impersonate people..That's just plain kiddy shit.  I do however appreciate your time to at least try to explain why I got kicked even though the explanation is wrong.

iretch

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2002, 06:30:00 PM »

if that's true, just change your nick and hostmask to something other than hitman, and you should be able to get in fine smile.gif

thehitman4

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2002, 10:08:00 AM »

Thanks Iretch...  It's funny that I use the nick Bad2121 or 2122 (alt) on IRC and 'the hitman' always comes up as already used..

Anyway, thanks for the intelligent/respectful responses to the conversation we've had on this thread over the last few weeks.

See you there..

hondaxbox

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2002, 07:47:00 PM »

dry.gif  dry.gif  heres one for ya i get kicked out and banned cause of my name HondaXboX  mad.gif  mad.gif

Scimmia

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2002, 07:52:00 PM »

QUOTE (hondaxbox @ Oct 11 2002, 01:47 AM)
dry.gif  dry.gif  heres one for ya i get kicked out and banned cause of my name HondaXboX  mad.gif  mad.gif

pick a new nick. *xbox* and *guest* are both banned.

bagel5009

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2002, 09:09:00 PM »

if you get in and you instantley get banned, you most likely have your isp banned or you are shit listed. my whole county is banned from #xbins, i luv that channel, but it sux i cant be there cuz some dumb lil munchgons

clownbow

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2002, 01:59:00 AM »

am i missing something here, i just went to #xbins and no-one there at all,where is every one.

bagel5009

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2002, 09:36:00 AM »

QUOTE (iretch @ Oct 11 2002, 03:07 PM)
bagel, yes it sucks that oc.oc.cox.net is banned, but we've had too many problems with it. i was thinking of removing it (its just about the only ban we have anymore) but you were being downright rude and disprespectful to me on irc, and i chose not to.

thehitman: sorry for the confusion

the nick *xbox* is no longer banned, i believe, but *guest* is, this is just to keep out some of the riffraff tongue.gif

we had problems with people with xbox in their nicks before, but since going +s we've had none. the chan has run a whole lot smoother since that change biggrin.gif

see ya there

iretch: im truly sorry for being ann asshole on irc, just luv yer channel, and its very annoying having a perm. ban, and im sorry i over-reacted.

bagel5009

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2002, 09:37:00 AM »

QUOTE (clownbow @ Oct 12 2002, 07:59 AM)
am i missing something here, i just went to #xbins and no-one there at all,where is every one.

its on efnet by the way
Pages: [1] 2