xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: The New And Improved Xlink Kai!  (Read 53 times)

cybrpunk

• Archived User
The New And Improved Xlink Kai!
« on: October 20, 2004, 04:55:00 PM »

From the Xlink homepage at www.teamxlink.co.uk

XLink Kai is Online..

The new Kai has been released. It is important to note that you *must reinstall* - autoupdate has not been used on this update. I'm going to summarise the various parts of this release below - please read them.

Windows

The Win32 Kai package has undergone massive changes - both visually and in the background. The frame handing core has been rewritten - thanks to the generosity of the XR8D community, Kai now uses psSDK - the fastest and most efficient packet capture / injection core ever created. This, combined with a complete UDP core rewrite, including a brand new MAC caching subsystem make Kai *by far* the fastest frame tunnel available - for all consoles.

Thanks to dfunked, you now have an awesome UI - consistent, fast, sexy - it's what we wanted Kai to be in the first place - and now it's done.

A full changelog for this Windows release was planned - but to be honest, it's been so long - and so much has been done - I wouldn't stand a chance of getting it all at one go. So just *play* - you will notice the difference within seconds ;).

*nix

Well, what to say.. I'm a *nix scheptic - always have been really - but I cannot deny that spending the last few weeks working with Luis (^S^) on the cross-platform code for the kaiEngine has given me a new view on all this stuff. You can download binaries for Linux and OSX right now!! Be assured, even though these cores only support Messenger mode and XBox, *great things* are being planned by ^S^ and his selected platform assistants. This is the fastest growing area of Kai - and I couldn't be happier that we have someone like Luis at the helm.. simply awesome work..

API

A *very* simple and early UI API has been made available - and I will be opening the Developer forums on TX ASAP. I hope this helps the people who have been playing with kaiUI to take the next step - but I certainly still need your input to move these documents forward. Expect a *lot* of frequent updates to this release - please post in the "Update Me" thread in our Developer forum (when it's enabled) to get email notifications of API updates.

The WML Services for Kai have slipped a bit - it was expected. I'll clean the rest up tomorrow - look out for a news post about it. If anything was to slip, I'm glad it's this - and nothing serious.

Finally, a note to all the people who have been involved in this release - from both Kai's moderation group and from external Clans and other user groups. This release would not be here right now, if it wasn't for your hard work - *please* enjoy this release - you've all earned it..

Visit our website at www.teamxlink.co.uk and welcome to an all new Xlink Kai.

This post has been edited by cybrpunk: Oct 21 2004, 12:08 AM <