xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Feature For Kai Or Rc2  (Read 77 times)

helpmeplz

• Archived User
New Feature For Kai Or Rc2
« on: December 19, 2003, 08:40:00 AM »

I have a feeling this would be a feature idea for the Kai since thats the newest thing and the best  :D  even though I have not got to beta test  :(  oh well I was to late to sign up so I get to wait  ;)  but I was thinking is it possible to have it for each person can set how many players they have on there xbox so you can see it in the chat like next to there name, I know xbc has this and its a nice feature when your trying to setup games, cause then you can make sure everything is balanced even before you launch a game, just an idea post if you think its a good or bad idea, also did I hear there reopening the beta signup to get more people for kai  :uhh:  cause if thats true I will sign up ASAP  :)

NoseBreaker

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2003, 08:52:00 AM »

Well..

A even better idea..

In the room, you'll see all the local and remote xboxes connected..

Wait, it's already there? :blink:

helpmeplz

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2003, 08:59:00 AM »

QUOTE (NoseBreaker @ Dec 19 2003, 05:41 PM)
Well..

A even better idea..

In the room, you'll see all the local and remote xboxes connected..

Wait, it's already there? :blink:

thats true nosebreaker except it does not show how many users are on each remote box  :evil:  that was what I was saying

NoseBreaker

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2003, 09:10:00 AM »

My bad  :P

Not a bad idea..

But how should it be done?

Like in the Xlink options, or when you join/create let's say a Halo room..

Xlink options: you may forget to change it next time

Join/Create room: some always play alone or with certain amount of people.. and would dislike "another damn popup".

What do you think? I'm not sure wich I'd go for

helpmeplz

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2003, 09:23:00 AM »

I guess that would be up to TD if he would want to even add this option the way that xbc does it is there is a little option right under the chat window that says players and you select and its hard to forget since its right in your face lol, pop up box would be a sweet idea may get annoying to some people though

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2003, 09:34:00 AM »

well, in the end its up to td, but i have to admit...only a few games allow more than one user per box, so this may only useful for a small amount of overall users.

helpmeplz

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2003, 09:46:00 AM »

QUOTE (jz28 @ Dec 19 2003, 06:23 PM)
well, in the end its up to td, but i have to admit...only a few games allow more than one user per box, so this may only useful for a small amount of overall users.

I think the main help for this would be halo, counter-strike? sure on cs since I never played xbox version yet, or rb6 not sure on that one either never played but halo I know can have up to 4, makes ya wonder why you cant have more then 1? lol but just an idea, also I got bo-link working last night that thing is RAD

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2003, 09:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (helpmeplz @ Dec 19 2003, 01:35 PM)
QUOTE (jz28 @ Dec 19 2003, 06:23 PM)

I think the main help for this would be halo, counter-strike? sure on cs since I never played xbox version yet, or rb6 not sure on that one either never played but halo I know can have up to 4, makes ya wonder why you cant have more then 1? lol but just an idea, also I got bo-link working last night that thing is RAD

yah, boxlink is my reason for supporting xlink so much :)

but to get back to the issue at hand, i think halo is 4 per box, and crimson skies and top spin are also 2 per box.

maybe unreal and wolfenstein? I dont know for sure.

Usually i play with just me on my box, if i had friends that lived close enough to play on my box with, i wouldnt play online :)

So, there really arent that many games that this is useful for, but i guess that is for TD to decide.

BTW, r6-3 is not multi player splitscreen in syslink (if at all) and neither is counterstrike.

This post has been edited by jz28: Dec 19 2003, 05:50 PM

helpmeplz

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2003, 09:53:00 AM »

I understand just an idea  :D  so we will see I think its cool, also do you know if there reopening sign ups for kai oh and one last thing dfunked you lucky bastard you need to introduce me to the girls in your crew picture  B)

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2003, 10:19:00 AM »

QUOTE (helpmeplz @ Dec 19 2003, 01:42 PM)
I understand just an idea  :D  so we will see I think its cool, also do you know if there reopening sign ups for kai oh and one last thing dfunked you lucky bastard you need to introduce me to the girls in your crew picture  B)

i hear that the beta will be reopening yes :)