xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Rc2 And Virtual Pc 6  (Read 84 times)

poiygon

• Archived User
Rc2 And Virtual Pc 6
« on: December 15, 2003, 12:20:00 AM »

I have a friend that would like to try XLink, but he has a Mac. Currently, he has Windows 98 installed through Virtual PC 6, but a simple install of RC2 didn't work. He can connect to the internet in Virtual PC, but his IP address is different from the one OSX has. He's not sure where to go from there. Could anyone provide some help on this matter? Thanks.

PS: Please, don't post anything unless it's constructive. I already know he should have a PC instead of a Mac, but that's his problem. I also know that KAI will be ported to OSX, but that could be a long ways.

jz28

• Archived User
Rc2 And Virtual Pc 6
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2003, 03:42:00 PM »

QUOTE (poiygon @ Dec 15 2003, 06:14 AM)
I have a friend that would like to try XLink, but he has a Mac. Currently, he has Windows 98 installed through Virtual PC 6, but a simple install of RC2 didn't work. He can connect to the internet in Virtual PC, but his IP address is different from the one OSX has. He's not sure where to go from there. Could anyone provide some help on this matter? Thanks.

PS: Please, don't post anything unless it's constructive. I already know he should have a PC instead of a Mac, but that's his problem. I also know that KAI will be ported to OSX, but that could be a long ways.

well, i used to run virtual pc a while back...and the network connection is sorta "shared"...it would seem that if you have a router (if he does) then he should forward ports to the ip of the "virtual" pc, and not the regular one...it should work out.