xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cr3 Lite Vs Coolrunner Rev C  (Read 208 times)

SergioFoX

• Archived User
Cr3 Lite Vs Coolrunner Rev C
« on: April 25, 2013, 04:31:00 PM »

Should this be posted somewhere else?
I would like to keep my CR3 lite and figure out what settings I need to coolrunner to work.

Any help would be a appreciated

wilgo45

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 05:52:00 PM »

I don't have answers for you.

Someone will eventually pitch in   ... just be patient

johnyblackout

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 08:19:00 PM »

Why don't you just wire up the CR with the diagram in the jrunner images section? I would leave all the setting as is and just use a shielded cable for point D. If it doesn't glitch, then you can start tinkering with the CR (messing with jumpers, caps, etc...) Just from my experience though, RGH2 on falcons is pretty sketchy. You might just want to wait until r-jtag comes out.

SergioFoX

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 08:47:00 AM »

Thanks for your reply johnyblackout

It works great with the CR3 lite, it usually does not take more then 3-4 flashes to boot.
I'm just looking for clarification why this chip works fine with no jumpers and with the coolrunner nothing worked even using caps (680 and 470).

I know I should just be happy and call it a day with the CR3 but still would like to know why it works and the other does not. And if my experience would be helpful with other having issues with falcons and rgh 2.0

I program the same timing file, guessing these two are just different animals even without using the cpu cleaner switches.

colenz

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 12:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(SergioFoX @ May 5 2013, 03:47 AM) View Post

Thanks for your reply johnyblackout

It works great with the CR3 lite, it usually does not take more then 3-4 flashes to boot.
I'm just looking for clarification why this chip works fine with no jumpers and with the coolrunner nothing worked even using caps (680 and 470).

I know I should just be happy and call it a day with the CR3 but still would like to know why it works and the other does not. And if my experience would be helpful with other having issues with falcons and rgh 2.0

I program the same timing file, guessing these two are just different animals even without using the cpu cleaner switches.

Hi what are your LK settings? I have followed the same install as you have both using slim and phat setting with S2 1,5 on rest off and all off on S2. But it wont even turn on. Slim D blue wire used as well and timing file A. Do you have a picture of your full install showing the settings? and video showing it running? If not can you take pics and post it and if not please confirm any other settings I may be missing?

SergioFoX

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 07:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(colenz @ Jul 18 2013, 07:31 AM) View Post

Hi what are your LK settings? I have followed the same install as you have both using slim and phat setting with S2 1,5 on rest off and all off on S2. But it wont even turn on. Slim D blue wire used as well and timing file A. Do you have a picture of your full install showing the settings? and video showing it running? If not can you take pics and post it and if not please confirm any other settings I may be missing?

I believe my settings are
LK1 - Short (Disable Crystal)
LK2 - Open (Enable 10 Ohm on CPU_RST)
LK3 - Open (C15 Disable)
LK4 - All Open (Slim Settings)

Let me know if that helps you.

Also if your console is not booting that's another issue and itself.
And you should ask for help in another thread and post picture of your install, mine works great  tongue.gif