xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Gamefly  (Read 549 times)

RAIDER925

• Archived User
Gamefly
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2005, 09:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(jasho @ Jun 4 2005, 07:14 AM)
Huh...at least I don't feel as bad. I have just lost another game in the mail, which makes it 4 now I think within the past 3 months. And the weird thing is that it seems to happen at the end of the month. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay) and have reported the incidences to USPS and encourage others to do so. If this is a regional problem, then the amount of incidents filed can help USPS and Gamefly determine where in route the games are being lost. But, good to hear that others in the area may be having the same problem as me, but too bad that it has to be this way.

RAIDER925

• Archived User
Gamefly
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2005, 10:55:00 AM »

Finally they emailed me.

"Our apologies, but we never received the game. I will report a shipping problem and have the next game in your GameQ sent out ASAP. If that game is currently unavailable, you may receive the next available game in your GameQ.

Thank you,"

Oh well I'll pay one more month for this service then I'm canceling because I will be moving anyway

jasho

• Archived User
Gamefly
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2005, 08:15:00 AM »

It's always sending back that gets lost and it usually takes 3 days for them to respond to my shipping problems. And that message is the standard message that they send out to everyone. It doesn't really matter what you type into the comments section. If you reply to that e-mail though, then they actually resopond with something relevant to your comment and it is usually within the same day for me.

~Jason

Canz

• Archived User
Gamefly
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2005, 09:07:00 AM »

I emailed Gamefly and referenced this thread.  Here is what I got in reply:

Dear xxxxxxxx,

Our apologies, but we never received Dragon Ball Z Sagas: Evolution. We wait 7 days before flagging any game with a shipping problem. Since its well beyond that time frame, I will report a shipping problem and have the next game in your GameQ sent out ASAP. If that game is currently unavailable, you may receive the next available game in your GameQ.

We have found that encouraging our customers to report problems to the US Postal Service may help in pursuing other solutions to the problem. You can reach the US Postal Service by dialing 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777) or you may download and fill out Form 1510 from the USPS website (www.usps.gov) and submit it to your postmaster. The form is located within the Frequently Asked Questions, Claims Domestic Mail section or thru the following link:

http://hdusps.esecur...hp?p_faqid=6367

Thank you,

GameFly Customer Service
Email: [email protected]
Online help: http://www.gamefly.c...elp/default.asp

RAIDER925

• Archived User
Gamefly
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2005, 02:03:00 PM »

wow I can't believe this... I think ANOTHER game got lost now.... I sent wipeout pure for PSP back on Thursday and it still hasen't got there, Normally it would have gotten there on Sat. So I figured prob a short delay and it would get there today but nope

jasho

• Archived User
Gamefly
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2005, 03:01:00 PM »

Yup, so lately there has been something going on with the East Bay lately. I talked to customer support and he looked at my location and said that there have been lots of reports of lost games. Lately, I have been sending back my games from the post office directly instead of putting them in my mailbox and so far, so good.

~Jason

RAIDER925

• Archived User
Gamefly
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2005, 03:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(jasho @ Jun 13 2005, 02:12 PM)
Yup, so lately there has been something going on with the East Bay lately. I talked to customer support and he looked at my location and said that there have been lots of reports of lost games. Lately, I have been sending back my games from the post office directly instead of putting them in my mailbox and so far, so good.

RAIDER925

• Archived User
Gamefly
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2005, 11:26:00 PM »

Hey jasho so when you call usps what do they say to you? Because it looks like I'm probably gonna have to file another game lost (2nd psp game in a row) and gamefly is prob. going to tell me to call usps. Do you know if even though they tell me to call usps they will still send another game?.... man all these lost games are starting to make me mad, They better not charge me for these

jasho

• Archived User
Gamefly
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2005, 09:27:00 AM »

RAIDER925, don't worry about them charging you the games. They will not do that. From what I was told by the customer rep is that the system will automatically flag your account and put a hold on it if it determines that too many games are being lost. The worst that can happen is that they revoke your account. They will not charge you for the missing games because they cannot prove that you kept them or they really got lost in the mail. They will still send another game as usual when filing a shipping problem with Gamefly. As for USPS, they will take your name, address, and destination address and the company name if applicable. They will then give you a confirmation number which you should keep for your records and provide to Gamefly if necessary. I sent them my confirmation number as proof that I actually filed a complaint with USPS. Personally, after I filed a complaint with USPS, I have not had one game lost yet....we'll see how long this keeps up. Gamefly is aware that it is not our fault if the game gets lost, so they will not charge us for the game, but they also told me that they want to "protect" their business and may cancel the subscription because they are losing money for the games that get lost. But, he did say that it usually takes quite a bit of games being lost in a short period of time in order for the system to actually flag the account. I have had 4 lost games within the last 3 months and I still have a "good standing" status with them.

~Jason

br0w

• Archived User
Gamefly
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2005, 01:02:00 PM »

i would NEVER recomend gamefly, they have completely lost my buisness. the very first game i ordered from them had scratches ETCHED INTO THE DISK WITH A KNIFE on the disk, but they still sent it to me. i complained about this, i returned it, and guess what they sent me back. THE SAME EXACT DISK.

i am very angry at this company, and would never recomend it to anyone. ever.

killerbootsman

• Archived User
Gamefly
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2005, 01:07:00 PM »

I'm still with gamefly, and their turnaround time has been rather slow. i am just wating for san andreas, then after that i am going to cancel, because there's not a lot of good games coming out soon.

RAIDER925

• Archived User
Gamefly
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2005, 10:48:00 AM »

wow... screw gamefly!!! I just got this email

Thank you for reporting a shipping problem. Unfortunately the number of shipping problems that have been reported exceeds our limit.

While we understand that this is not your fault, it is our company policy to close any account on which an abnormal amount of games have been lost and not recovered.

We are sorry we have to cancel your account. We may be able to reactivate your account in the future if some of the games are recovered. A refund for unused time has been issued to your account in the amount of $15.60. Please mail any games back to us.

If you receive an e-mail indicating a lost game has been recovered, please contact us to reactivate your account at that time.

billboy2000

• Archived User
Gamefly
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2005, 02:38:00 PM »

cool.gif ...

poncho

• Archived User
Gamefly
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2005, 01:32:00 PM »

I used to like gamefly and now i hate them.  Gamefly claims not to have receive 2 games that i know i sent back.  I have been using them for 6 months now and have rented lots of games from them.  Now i think there is a problem with gamefly receiving departement process causing all of us to get pissed off at them.

I just cancelled my subscription today after they said i have not shipped back a game to them.  Why would i keep a game when i have a modded xbox???  Makes no sense.

Time to use blockbuster again.

rp71284

• Archived User
Gamefly
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2005, 05:12:00 PM »

beerchug.gif
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]