xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Gamefly  (Read 538 times)

RAIDER925

• Archived User
Gamefly
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2005, 12:12:00 AM »

Chaos theory is pretty good.. The fight night was alright, I'm gonna send that back tommorow so I can get Doom 3... So when you mail the game back its over night shipping? Envelope says first-class

jasho

• Archived User
Gamefly
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2005, 09:56:00 AM »

It's not overnight. It's first class which is regular mail...well anything that is in a package and not a regular envelope. I live in Northern California and it still takes 2 days to arrive back to Gamefly.

~Jason

LOUiSJAMESROWND

• Archived User
Gamefly
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2005, 05:41:00 PM »

wink.gif

RAIDER925

• Archived User
Gamefly
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2005, 05:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(jasho @ Apr 5 2005, 07:02 AM)
It's not overnight. It's first class which is regular mail...well anything that is in a package and not a regular envelope. I live in Northern California and it still takes 2 days to arrive back to Gamefly.

RAIDER925

• Archived User
Gamefly
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2005, 07:35:00 PM »

dang I hope the games didn't get lost in the mail... I sent them back early Tuesday and they still haven't got there.. They sent them to me on a Friday and it got here Monday so only took 2 days to get here ( not counting Sunday ).. I hope they arrive there by tommorow

MikeJD

• Archived User
Gamefly
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2005, 12:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(LOUiSJAMESROWND @ Apr 5 2005, 06:47 PM)
i use gamefly here. Although i feel bad because i just rent the game, open it up burn it and then just return it wink.gif

MikeJD

• Archived User
Gamefly
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2005, 12:37:00 PM »

mad.gif

jasho

• Archived User
Gamefly
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2005, 01:48:00 PM »

What do you mean not have the box?!? I have purchased many, many games from Gamelfy and they DO SEND YOU THE ORIGINAL BOX with manual. You have to pay for the shipping on them, but it's only like $2. It's great because Gamefly receives the games, gut out the discs for rental, and stores the original box. Then, they sell the game at a used price which is usually $15 off original, but the only thing used are the discs and you get the original box in excellent condition (mint). If you are not receiving your game boxes when you click keep it now, then something is seriously wrong.

P.S. As stated above and I believe in another forum...renting a game, copying it, then returning the game is illegal, it's called piracy, and is an abuse of the rental service.

~Jason

MikeJD

• Archived User
Gamefly
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2005, 02:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(jasho @ Apr 8 2005, 02:54 PM)
What do you mean not have the box?!? I have purchased many, many games from Gamelfy and they DO SEND YOU THE ORIGINAL BOX with manual. You have to pay for the shipping on them, but it's only like $2. It's great because Gamefly receives the games, gut out the discs for rental, and stores the original box. Then, they sell the game at a used price which is usually $15 off original, but the only thing used are the discs and you get the original box in excellent condition (mint). If you are not receiving your game boxes when you click keep it now, then something is seriously wrong.

RAIDER925

• Archived User
Gamefly
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2005, 03:10:00 PM »

beerchug.gif Now Doom 3 and Mercenaries should arrive Monday or Tuesday  pop.gif

jasho

• Archived User
Gamefly
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2005, 03:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(MikeJD @ Apr 8 2005, 11:18 AM)
My mistake, I didn't realize they gave you the option to get the box too. That makes it even better!

Dwoo

• Archived User
Gamefly
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2005, 03:48:00 PM »

I started my gamefly membership on monday, and the same day 2 psp games shipped.  It is now saturday and still no games.  I live in Michigan, which may or may not be my problem.  But either way, i'm pissed.  Kinda defeats the purpose of a 10 day free trial.

RAIDER925

• Archived User
Gamefly
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2005, 03:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(Dwoo @ Apr 9 2005, 12:54 PM)
I started my gamefly membership on monday, and the same day 2 psp games shipped.  It is now saturday and still no games.  I live in Michigan, which may or may not be my problem.  But either way, i'm pissed.  Kinda defeats the purpose of a 10 day free trial.

chefelf

• Archived User
Gamefly
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2005, 03:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(Dwoo @ Apr 9 2005, 04:54 PM)
I started my gamefly membership on monday, and the same day 2 psp games shipped.  It is now saturday and still no games.  I live in Michigan, which may or may not be my problem.  But either way, i'm pissed.  Kinda defeats the purpose of a 10 day free trial.

RAIDER925

• Archived User
Gamefly
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2005, 10:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(jasho @ Apr 10 2005, 06:17 AM)
Well, it says first class mail, but all that really is, is a name for regular package. It is not considered regular mail because it is not in a regular envelope. So, a first-class package is the same as shipping regular mail. It's the slowest. It may even be the same time frame as UPS/FedEx ground. Priority Mail on the other hand is different and does usually take 2-3 days to arrive anywhere in the US, but that costs more. Unfortunately, there is no option for shipping from Gamefly, which I think they should add. There should be a rental service that lets you choose which type of shipping you want from USPS and pay accordingly. But, I guess that would be too much trouble and would make them more liable if they or you don't receive the discs on time. With first class, they are not liable because USPS says it is not guaranteed within a certain amount of time. It's too bad for you guys that most of these rental services are here in CA.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4