xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Why Are Xbox Games Better Than Pc  (Read 206 times)

ragnar999

• Archived User
Why Are Xbox Games Better Than Pc
« on: August 27, 2004, 11:28:00 AM »

If xbox is a 733mhz Intel chip (I presume pent 3 class ) has only 32 meg GPU ram and 64meg normal ram. Is based on NT os and uses dirextx 7 i think.

Why the hell are the games so much more superior than my p4 desktop with Radeon 9200 SE 128 meg GPU and 1 gig normal ram??????/

What type of black magic is inside xbox when by all reakoning it is a vastly inferior PC?

This post has been edited by ragnar999 on Aug 27 2004, 06:29 PM

dewmonger

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2004, 01:23:00 PM »

I wouldn't say it's better than a PC.  Newer PCs are pretty darn good.  I would imaging that one reason is that Xbox maximizes its lower specs by dedicating all of its resources on gaming.  Whereas PCs are designed to do other things as well at the same time, and as a result needs higher specs to do the same thing.  That's my guess.

CreziB

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2004, 03:07:00 PM »

yea, xbox doesn't have the overhead drawing resources like a pc does, but there are quite a few pc games I've seen that would choke an xbox.

trentdadi

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2004, 04:45:00 PM »

I think its more along the lines of big game industries spending more time working on games for the xbox than the PC.  There really arent that many games for the PC.  Besides, there is more money in it for the xbox.  If you make a PC game, its gonna be massively pirated.

Andrew123654

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2004, 04:56:00 PM »

Just think for a second.....  How many combinations of PCs can you make with different mobo's, graphics cards, sound cards, ram, OS, and drivers?  Making a game thats compatible with all the different combinations is hard and Doom 3 did a good job of that and making a game look good.  Its not so much that every xbox is the same, its more that the whole xbox is dedicated to the one game playing while a pc will have to run the desktop among other things while your playing.

shavedrat

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2004, 04:58:00 PM »

You dont have Windows running in the background....

esc1

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2004, 05:59:00 PM »

/\  :lol:

r00kzz

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2004, 10:21:00 PM »

pc games are better in that they load faster and look better , but to get your pc to do that its cost alot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$, i think consoles kick ass now and i will always buy consoles now , because they proven they can be as good as pc in that u can now play online games and get updates to games , communicate with other peers and chat . I think we will see fewer and fewer games on the pc later on because most of the pc games are making the crossover to consoles. Consoles are more reliable , in the sense that when u buy a game it will work properly with the best grafix without optimizing settings. GO CONSOLES GO!

notsodiseased

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2004, 04:14:00 PM »

Its pretty simple. Console games are designed with 1 specific hardware set in mind. And all the mentioned hardware is designed for graphics and sound processing and very little else.

But to be fair. FarCry will never look or run better than on my computer when it comes to xbox. Same thing for painkiller

Crypty

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2004, 04:20:00 PM »

Bceause xbox games are optimized for xbox hardware while oc games cant be optimized for a specific setup because there are so damn many. Also computers aren't strictly gaming machines.

Sai1002

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2004, 05:15:00 PM »

I think pc is a big rip off, they come out with new graphic cards, processors, rams every 2 weeks... to meet it's requirements, WE have to buy new ones every year or so...  so i suggest you stick with xbox, it doesn't require you to upgrade, maybe hard drive and dvd drive (samsung) maybe... but not much.... oh wells  :D

This post has been edited by Sai1002 on Aug 29 2004, 12:15 AM

Rohaq

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2004, 05:43:00 PM »

PC games have to be designed to run on a huge number of hardware setups, whilst console games are designed with one hardware setup in mind, and so can be improved and optimised to make them run much faster, with improved graphics and sound.

However recent PC games are beating consoles on faster setups in terms of graphics, however this is to be expected, since a lot of advancements have been made since the Xbox was released. It's still admirable in terms of speed and graphical quality though.

bludgeon

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2004, 12:06:00 PM »

What are you smoking?  Xbox graphics are far, FAR inferior to anything on the PC.
What resolution do you play PC games at? 640x480? :uhh:

Crypty

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2004, 02:00:00 PM »

Ninja gaiden and riddick have better graphics than anything on pc except MAYBE doom 3.

Opteron

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2004, 02:02:00 PM »

QUOTE (Crypty @ Sep 16 2004, 03:00 PM)
Ninja gaiden and riddick have better graphics than anything on pc except MAYBE doom 3.

There's a lot more out there other than Doom 3.  Far Cry definitely comes to mind.