xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Unlocking Paris + Long Island Cars  (Read 408 times)

IROC-U

• Archived User
Unlocking Paris + Long Island Cars
« on: September 02, 2004, 02:14:00 PM »

hypothetically speaking, of course....

if someone were to d/l the booster packs, but didnt have a Live subscription (in other words, they couldnt pay to unlock them), would they be able to unlock the cars and tracks somehow by hex editing one or more of the .ini files??

just curious...

thanks for your time + expertise

DOS4GW

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 02:47:00 PM »

QUOTE (IROC-U @ Sep 2 2004, 09:46 PM)
hypothetically speaking, of course....

if someone were to d/l the booster packs, but didnt have a Live subscription (in other words, they couldnt pay to unlock them), would they be able to unlock the cars and tracks somehow by hex editing one or more of the .ini files??

just curious...

thanks for your time + expertise

You can unlock them by editing some inis.

But you'll not be able to play them, due to a render update wich is needed to run the new tracks. That update is in the new default.xbe that comes with the tracks. To be able to use the new default.xbe you need some hexing...

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?sho...c=216175&st=45#

IROC-U

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 03:16:00 PM »

i thank you for your prompt reply and apologize for wasting your time....after i posted i started perusing the sticky thread and found what you just linked to.

just to confirm....that fix you posted for the Paris tracks will let me use them without any glitches?

also...what about the Long Island cars?  any workarounds for those yet?

thanks

DOS4GW

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004, 04:36:00 PM »

No, you will not be able to play any of the new tracks yet.

However you will in the future, but I can't tell you when.

I'm looking at it, and I'm not alone :)

This post has been edited by DOS4GW: Sep 2 2004, 11:43 PM

IROC-U

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 05:08:00 PM »

understood.  thx again.

Seano

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2004, 04:00:00 PM »

I have downloaded and paid for both of the booster packs on my unmodded xbox and am wondering if there is any way to get them off of that one and onto my modded one?

I transfered the save game over and pgr2 on my modded xbox freezes coz the booster packs arent there.  If i can't transfer the booster pack, can i somehow edit the game save so it doesn't refer to the booster packs?

DOS4GW

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2004, 06:39:00 PM »

QUOTE (Seano @ Sep 18 2004, 11:32 PM)
I have downloaded and paid for both of the booster packs on my unmodded xbox and am wondering if there is any way to get them off of that one and onto my modded one?

I transfered the save game over and pgr2 on my modded xbox freezes coz the booster packs arent there.  If i can't transfer the booster pack, can i somehow edit the game save so it doesn't refer to the booster packs?

What ever you do don't read the other posts here. Especially not the one that's pinned...

Cars:

QUOTE (SniperKilla @ May 23 2004, 11:15 PM )

there are no places to put them as you have to grab the model and ini files out of them and integrate them like the other cars are in the actual game...

heres some basic instructions..

for the cars.. you only need $u

go to your pgr2 dir on your xbox.. then go to Cache/Cars

send over

dcontentcar1.pak_hrd
dcontentcar3.pak_hrd
dcontentcar4.pak_opn
dcontentcar5.pak_opn
dcontentcar5.pak_sft
dcontentcar6.pak_opn
dcontentcar6.pak_sft
dcontentcar7.pak_hrd
dcontentcar9.pak_hrd
dcontentcar13.pak_hrd

then go to the CarDynamics dir in the root of the pgr2 dir.. and send over all the
dcontentcar ini files..

then go to data/audio and send over all the
.dat
.xwb
in the folder, theres 5 per car and a turbo2 at the bottom..

now we need to do some ini file editing..

open Cars.ini from $u.. and Select all text in it.. and copy it to your clipboard..
then open Cars.ini from the FrontEnd folder on PGR2 and paste all of that at the TOP of the file.. then save and reupload..

then oper CarColours.ini from the $u dir.. copy all text again.. open CarColours.ini from the FrontEnd dir and paste it all at the TOP/Bottom (dosent matter where.. Cars.ini was pickey about where they were tho) save and upload

then open Classes.ini from the FrontEnd folder and at the bottom of the file.. paste this
[CLASS]
Name = "Paris Cars"
ID = 1014

then save and reupload..

clear your xbox cache partitions (X Y Z) if youve played pgr2 lately.. and then fire it up and enjoy...

Tracks:

QUOTE (DOS4GW @ May 24 2004, 01:27 AM )

This is how to unlock the paris tracks:

Paris Frontend Maps.dat
Paris.pak_common
Paris.pak_day
Paris.pak_stream
Paris.pvs_Day

belong in /Game/Areas/

Paris_dry.xwb
Paris_wet.xwb
ParisMono.ini
ParisNight.ini
ParisRain.ini
ParisRefs.ini

in /data/audio/

and

boat01.pak
boat02.pak

in /Cache/Objects/

copy and paste data from new the new ini-files into the original Cities.Ini and Routes.Ini in /Frontend/ and stereo.ini in /data/audio/

Now u have unlocked the paris tracks.

Notice the render error on addon tracks, so they will not work.

Redneck427

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2004, 08:24:00 PM »

ok, so, paris, and all these other cars are already in the game, you just have to pay for them in xbox live (or hack them) to unlock them? kinda like the xbox is already a DVD player but you need to buy a fucking remote to use it?

Redneck427

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2004, 08:26:00 PM »

ok, so, paris, and all these other cars are already in the game, you just have to pay for them in xbox live (or hack them) to unlock them? kinda like the xbox is already a DVD player but you need to buy a fucking remote to use it?

DOS4GW

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2004, 11:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(Redneck427 @ Dec 23 2004, 04:58 AM)

No, this is content downloads. Addons you download from Xbox Live, not on the retail game disc.