xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A New Mod To Start With Xbox In Mind  (Read 342 times)

elitewolverine

• Archived User
A New Mod To Start With Xbox In Mind
« on: August 11, 2005, 08:21:00 PM »

The one thing i have come accross while looking for mods is will it work or not, or just the shear size of the database to search through...

So here is my project, a mod with the xbox limits in mind, and xbox friendly. Xbox first pc later kinda of thought...(i did make a few mods for the pc a long time ago before xbox 1 version)

The idea for this mod is not to add a all end all shop or to make a entire new game world....the idea is to bring different ideas into one mod, and base it around liven up the towns to make it look richer...

but since the xbox has limits i have to add many ideas to many locations to get it to work problem free with the box, and in doing so will liven up the game world with more livelier towns....

Right now marketplaces is the main theme for my mod with a few buildings to come about as well....it will be for beginners and for people who already beat the first quest etc...

the towns to be modded are balmora, ebonheart, caldera, vivec, aldruhun(maybe), dagon fel, ghostgate

the possibility to do questions within these marketplaces can be put in as long as they dont interfear with the main quest or pickup bugs because of it...

each town will get a number of mods 3-10 each with about 6+ npc's per town...

If anyone has a small armor mod etc or building mod etc, and want it in this mod plz feel free to give me a heads up.  Ideas are greatly welcome the more the merrier.

each thing will also have a small theme, for instance balmora will be for beginners looking for a edge up, or caldera for those players looking to get rid of that beginner bonemold....and ghostgate for those looking for items to get them through the ashers etc...maybe even a few vampire marketplaces to help with those index quests....

I want this mod to be a very good 20mb large, by spreading everyones good ideas around the world so we can have a nice large mod...

2-3weeks is what i hope for, for the first mod to be out.  My wife will also be playing while i create to see what is missing or could be added in.  I am fighters guild she is mages, so i need that other insight or it will be all weapons sold lol.

quests might be added as said earlier but probably after the first installment and maybe even a market guild island that is being overun by bandits and needs your help, or something, every idea will be taken into consideration,and if used even ever so slightly your name will be put in the readme file etc....maybe even npc ;)

this is also a balanced mod, so dont expect every market or building to have the best, itwill have armorand weapons but only one or two shops will carry the best and very select ones at that....this is to enhance the experience, not to 'cheat' or 'overpower' it.

and if people want races for those just starting out, name which ones you want and i will include them in the mod...

pictures will be released of progress in a week or sooner if i get one place done etc, so you can see the quality and give feedback on it...

This post has been edited by elitewolverine: Aug 12 2005, 03:26 AM

darth_turtur

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 11:19:00 AM »

I heard this saying once, "He who tries to reach for the stars may find himself wiltering to the sound of loneliness." - Walter Newcombe

Darth Turtur's response: "I'd rather reach for the stars than live a life of mediocrity...besides, I don't have to pay for my BMW if i'm up that high."  tongue.gif

What the hell was my point again? Oh yeah, I remember.

You are embarking on one hell of a project there my friend.  Let me know how the forum can help you out.  I know you mentioned in the other thread that you have the pc copy and also have access to TESCS.  This is a great way to get the users involved.  I'll pin a topic on top of the forum with users's requests on what they would want to see.  Let me know what else you need.

forprog

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 11:29:00 AM »

looking forward to seeing your mods work elitewolverine good luck

daedelus7183

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 04:01:00 PM »

You should merge it with the Morrowind Cities Anti-Mod so the framerate stays good and reduce DDEs. Just my $0.02.  beerchug.gif

darth_turtur

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2005, 05:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(daedelus7183 @ Aug 12 2005, 04:12 PM)
You should merge it with the Morrowind Cities Anti-Mod so the framerate stays good and reduce DDEs. Just my $0.02.  :beer:

That's worth $0.08 but it doesn't make sense to say "Here's my eight cents"...just doesn't flow right, doesn't it?

I think the Morrowind Cities Anti-Mod was taken down because of some instability and how it affects certain game behaviors (damn GMST's!!!)  same thing the FPS Optimizer.  Unstable.  Too bad some authors keep messing up with things that they don't have to.  Some of these mods could've turned out extremely well.

elitewolverine

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2005, 08:45:00 PM »

Well thanks Darth....that would be nice...

on mod merging, that will come about oh halfway into the mod...

right now one of the balmora markets is 60-80% finished, called the guild market...

in fact there is a new guild called markets guild, expansion on joining the guild is yet to be seen as that is part of mission building etc...but its there...

there is also a "guild" of guards for the markets, one or two each, each guard is level 60+ and has either ebony armor glass etc, depending on locations i guess....also each one has its own weapon that well is quite nice and i dont think will spoil the game at all just give that nugde if you manage to take him on, killed my leven 17 character with full adamantium armor and adamtium shield (80pts worth of armor) in one hit (145pts of health taken away in one swing) so he has got some nice potential smile.gif, and yes attack the merchant and the guard will atack

after the guild market in balmora, there will be a peoples market and a house market, each one having its own buying theme...

a trend will follow threw the markets in design and also in what you can buy...

i hope to get the basic infastructure done in this coming week, each market place about 1-2days to complete, because once one is done i can do each place in a little under a hour, making it detailed but not overdone is what takes the longest...

ideas on where and what to include in the markets would be great, remember 3+markets per town, and at least 6 towns will be modded, so have your choices expanded and not in one clump...building could be added, houses probably not, for there are lots of nice ones, one to be added with mine will be the knights house mod because it goes good with this my mod imo....

once we or i etc, have the idea of markets and placement, so it doesnt interfer with other 'popular' mods will be nice as taking time to find the mods see what they add etc takes time....

main towns to be modded no matter what are Balmora, Ebonheart, Caldera(so small with so much potential), GhostGate(the high end market called 'Hells Door'), Dragon Fel, maybe a vivec one to accompany the arrowseller mod....to be considered sadrith mora and others if time permits etc...

scripting is at basic level with visual basic background for me personally so learning that wont be to hard, missions? have to deffinately look at that...

if i dont reply alot dont kill me im spending time modding smile.gif, but i will try to reply once a day or when relevant info needs to be said...

thanx again for your guys time and interest in making a decent vvanderfell mod wink.gif or at least one that wont kill the game and gives a little life to the place

as for a name for this community mod, have no idea you can also sprout ideas out for that as well...a picture of this market i have done will be released in a day smile.gif remember nothing fancy, needs to look like a mod that should have came packed with the original disc and developers so nothing overdone smile.gif

daedelus7183

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2005, 09:11:00 PM »

If you need any testers, let us know.

elitewolverine

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2005, 09:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(daedelus7183 @ Aug 12 2005, 10:15 PM)
If you need any testers, let us know.

actually that wouldnt be too bad, when i am 'done' with the markets in balmora,  i will give a beta tester esp file out there, just to try it out and make CC as always...probably give a tester after each town so that i can make sure there is no bugs etc in the town before i go onto the next one kinda of thing...

maybe i might make a generic mission for a test mission, something like take a pot to another market in town, or even a kill npc mission like a bandit etc...who know just a thought to throw around :), even though missions is not this mods focus one or two might not be bad....right now studying the topics and mission tuts...

see now this is what im talking about people helping in a mod, just not downloading one, and one made for pc in mind...

also all my testing is done on the xbox....even though im building off the pc, once i 'save' the mod it gets immediately transfered to xbox to make sure little details dont crash the box and so far it runs smooth even the fps are smooth while staring at the flame in the markets furnice :) or at least no big hit imo

daedelus7183

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2005, 09:39:00 PM »

Come to think of it, do you want a subdomain off of my site? The address is in an earlier post form today, and it IS up now. Let me know.

elitewolverine

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2005, 11:13:00 PM »

sure that sounds good what is your link etc....that would be nice for this is a very open forum kinda of thing, not that i dont mind but its nicer to have a more topic orientated site etc...

also think im happy with the first of the balmora markets, just added the second trader to it (a alchemy type person) and it looks quite nice not large or overdone...

oh yea on top of this, im running about 15+mods with my xbox, the one that is testing my mod, so 'compatibility' wont be to much of a issue...etc...

now just two more markets in balmora and off to ebonheart i think, or caldera which ever one sparks yours or my interests next...

but for those that want the esp file (no other file is needed for mod to work :) ) i will be happy for them to give it a test run, i havnt tried to nail any bugs if any in the market, so for now its bug free from what i can tell....

anyone got good links for dialog and mission tuts?

elitewolverine

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2005, 02:40:00 AM »

picture anyone? this is the first market, located in the guild square of balmora...

moving on to the other markets in town but C&C are greatly welcome

and if you want some more shots ask and ill see what i can do...

http://img296.ima             geshack.us/          img296/5603/firstlook2xq.jpg

h  ttp://img293.imagesh  ack.us/img293/6324/firstlook  19dp.jpg

just fill in the spaces  wink.gif

metalmulisha247

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2005, 12:59:00 PM »

can u make weapons and armor????
and if anybodycan help me with my FTP prob go FTPing Is A bitch 2 me

daedelus7183

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2005, 05:03:00 PM »

Looks Awesome, dude! When do we get a beta?  biggrin.gif

elitewolverine

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2005, 07:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(metalmulisha247 @ Aug 14 2005, 02:10 PM)
can u make weapons and armor????
and if anybodycan help me with my FTP prob go FTPing Is A bitch 2 me

:) depends kinda, right now my 3dmodeling program blender3d, doesnt export to the format .NIF, if anybody knows where i can get a free one, then yes i can, or at least try....With Blender3d i have modeled a 320,000 polygon model of a mechwarrior or battletech for the techheads...

as for the other guy beta? well when im done with balmora ill release a balmora beta...right now there is a script im trying to get to work :), what that script does? well for all those bug testers and curious folk, who touch everything in a new mod to find flaws etc...youll find it :), just a little something, nothing to special but something to make it fun imo...

almost done with the second balmora market on the east side, ill release a picture when its done, then one more and ill release a beta...

sucks that balmora is taking abit longer than thought, but thats mainly because my wife is on to going into labor real soon, so i can only spend 2-3hrs a night, including bug testing and cleaning, i run a bug test every 20mins or so just to make sure of things...so far so good.

i have decided next to mod Ebonheart, once balmora is done...

also for the beta, the shops arent fully loaded, so plz add comment on what to put into the traders to sell...nothing huge for balmora, because you got 4 towns to spread out the armor requests, but i will add just enough kinda of thing...right now i really like some of the mods in the knights of tamirel mods, and will be asking to use their armor in my mods...anyone want a peek at them can go here
http://www.geocities.com/jw_mcguinn/armory.html

see which ones you like, if you like them all, ill try to request them to be put in there...most of their mods also have quests, if not all, and if you want those to that is fine...although major bug testing for the mods for xbox will be needed i know the armor for kynareth freezes the box in one of the rooms during the quest, i modded it to work with the box by deleting the room or just by pasing it, so feel free to ask :)

daedelus7183

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2005, 07:19:00 PM »

Here's a couple of ideas for you:

Sniper Crossbow: Powerful (60 damage) but balanced with a slooooow reload time (0.5 would work I think), and a 25,000 gold pricetag. Also, should enchant with a bonus to marksman to simulate a medival scope or something. I'd do it myself, but I suck at that.

Yeah, that's about as creative as I'm gonna get right now.
Pages: [1] 2