xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Morrowind Pc Mods  (Read 200 times)

grifter66

• Archived User
Morrowind Pc Mods
« on: March 21, 2005, 08:04:00 PM »

Ok anyone who is interested I have gotten all the following mods/plugins
to work on the X-Box. I had about 700+ more that I downloaded and
was going to test out. I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing and I
accidentlly deleted them all. So now I have to download them all again.
But for now I did manage to not delete these ones I have posted below.

For the record I'm letting people know, that, I myself haven't had a problem with textures at all as of yet. But if I do I'll let people know

A Good Cottage
Alchemy Workroom
Assassins Arrow And Poison
Balmora Abode
Balmora Castle
Balmora Corner House
Balmora Extras
Balmora Fortress
Balmora Home
Balmora Hovel
Balmora Mages Guild Storage
Balmora Manor
Balmora Market
Balmora Market Stall
Balmora Market Stalls
Balmora Mini Keep
Balmora Modification
Balmora Stock Exchange
Balmora Stronghold
Balmora Travel Guides
Balmora University
Balmora Waterfall
Clean Balmora Mansion
Feet Of Aeolus
Jolard House
KMF Castle
Vampire Clan Door Warp
Your Balmora Residence
Zarius Home

Rich Creeper
Rich Scamp
Rich Scamp 1
Shadows Childhood Home
The Bunker

Robe of Divine Lifeforce

Ring (ClearBounty)
Ring (Instant Hero)
Seyda Neen Expanded 01
Icarian Flight Spells
Trinket Shop

Vivec Reaver 2
Vivec Restucture
Vivec Treehouse
Vivics Secret Book

BetterBodies
Breton Female Nude
Giants (Dragon version)
Jimmys Paper Edit

the plug in/mod Some mods it needs to be a .esm and others need it to be a .esp in order for the mod to work (At least that's the way it is on my system anyway)
ANyhow if your interested in any or all of these mods, I can get them to you
Via e-mail. So either PM me e-mail with what you want and your e-mail address
and I'll get them to you. Also Keep in mind that a chunk of these didn't have
Readmes with them or the mod was labled wrong. So I had to re-edit the wrong ones and Add in a readme to the ones that didn't have one.

ph34r.gif Also For those of you still having trouble getting a hex edited or merged file working. I have the exact instructions and way to fix the Problem. But due to legal reasons I can't talk about it or share the instructions with anyone out in the open you are going to have to PM me to get this information. ph34r.gif

Hope to hear from people soon! cool.gif

djdeacon

• Archived User
Morrowind Pc Mods
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 12:24:00 AM »

thanks for the post....

what mods have you had not work?

what methods did you use? <

grifter66

• Archived User
Morrowind Pc Mods
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 02:35:00 AM »

I have only used one method:
I have my .xbe hex edited

I also loaded and used one mod at a time, so I have no idea if any of the mods listed above, are either going to clash, or not work, if you use them with any others.

blink.gif  uhh.gif I also want to clairfy something about mods not working:
People keeps saying what mods aren't working and I really think this needs to be corrected. It's not the mod itself that's preventing it from working on the x-box, But more so THE TYPE OF MOD THAT DOESN'T WORK.  uhh.gif  blink.gif

Below are 6 examples of what I'm talking about

Type 1. Any mod that requires you to add it to the game via the keyboard.

Type 2. Any mod that requires 2 or more parts to run and not being able to find the other 1 or 2 parts due to it being somewhere else or you need to join a site with money, or anything else along those lines

Type 3. Any mod that uses more ram than neccessary, These include but are not limited to: High textured mods with highly enhanced graphics or dialog
Mods that are heavily scripted (Not sure what exactly what the limit is on this one)

Type 4. Any Mod that requires you to be in a certain level placement, rank, or part of a specific faction that you have already advanced in, or being in the wrong faction, rank, or level placement due to it already having paced the requirement stage

Type 5. Any mod that requires you to start a new game with a certain race.

Type 6. Any mod that has no readme and leaves you guessing on what to do and where it is.

love.gif For the record I myself have never encountered as of yet:
A DDE or game freeze due to there being a texture or graphic problem or anything else like that. love.gif

Well there is my rundown. I hope it answered your question and helped out anyone else who may be reading this.

If you have any further questions for me, either check back in here or if you don't see me in here then PM and I'll help any way I can. My offer still stands that If anyone wants any of the mods I'm posting then let me know and I'll e-mail them to you. Yes I'm going to need your e-mail address for this. So PM me with it.

I will be upgrading the working mod list and when I do I'll combine it with this one and make new topic with the extended list in it.

But for now have fun with this

uhh.gif One last thing I want to add in here is this (This is a rhetorical question):
I can't figure this one out why people are so concerned with what mods don't work rather than concentrate on all the mods that do work.  uhh.gif

Well anyway have fun and let me know if you need anything

Regards,
grifter66
beerchug.gif

dry.gif P.S. Why are there so many mods for balmora (Not that's a bad thing) it just seems wierd to read about the modders who don't want to make the game un-balanced, but then most of the mods wind up in Balmora.  dry.gif

cool.gif ph34r.gif I think I can get the Master Index Quest to work because it's the same type of set up as the Dragons mod I got working..So we shall see ph34r.gif  cool.gif

pferris

• Archived User

little boy baka

• Archived User
Morrowind Pc Mods
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 05:28:00 AM »

I wonder if any landmasses can be added to Xbox whatsoever.
I might try later. <

little boy baka

• Archived User
Morrowind Pc Mods
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 07:29:00 AM »

OK. My apologies for double posting, but I just wanted to list the mods I have gotten to work:

LBB's Working Mod List

Morrowind Comes Alive
Yes, I have gotten it to work. What I did is convert the esm to esp. Also, I don't know if this changes anything, but my Xbox .esm file is a merged one created by the merging method.
Better Bodies
Any method.
Cutthroat Partners Works with merging method.

Will update as I progress. <

grifter66

• Archived User
Morrowind Pc Mods
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 10:40:00 AM »

I'll clear this up for you right now.
World effects such as
sounds
land masses
High textures
And anything like companions

It seems when any of the above is done with the hex edited file they don't work, however they con't stop the gam from loading and giving you DDE or freezes the game.
But it seems like all thse effects work when the merged file method is used.

So from the looks of it, logic would suggest that by using both file types at once and then your system will be able to play anything.

Now I don't know how true this is or if anyone has already tried this. But If this hasn't been attempted yet then I think it's something that should be looked into.

Has anyone attempted this yet the reason I ask is because no one has posted anything about that that I've seen.

What are others thoughts on this?

This post has been edited by grifter66: Mar 23 2005, 06:43 PM <

little boy baka

• Archived User
Morrowind Pc Mods
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2005, 10:48:00 AM »

The thing is, the NPC-heavy Morrowind Comes Alive works using the hex method. But I guess you're talking generally. Have you tried any sounds yet? I notice that you've gotten alot of the house mods working too o.o;

Another question: If something has a large file size, ie. a pack with many many different faces for NPCs, will that be bad for the XBOX? Faces work on the Xbox anyway, I was just wondering if I large amount would harm it.

This post has been edited by little boy baka: Mar 23 2005, 06:50 PM <

grifter66

• Archived User
Morrowind Pc Mods
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2005, 02:54:00 AM »

Your really new at this aren't you (Not just to modding, but to the whole modded x-box thing in general)?

Unless there is something in a file or a file itself would purge your sytem or you start messing around with stuff in the file explorers that could kill your x-box.
Then nothing is really bad (per say) because following regular procedure then the worst that will happen to your x-box is that the game won't work. So all you would need to do is get access to the game directory again and either delete the file(S) or delete the game and re-install it again. <

Stoned Ferret

• Archived User
Morrowind Pc Mods
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2005, 04:53:00 PM »

Are you able to speak to Yagrum while any mods are enabled? If so, what method are you using to install the plugins? <