xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To Make New Maps For Halo (xbox)  (Read 141 times)

Sephi

• Archived User
How To Make New Maps For Halo (xbox)
« on: December 24, 2004, 02:35:00 PM »

Well I tried to create my own level in Halo (xbox) with 3ds Max, I exported the map as a .jms I did everything you would normally do to create a level for Halo ce. Then I opened the .map of the map i created,I also created the same level as a scenery,  I got the level as a scenery piece in Bloodgulch but theres no collision I can see the level but i just go threw it.

Well im not sure if I did it right but does anyone know where i can get some more info on how to create your own maps for halo (xbox) or if anyone knows how to, please reply to my thread. <

WBAGAM

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 11:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(Sephi @ Dec 24 2004, 01:55 PM)
Well I tried to create my own level in Halo (xbox) with 3ds Max, I exported the map as a .jms I did everything you would normally do to create a level for Halo ce. Then I opened the .map of the map i created,I also created the same level as a scenery,  I got the level as a scenery piece in Bloodgulch but theres no collision I can see the level but i just go threw it.

Well im not sure if I did it right but does anyone know where i can get some more info on how to create your own maps for halo (xbox) or if anyone knows how to, please reply to my thread.

I dont even thionk you can without a lot of serious converting

correct me if Im wrong <

Sephi

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 04:59:00 PM »

Well I did get the Model of the level right, but the only thing that was'ent working was the collision geometry, if I can get that fixed that ill be converting no problem.

Well the only way I know on how to convert a new level is by creating it with HaloCe, then using HHT5 to open the map and recrusive save the Secnery you created with Haloce and injecting it into a XBox map and you get the picture but when i get to the collision model its too big to replace it with anything i tried swapping it maybe that was the problem but its too big even for the BSP of the level.

P.s. I missed out on alot of details so don't take this as a tutorial. :huh: <

runawaywarthog

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2005, 01:02:00 PM »

talk to the guy who imported fissure falls. I know it took him forever to get that working, so unless you have alot of time on your hands id stay off of it. although i thought he said he was making a program to do it easily, but i think he stopped on it. Dunno. dont make a rumor that he is lol <

Sephi

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005, 06:37:00 PM »

Cool thanks for replying i tought this post was dead. Well ill talk to the guy see if I get any good information about this, thanks again! <

DonaldMCRonald87

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 03:02:00 PM »

sephi, send me an im on aim, i can fix your coll for you, its a quite complicated process, but if you send me the stuff you recursively extracted from the CE map, i will fix it and send it right back to you, coll will be working too :)

Aim = DonaldMCRonald87 <

Sephi

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 02:43:00 AM »

ok thanks fo rthe reply but right now i have to create a new map becuase i losst my previews one ill get back to you tough. thanks again! <