xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Lite-on 93450c 20hrs Straight! No Success  (Read 307 times)

Zoneout

• Archived User
Lite-on 93450c 20hrs Straight! No Success
« on: December 27, 2009, 05:12:00 AM »

Provide photos of your drive, so we can determine if it's still fixable.

Cheers!

- Zoneout

saleem_hacks_360s

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 05:23:00 AM »

interesting read,

blink.gif  

syntaxerror329

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 08:04:00 AM »

If i was fixing it i would treat it like a missing pin wii. See the tutorial on it here

http://www.console24...in_recovery.php

You might just want to pm me and send it off for repair.

royal88

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 10:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(Hellsgremlin @ Dec 27 2009, 11:52 AM) View Post

...however i saved my warrenty sticker so i think im going to extange it for another box and get a fresh start....

Am I understanding you correctly?  You are given sage advice from an upstanding and valuable member of X-S only to turn around and imply committing fraud?  ...oh and you mod consoles as a business?

Classy!  rolleyes.gif

Toddler

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 01:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hellsgremlin @ Dec 27 2009, 02:53 AM) View Post

Now its time to soilder the wires ( i have high end soildering equipment, steady hands, incredable skill with a soildering iorn...i explained this so i dont get 20 people calling me an idiot for trying this method w/o the skills nessary...i am extreemly capable of this project) so i soildered a wire to pin 100 (on the chip) Unfortiantly I made a costly mistake By Not Spreading the pins apart far enough and having a Little too much soilder on the iorn tip..... I bridged 101 and 100 by mistake

Immediatly i realize the mistake and begin attempt to seperate the pins using the Hot soildering iorn....OHHH NOOO....The pin Broke From the chip.....

There's so much irony in that section of your story, I had to laugh.  Glad you got it working again.

QUOTE(Hellsgremlin @ Dec 27 2009, 10:52 AM) View Post

got everything in full working order again...however i saved my warrenty sticker so i think im going to extange it for another box and get a fresh start....

Not glad that you're a douchebag.  I've been the victim of warranty fraud, bought a new 360 Arcade at Walmart only to get it home and discover someone had swapped the stickers from the back of the shell and left me with a banned 360 Pro.  Fortunately for me, Walmart made it right, but I have no sympathy for assholes like you.

Hellsgremlin

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 07:51:00 PM »

After consideration I decided Not To trade The consol In since it is Indeed Fraud & Not worth the risk & Just moraly Wrong. IHave No reason to do so.  I Repaired & dumped the drive and replaced it with a ben-Q spoofed Ixtreem 1.61.....

Also note:  Altho It Is Wrong to Commit Fraud in any shape or Form.
Dont you think walmart is to blame for selling you the returned product without testing it?
No returned product should ever be put back on the shelfs for resale w/o testing it.  I have a friend that manages a local walmart and says that product should have never been resold. the company simply reports the damaged products to the distriuting company ( in this case microsoft) on the next order any losses are simply replaced and walmart dumpsters the returned product in most cases...

Im a bit confused why it is an issue that i run a buisness moding consols on the side?
Is this illegal to discuss here? ( I think theres even a whole thread for professional modders for people who just wanna ship out and pay to have there consols modded) So why is it so bad that any individual would user there Hobby (aka Modding) to make a few extra bucks? Have you not ever charged anyone for a mod? or made some kind of Cash off you knowlage?  hard to belive you havent, I wouldnt be suprized if 90% of the Scene does the same.....

I was Wrong.  I admit and Apoligize. No Fraud Was Nor Will be Commited in any way shape or form!

Takashi

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 07:52:00 PM »

Should've used 1.41 non stealth rev 2, now it'll be flagged in seconds.

As far as the "modding biz" thing, i think they were mainly pointing out
that seemingly, you may lack skill, and they wouldn't bring their xbox to you.
dunno

royal88

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 08:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(Takashi @ Dec 27 2009, 09:52 PM) View Post

dunno

This.

Hellsgremlin

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2009, 08:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(Takashi @ Dec 27 2009, 09:52 PM) View Post

Should've used 1.41 non stealth rev 2, now it'll be flagged in seconds.

dunno

Not sure how i lack skill....ive modded over 200 xboxes EASY. Only 1 Brick created....My Old Hitachi 79fl bricked on me....Fortunaty i had saved the key anyway (so technicalyonly bricked the drive)  Oddly I havent seen the 93450c yet nor have i gotten a 83450c that i couldnt Dump using the old method prehaps ive just been lucky, altho even if an individual did come to me with a new drive i wouldnt have done it anyway since there is no Official firmware release for it yet.....

This drive was my first attempt and didnt work by following the instructions provided.  Honestly this is a smiple task however i had a drive that wouldnt co-operate.

Also to get back on Subject, After i repaired the Pins i went back to the Boxdr Method. I tryed reducing the ohm resistors to no prevail next began to increese....I succeded at 26Ohm. That didnt make sense to me However thats what worked....when i used a 26ohm resistor (red,Blue,Black,Gold) I got status 0x72 instead of 0x51 or 0x52..... Anyone Know What the cause of this could be? Why does My Drive seem to require different resistance than others? Could this be somthing different with the 93450c-2 version? or could it simply be a fluke?

syntaxerror329

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2009, 08:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hellsgremlin @ Dec 27 2009, 10:17 PM) View Post

Why does My Drive seem to require different resistance than others? Could this be somthing different with the 93450c-2 version? or could it simply be a fluke?

All lite-on hardware is the same so it should not have anything to do with the version.

Hellsgremlin

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2009, 08:41:00 PM »

Gotta Love The Scene......Somone Makes a Mistake and asks for advice.....Suddenly they lack skill and are incompetent.......

Im assuming this is because i admitted i cut pin 100 101 and 102, Instead of just 101 and 122....

Honestly Im a bit dissapointed and a discouraged from posting here, No matter what an individual says there is always 1 or 2 assholes who feel the need to jump in and bash others, LoL Just read thru any 20 post...i bet about 15 of them have atleast one individual being a smartass.

Anway All my customers are Provided with quality service and Never Once Had A Single Complaint.... I know for a fact Im more skilled than Most. I even have People drop there primary modder simply because i know what im talking about.  

None The Less Suddenly I lack skill. Thanks for telling me....guess ill close up shop!

Anyone who wants to post to talk shit or bash me Feel Free, Have fun....when ur done go fuck urself!

Anway thanks to those who helped and posted the information i needed to repair the pins...

QUOTE(syntaxerror329 @ Dec 27 2009, 10:22 PM) View Post

All lite-on hardware is the same so it should not have anything to do with the version.

Just Dumped My second 93450c -2 Same Scenario....22ohms didnt do the trick 26ohms Succeded.....Should i make a seperate post Reguarding This? maybe this may be of help to others or do u think it would be a waist of time?

syntaxerror329

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 08:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hellsgremlin @ Dec 27 2009, 10:41 PM) View Post

Should i make a seperate post Reguarding This? maybe this may be of help to others or do u think it would be a waist of time?

I have seen a post on here already stating to try 16,18,20,22,24,26. Perhaps you could add a post in my thread mentioning that 26ohm did the trick for you.

I think if we simply connected a volt meter we could tell if the voltage is being pulled down enough or too much and then figure out how to adjust from there but it is always working for me so i have not bothered to do the research.

Don't let a few negative posts get you all down on the scene. Just ignore and move on.

mepsipax

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2009, 03:35:00 AM »

I think you are all being a bit too tough on Hellsgremlin, after all, he admitted how tired he was and made a mistake - something we have all done surely?

Anyway, he seems more than capable, and I for one would be happy for him to 'fix' my 360 as he sounds as if he knows what he is talking about.

People can be harsh on here  sad.gif

Tron[ADS]

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2009, 09:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(mepsipax @ Dec 31 2009, 12:35 PM) View Post

I think you are all being a bit too tough on Hellsgremlin

Possibly, but when you see self loving comments like how he has "incredable skill", "Im The Proffesional In my Area" and "I know for a fact Im more skilled than Most".... you have to say he was asking for people to take the attitude they did with him.

Hellsgremlin

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 12:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(mepsipax @ Dec 31 2009, 05:35 AM) View Post

I think you are all being a bit too tough on Hellsgremlin, after all, he admitted how tired he was and made a mistake - something we have all done surely?
Anyway, he seems more than capable, and I for one would be happy for him to 'fix' my 360 as he sounds as if he knows what he is talking about.

People can be harsh on here  sad.gif

Thing Is if you read i explaind i was saying those things were said not to boast or brag but ti make it known im knowlagble enough to pull this job off... Befor posting i had a slightly different idea on a repair however was curious for a easyer way & if Any further danaged would have been dont by powering it on w/o those pins. "if it was worth repairing the pins"....No such luck.. altho given my paticular tool set i had to modify the method a bit.

Now everyone I appriciate the Support with Comments about being harsh but this is kind of a dead topic My integrity is not the issue at hand here.

Its like beating a dead dog,, lets try n keep it somewhat useful