xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: Team Jungle Tweets About The iXtreme LT Firmware  (Read 7477 times)

MickRick

• Archived User
Team Jungle Tweets About The iXtreme LT Firmware
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2009, 02:44:00 PM »

And for the Hitachi as well! Respec'  biggrin.gif

xbox360sexual

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2009, 02:46:00 PM »

They're removing all checks / patches that aren't in original f/w, so the splitvid "patch" is being removed and as such, you'll need to make sure your backups have valid splitvid before burning. The f/w will still play a non-splitvid DVD-DL, but it's something MS can see also.

This post has been edited by xbox360sexual: Nov 23 2009, 10:46 PM

dcemuser

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2009, 02:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(pinkerton @ Nov 23 2009, 10:39 PM) *

"Note: backups need to have SplitVid from now on to be safe for LT"
So does this mean ixtreme didnt spoof splitvid as it should? Or LT doesnt spoof at all, so it requires splitvid?

From ABGX360:
"If you put an Xbox 360 disc in a normal DVD video player you will see a screen that says, "To play this disc, put it in an Xbox 360 console." This happens because there's a DVD video partition on the disc which is split over both layers on original discs. On normal backups the video partition is all on layer 0, and hacked firmwares are supposed to redirect reads to the layer 1 video back to layer 0. However, it was discovered that some hacked firmware versions prior to the release of iXtreme were not doing this properly, and if the Xbox 360 host tried to read the entire video partition, the second part of it would be blank because the firmware started reading from layer 1 instead of continuing to read from layer 0 like it was supposed to. One solution to this problem was called SplitVid, and it works by appending the layer 1 video to the end of an iso (padded up to the proper position based on PFI) so that when these buggy firmwares start reading from layer 1 they will actually read the layer 1 video instead of blank data. The better solution is to simply upgrade your firmware to the latest iXtreme version because these old firmwares have even more security holes, even if you have a perfectly stealthed disc. iXtreme versions prior to v1.4 also have a bug in disc jitter (see 'Is there such a thing as a "bad kreon rip"?' for more on this). If you still want to add SplitVid (or even if you want to remove it) you can select your preference in the Misc tab.  The default behavior is to not check for it and just leave it the way it is, because if you're using iXtreme firmware it doesn't matter if a backup has SplitVid or not; data past the game partition will not be readable by the Xbox 360 host."

Basically, iXtreme didn't read the SplitVid at all and most backups didn't have SplitVid.

WBones

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2009, 02:48:00 PM »

I'm guessing splitvid isnt something that ABGX checks for?

I have 2 backups that I made some time ago that both verify in ABGX but I'm not sure if they have proper split-vid... is there any way to tell?

widow maker

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2009, 02:48:00 PM »

why does he need a new firmware?  after my 3 xboxs got banned he said the firmware wasnt being detected

K1LLERHORNET

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2009, 02:50:00 PM »

Good news.

Sadly i have the new Liteon drive (93450C) - currently unhackable.

But I think i'm gonna stop with the CFW for a while - maybe indefinitely.
I'm a bit too tired of the cat & mouse game with MS & constantly worrying if i'm gonna get banned from Live coz my disc isn't stealthed properly.

Just gonna rent games for the foreseeable future - 3 month Lovefilm trials are great (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

^ Of-course all that will probably change once someone figures how to mod the 93450C drive (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

QUOTE(widow maker @ Nov 23 2009, 09:48 PM) *

why does he need a new firmware?  after my 3 xboxs got banned he said the firmware wasnt being detected

Be grateful that you atleast have a way to play backups.

If you don't wanna be banned, DON'T FLASH YOUR XBOX 360!
Simple.

This post has been edited by K1LLERHORNET: Nov 23 2009, 10:57 PM

ccfman2004

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2009, 02:53:00 PM »

Glad I've been doing nothing but SplitVid.  No reburning or reripping for me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by ccfman2004: Nov 23 2009, 10:53 PM

xbox360sexual

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2009, 02:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(WBones @ Nov 23 2009, 09:48 PM) View Post

I'm guessing splitvid isnt something that ABGX checks for?

I have 2 backups that I made some time ago that both verify in ABGX but I'm not sure if they have proper split-vid... is there any way to tell?

Go to the misc tab and select : "add it if it doesn't exist or isn't valid"

Be sure to go to File -> Save Settings -> Default, too

pinkerton

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2009, 02:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(dcemuser @ Nov 23 2009, 09:48 PM) View Post

Basically, iXtreme didn't read the SplitVid at all and most backups didn't have SplitVid.

So what I wanna know is, is having no splitvid the main cause of the bans? Maybe we will never know.

Ree1981

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2009, 02:55:00 PM »

Ugh, that's a hard task (actually). Re-burning all your old games that doesn't have that split-vid thing. The scene will become a mess if that's true, since all the old games will probably have to be re-released.

So yeah, I'm opting for going original as well. I used to play copies not to earn money, but to make sure a game is good before buying it, since my taste is very limited. But I guess demos, forum impressions, trailers, gameplay videos, written and video reviews will have to do. wink.gif

K1LLERHORNET

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2009, 02:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(pinkerton @ Nov 23 2009, 09:53 PM) View Post

So what I wanna know is, is having no splitvid the main cause of the bans? Maybe we will never know.

Every single one of my games had SplitVid, still got banned.
So that's not the (only) thing MS are looking at.

gamesquest1

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2009, 02:58:00 PM »

yeah glad they cleared up the fact people where running around saying it was lite-on only tongue.gif i mean why would they make a lite-on only solution, well its good to hear that its all shaping up good, i only played 2 games on my current 360...havnt been on live since ban wave started but fingers crossed i escaped...kinda think it will be my time i had my original 360 from launch and it survived every ban wave thrown at it biggrin.gif didnt survive a wave off coffee getting spilt in it though  jester.gif  ohhh funny times damn girlfriends huh always spilling stuff, expecting my laptop to go next but its already survived 3 drinks falling in it whilst it was on so  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  still alive, cant wait for the new fw even if microsoft can detect it im sure there 360 sales have had the needed xmas sales "boost" from all us unwelcome people haha see you all on live soon tongue.gif

xbox360sexual

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2009, 02:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(pinkerton @ Nov 23 2009, 09:53 PM) View Post

No, because iXtreme patched "splitvid" data as such so when data was requested iX redirected the laser to the first layer where the vid partition is on backups without splitvid.

These fancy checks / patches are being removed, so the onus is on you, the user, to make sure your backups are as close to an original game as possible.

Ree1981

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2009, 03:00:00 PM »

I've read of numerous accounts where they just went online with the Xbox and got banned immediately, so it's definitely the firmware.. or rather how it acts, as C4Eva put it. So basically they have to take out all the luxury stuff and go back to basics. It's almost literally like going back to Xtreme.

K1LLERHORNET

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2009, 03:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(xbox360sexual @ Nov 23 2009, 09:58 PM) View Post

These fancy checks / patches are being removed, so the onus is on you, the user, to make sure your backups are as close to an original game as possible.

The way it should be smile.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27