xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Scared Of Update  (Read 178 times)

RazorRamon14

• Archived User
Scared Of Update
« on: April 12, 2013, 04:53:00 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, I figured general would be most appropriate section. Anyways here is my dilemma. I have an xbox 360 that I got soft modded in Dec 2009. Oct 2011 was last time I got the firmware updated.

My friend backed up some games for me.

Goldeneye 007
NHL 13
Dance Central 3
WWE 13

NHL 13 and Dance Central 3 back up copies work great no problems.

Goldeneye 007 and WWE 13 back up copies I can't play at all. When I place the games in the 360 I can see the games picture....it says “Play WWE '13” ...it recognizes it’s in the console but when I go to play it…it won't play…. it says :
" Unsupported Disc. This disc is not supported"

all the back up games are used with same dvd disc brand….all dvds are same brand, no scratches, no finger prints on discs, nothing.

I have an original copy of WWE ‘13 but when I place that in the 360 it says an update from the disc is required before I can play. My question is can I apply the update from the original disc without having to worry about unmodding my 360? I don't care about being banned from live. I just don't want to undo my mod.
Should I update from my original WWE 13 disc or no?

Thanks for any help you can give   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by RazorRamon14: Apr 12 2013, 11:54 PM

wilgo45

• Archived User
Scared Of Update
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 06:19:00 PM »

So by soft mod  .... you mean a flashed dvd drive ?

What Dashboard version is your console on ?

You're probably gonna want to revert the drive back to stock.  Update the system.  Then Flash back to Custom firmware.

If you can't do this.  You'll need to find someone who can and is trusted.

RazorRamon14

• Archived User
Scared Of Update
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 12:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(wilgo45 @ Apr 13 2013, 01:19 AM) *

So by soft mod  .... you mean a flashed dvd drive ?

What Dashboard version is your console on ?

You're probably gonna want to revert the drive back to stock.  Update the system.  Then Flash back to Custom firmware.

If you can't do this.  You'll need to find someone who can and is trusted.

Yes Flashed DVD Drive...

I didn't flash it, an old friend did it for me. I believe I am on LT 2.01

No I can't do it...and I don't know anyone who can..my friend moved away...is it easy to do? Can a n00b such as myself learn how to flash it quite easily??

This post has been edited by RazorRamon14: Apr 13 2013, 07:56 AM

wilgo45

• Archived User
Scared Of Update
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 11:29:00 AM »

OK  ... if you have LT 2.01  - then you have a Samsung drive.

And Samsung either equals Xenon or Zephyr 360.

Samsungs and BenQs are the easiest drives to work with.  But you do need to know what you are doing.  There are tutorials out there.  Team Xecuter is the best site to go for reliability in tutorials.

If you are pretty decent with computers - try it.  If not - then don't.

I do run a repair and mild mod service on the side.  I could help you.  But you'd have to ship things to me.  I am in the Central Midwest.  PM me if you want.  I have customer comments that can be read here at this forum site.

What Dashboard version is your console on ?  Look in your setting systems.

Almost betting your Dash is 2.0.13599

RazorRamon14

• Archived User
Scared Of Update
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 12:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(wilgo45 @ Apr 13 2013, 06:29 PM) View Post

OK  ... if you have LT 2.01  - then you have a Samsung drive.

And Samsung either equals Xenon or Zephyr 360.

Samsungs and BenQs are the easiest drives to work with.  But you do need to know what you are doing.  There are tutorials out there.  Team Xecuter is the best site to go for reliability in tutorials.

If you are pretty decent with computers - try it.  If not - then don't.

I do run a repair and mild mod service on the side.  I could help you.  But you'd have to ship things to me.  I am in the Central Midwest.  PM me if you want.  I have customer comments that can be read here at this forum site.

What Dashboard version is your console on ?  Look in your setting systems.

Almost betting your Dash is 2.0.13599

My dvd drive is BenQ

I tried to Google tutorials and YouTube it ...its way too technical for me and I don't have the right tools.

my dashboard is 2.0.15574.0

wilgo45

• Archived User
Scared Of Update
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 09:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(RazorRamon14 @ Apr 13 2013, 01:50 PM) View Post

My dvd drive is BenQ

I tried to Google tutorials and YouTube it ...its way too technical for me and I don't have the right tools.

my dashboard is 2.0.15574.0

OK - that's odd.  LT 2.01 usually points towards Samsung custom firmware.

BenQ's had a LT 2.0 and now have 3.0.  Your drive does probably need newer CF for new games.

With Dash 15774 you might be able to update to 16203 - with potentially no serious problems.
But that is not the best advice to give you.  That could put a flag in the system

The best advice is: revert drive to stock, update console, - then update CF on drive.

If you want my direct help; I am available.  

There are probably people in your home city that can do it.  Craigslist will probably have listings.  But not everyone on Craigslist is reliable or skillful