xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Doa - Xtreme Beach Volleyball  (Read 166 times)

Shroom

• Archived User
Doa - Xtreme Beach Volleyball
« on: May 24, 2004, 03:17:00 PM »

Im trying to hack this game (this is the first time I have tried to hack or edit a game in anyway)

I got this file from the "Usual Places" and all it tells me in the readme is:

This is the idiot guide to all the patches available as not described in the other Downloads...

Run the Patch.default.ppf to the default.xbe file
(patch includes Nude Hack Mod (allows new textures to be inserted) / Money Hack / Everything $1 hack

Then Run the Patch.datadvd.ppf to the datadvd.afs file.
This will insert the nude textures for all ur characters...
This is the file as outlined on xbox-saves.com
(DOAXBV - PPF textures patch DOZI/MIRAGE/VERSAPACK
ยป 100% nude textures complete with assholes, NO TANLINES!)

Please note that if U do not run the first patch on the default.xbe file that the nude texture patch will freeze up the game either right @ the begining or right after you select a character.

Hopefully this clears up everyones issue's much like I had with the screen freezing.

Take Care
ThE DeViLs AdVoCaTe

I don't understand how to run the patch... do I do it while the files are on the xbox or while there on the pc? Im sure I could find this on my own if the search function would be enabled  <_<

Thanks in advance for any help  B)

Shroom

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 03:59:00 PM »

Ok I found this site:

http://forums.ninjahacker.net/index.php?showtopic=530

And this person is trying to do the same thing, and someone says to goto http://www.paradogs.com/pdx_ppf3.htm

Well this looks like the patch is for PS2 game not XBOX, And I got the patch in the "usual places" under /xbox/gamehacks/DOAX_VOLLEYBALL_NUDE_HACK/

BTW the file name is: DeViLs AdVoCaTe Idiot Guide.rar

:uhh:  :uhh:  :uhh:  :uhh:  :uhh:  :uhh:

angelfly

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 04:02:00 PM »

Use it regardless it will work. PPF patches are made for almost all consoles, playstation was just the first to use them since it was created for it.

This post has been edited by angelfly on May 24 2004, 11:03 PM

Shroom

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 04:42:00 PM »

ok cool, But how do I use this PPF-O-MATIC? In the readme for the PATCH it says:

Run the Patch.default.ppf to the default.xbe file

Then Run the Patch.datadvd.ppf to the datadvd.afs file

Well PPF-O-MATIC is asking for a .BIN file :unsure:

Im very confused :(

Maybe this is not the program I should be using?

This post has been edited by Shroom on May 24 2004, 11:44 PM

Shroom

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 03:26:00 PM »

Ok I got it to work!

Tea_Tad

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004, 06:00:00 PM »

i can't find the datadvd.afs file. wheres that?

colt45joe

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2004, 07:28:00 PM »

um..in the dvd of doax...seriously d00d, its right there in with all of the other files on the dvd...

Tea_Tad

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2004, 03:35:00 PM »

Thats just the thing man...They were there but then i deleted all the chache files for halo modding and i think i took something with them. I know i took 1 of the files with them and now i can get it back. I do own the game but i still can't get the dang files back.

d3fault_dot_xbe

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2004, 07:53:00 PM »

they are NOT cache files..... they are in u'r DOAX folder and/or on u'r DOAX dvd..... i don't think u can play the game without that file... (so if doax doesn't work at all... then thats why... :P)

Tea_Tad

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2004, 05:31:00 PM »

thats also it. I don't have a DoaX file or anything! its all very confusing to me. I can't find anything that im suppose to find

I found "datahdd.afs". Is that one of the files needed? I own the actual game...does this make a difference?

This post has been edited by Tea_Tad on May 30 2004, 12:34 AM

cypher35

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2004, 07:20:00 PM »

getting warmer...  just look one or two files above datahdd.afs and you'll find "datadvd.afs" <_<

the game will not run without that file anyway...  try playing the game, and if it doesn't work, maybe i'll believe that the file is missing.

btw, i don't know why everyone seems so attatched to that ppf patch on xbins, but there are many other (read "better") methods to hack doax.  try looking on ninjahacker.net or xbox-saves.com.

this ppf hack will just remove the swimsuits from the game completely which can get boring real fast...  try loading the "modified textures hack" and simply make one or two of the swimsuit textures transparent.  that way they when you want to, you can still have swimsuits for the girls... plus you can do nifty things like this:
(IMG:http://forums.ninjahacker.net/uploads/post-19-1085897362.jpg)
(^created using tools available on ninjahacker.net)

This post has been edited by cypher35 on Jun 3 2004, 02:21 AM

Alcofrolic

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2004, 02:27:00 AM »

i finally managed to get nude girlies on doax las tnight, after looking on ninjakacers site!
awesome, cheers buddy!!!

that site has to be the best site ever for doax hacks!!

zerodark8

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2004, 11:41:00 PM »

i'm also having trouble with the devils patches.  i've read the tuts about patching the default first and  the datadvd second but still can't seem to get it.  i'm less than expirienced in this type of stuff but usually the tuts walk me through.  i've tried to hack this game numerous ways.  the devils folder comes with all these files.  are the files in the devil's folder the ones that need to be patched or can you just simply use the ones off your xbox hdd?  and than to make it all the worse there's another folder inside of the folder with a very small default, another very small datadvd and what appears to be a clone to the default.xbe_orig.  what's up with that stuff.  so far i've back the game up on my pc and just patched the iso.  i've taken the files of my xbox's hdd and patched them.  i haven't patched the files that come in the devil's folder.  i'm just not sure what the doax fkamd folder is all about. i hope this is making sense.  the game that i've patched works just fine after the patching but with no extra goodness.  do you have to activate the hacks? maybe with the two analogs or are the girls just suppose to be naked?  if anyone has had this problem and can walk me through the steps i would be forever in debt.

thanks in advance  zerodark8 :unsure:

This post has been edited by zerodark8 on Jun 9 2004, 06:42 AM