xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help With Soft Modded Xbox  (Read 373 times)

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Help With Soft Modded Xbox
« on: November 12, 2014, 05:10:00 PM »

Unfortunately forum rules prevent anyone here pointing you to a download for AID or HeXEn. I'm sure if you Google for HeXEn in full ie. Heimdall's Xbox Engineering disc that would give you some joy. In case you didn't know Heimdall was/is one of the forum gurus here and created HeXEn for, amongst other things, installing a noob friendly, safe, modern softmod update ie. shadow C protected. That means it is less likely a 'friend' or family member will be able to stuff up the Xbox accidentally. 

FalsAlarm

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 07:43:00 PM »

Get all your files at xbins on IRC

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 05:34:00 AM »

Xbins, best used via Auto-Xbins (search here or Google), is still very useful and we have always been allowed to mention it here for some reason. However it has a less than comprehensive archive and a lot of very old stuff that is now irrelevant for most users. Last time I checked it didn't have either HeXEn or the final SID/AID versions.

SlickStretch

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 12:17:00 PM »

Have you tried turning the console on by pressing the eject button?

Shafner33

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 01:40:00 PM »

i am having the same problem... Worked fine up until a couple of days ago. Now only boots to the ms dash. I didn't mod the Xbox. I purchased it modded. I see there is a SID splitter cell save. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I have know clue about modded stuff.

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 05:06:00 PM »

You should try burning a disc like HeXEn, AID or some other form of rescue disc. You must use DVD-R to be certain of media disc drive compatibility and use the slowest speed burning option the media/burner/software supports.