xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How To Unlock An 160gig Hdd That I Already Locked  (Read 409 times)

dasdude

• Archived User
How To Unlock An 160gig Hdd That I Already Locked
« on: October 04, 2012, 09:37:00 AM »

Hi, now I got many problems trying to unlock my 160gig hdd (because I couldnt use it on my xbox -I got error 13-, so i decided to unlock it to reformate the drive).

When I'm in xboxhdm with my hdd connected I choose option 3 to lock/unlock drive then I write unlocked -a, and everythings looks fine but it never ask me if I want to unlock the drive, it only shows me my hdd password and information about the lock (it shows me that its locked).

So could someone help me to unlock my drive? thanks

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 09:45:00 AM »

you can use dos unlocking tools "its in the options some where possibly 4"
then when you get to a black screen type.
atapwd
then when you get to a new window. find your locked drive and say dissable password with master password
use
XBOXSCENE
as password
then tell it to remove password.
again use XBOXSCENE to remove password..

p.s
error 13 is because you did not have dash files correctly installed.

you may still be able to boot a recovery disk like HEXEN "heimdalls xbox engineering disk"
or if not you may still be able to run a xbox disk like halo 2 and tell it to log on to xbox live so it updates the dash so it boots.
and if your lucky you may be able to boot splinter cell and have game save exploits on the drive so you can either boot a recovery disk. or install a minimal softmod.

so you may want to try that before you unloick the drive

oh and the drive may be unlocked already.
it wont show a change of state from locked to unlocked untill you reboot. but the drive state could be changed.

This post has been edited by shambles1980: Oct 4 2012, 04:49 PM

dasdude

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 10:45:00 AM »

thanks, yeah I can run games like Halo 2 and I tried to update the dashboard trhough going to xbox live, but nothing happens, it only tried to go to the dashboard to check for my xbox live ID but nothing it only shows me the xbox logo and the it borings me back to the game. And I also put Mechassault with my memory card with the soft mod, but when I choose the profile on the game, the run linux isnt there.

but for heimdalls xbox engineering disk, do I put the disk on the xbox or I have to run it on a PC.

I'll try your solutions and I'll tell the results.

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 11:34:00 AM »

HEXEN is Xbox software.

dasdude

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 04:05:00 PM »

so I just try to use the atapwd, but when I choose the option to unlock hd with masterpassword, and I write XBOXSCENE and press enter, I got a error message telling me that the command was rejected by the drive. I'm not sure if my masterpassword is really XBOXSCENE (because its not the 8gb xbox hdd). Where could I check to be sure of my password?

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 05:51:00 PM »

Afraid you can't (unless the Xbox will boot and you can run the appropriate tool, but.. welp.).

If it's not XBOXSCENE or TEAMASSEMBLY, or you don't have it written down or have a copy of the EEPROM, you're pretty much stuck.   ATA security mode is designed to be really, really difficult to defeat.

Do you have copy of the EEPROM?

This post has been edited by Xombe: Oct 5 2012, 12:52 AM

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 09:21:00 AM »

if it was locked with xboxhdm the master password is XBOXSCENE

stock xbox drives can be unlocked without knowing any of the passwords even if you dont have the eeprom or mother board. "i posted how some where in hardware forum"

any way try to just unlock the hard disk with XBOXSCENE as the password, you can even try doing it with the normal unlocking tools and doing
unlockhd -p XBOXSCENE

having said that i will again state.. that it will still say the drive is locked. but just look out for
Commeand sucsessfull. "or something along those lines" thats the only thing you need to see. any subsiquent drive state messages are just being displayed from memory as it were, and not the actual drive state now.

dasdude

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 04:12:00 PM »

yeah i had a eeprom but i have no idea where to use my eeprom, i'll try your method to write unlocked -p xboxscene, but I already tried a method that almost work (the hot swap), because it told me that my drive was unlocked but will be locked after rebooting but I couldn't either build all the xbox drive with xboxhdm because when I write 1 to build a new hd from scratch, it brings me to all the text telling me its building a new xbox hd and at the bottom "press any key to abort the operation".

The problem is that I waited like 20 minutes and no change on the screen, it keeps telling me to "press any key to abort the operation". What's wrong? thanks for the help.

dasdude

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 06:40:00 PM »

for the unlocked -p xboxscene, didn't work really well but I saw somewhere that got the same problem than me and he says that to unlock the HDD I need to be really precise with the hotswaping, if not, it will not work. So I'll try to hot swap until I success but because It's a hard thing I want to be sure of what it'll put in my drive when it'll build the new xbox hd (because first time I got error 13).

Here are the files I put in the C:\ folder of xboxhdm:
-Fonts (folder)
-SID (folder)
-Skins (folder)
-Config.xml
-evoxdash.xbe
-items.xml
-xboxdash.xbe

and in my E:\ folder (I think most folders are from XBMC):
-Apps
-Backup
-CACHE
-Games
-Music
-TDATA
-UDATA
-youtube_donwloads
-lock.log
-screendump.bmp
-unlock.log

I would like to know if I'm missing a folder or file because I don't want to get another error 13 or whatever.

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2020, 06:52:00 PM »

honestly..

you must be using a really old tutorial..

use a ndure 1.1.1 based softmod..
or auto builder.

your file config there looks prety old to me.

ldotsfan

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 06:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(shambles1980 @ Oct 8 2012, 12:21 AM) View Post

unlockhd -p XBOXSCENE

I could be wrong, I'm getting confused with what I did with xboxhdm2X and chimp2618 but cross-referencing this thread and this this thread, suggests unlockhd uses the hex representation for the -p option, hence

for XBOXSCENE i t will be
CODE

unlockhd -p 58424F585343454E4500

for TEAMASSEMBLY, it will be
CODE

unlockhd -p 5445414D414353454D424C59

This should be true for xboxhdm 1.9. Can somebody confirm?
EDIT: Confirmed, do a google for "how to unlock MMCS" and you will find posts at a mitsubishi automobile forum where those folks use unlockhd with a hex password  tongue.gif

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 09:43:00 AM »

more than likely is hex lol..
thats why i 1st recommended atapwd  not sure why they say they cant unlock it though.

i do notice they are missing some stock dash folders in the setup. but given its sid based i just recoomended using ndure 1.1.1 or auto builder.

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2012, 02:27:00 PM »

you do it using xboxhdm. so then you would hotswap the drive and tell it to build the disk. no need to lock and unlock, just hotswap.

autobuilder is ready made. nedure with xbox hdm has tutorials here on the site

dasdude

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2012, 06:36:00 PM »

hey, so i finally unlocked my hd (definitively), I use this tutorial to do it (the only thing is that you need your hd key to unlock):

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2012, 01:54:00 PM »

why dont you just burn an autobuilder disk.
hotswap the drive to your pc.
boot auto builder and tell it to build your hard disk.

dont worry about locking and unlocking it..
Pages: [1] 2