xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xlink Kai Wont Portforward  (Read 312 times)

cpaxe97

• Archived User
Xlink Kai Wont Portforward
« on: July 30, 2012, 09:51:00 AM »

I know how to portforward.  But everything I try to forward wont work like nothing.  I want to play it so bad.  If anyone here can really help me out add cpaxe97 on skype or aim and we can talk from there.  Please I want to play this but can't because there's something wrong thanks.

cpaxe97

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 10:10:00 AM »

Anyone please  sad.gif

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 11:20:00 PM »

Client software like Xlink are not what handles the forwarding of ports.  Instead, your router does.

What is the make and model of your router?  What is your network setup like?   Does your Xbox have a static IP address set or have a DHCP reservation made for it?

Are you sure you're forwarding the ports correctly, as in having tried forwarding them to the IP address of a PC temporarily and checking canyouseeme.org to verfiy the ports are open?

cpaxe97

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 05:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(Xombe @ Jul 31 2012, 06:20 AM) *

Client software like Xlink are not what handles the forwarding of ports.  Instead, your router does.

What is the make and model of your router?  What is your network setup like?   Does your Xbox have a static IP address set or have a DHCP reservation made for it?

Are you sure you're forwarding the ports correctly, as in having tried forwarding them to the IP address of a PC temporarily and checking canyouseeme.org to verfiy the ports are open?

Dir-655 1.11 Dlink Router

My xbox and pc is correct.  I think my xbox is.  It says error time out on that website but on the Portforward.com its open.  I followed the correct tut's to portforward.  
You can contact me on skype on cpaxe97 same with my aim

This post has been edited by cpaxe97: Jul 31 2012, 12:11 PM

cpaxe97

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 11:53:00 AM »

I added you on aim and waiting you to come online so we can chat

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 11:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(cpaxe97 @ Jul 31 2012, 04:07 AM) View Post

My xbox and pc is correct.  I think my xbox is.  It says error time out on that website but on the Portforward.com its open.

What do you mean by "correct?"

The reason canyouseeme isn't showing success is because there is no service on your PC on that port for it to see.  Sorry about that.  You'd be better off testing canyouseeme with a different, active port like 3389 for RDP, etc.

So, again, what is your network set up like?  I'm guessing a dumb cable modem linked to the WAN port of the DLink.  If different, or if you have more than one device handling NAT (like if you have a combo modem/router/AP as well as the DLink), there's your problem right there.

cpaxe97

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 08:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(Xombe @ Aug 1 2012, 06:22 AM) View Post

What do you mean by "correct?"

The reason canyouseeme isn't showing success is because there is no service on your PC on that port for it to see.  Sorry about that.  You'd be better off testing canyouseeme with a different, active port like 3389 for RDP, etc.

So, again, what is your network set up like?  I'm guessing a dumb cable modem linked to the WAN port of the DLink.  If different, or if you have more than one device handling NAT (like if you have a combo modem/router/AP as well as the DLink), there's your problem right there.

The router isen't hooked up directly to my xbox same as my pc.  It's hooked up to a box to another box to my pc and xbox