xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Softmodded Xbox Freezes On Boot When Clock Unset After Hd Upgrade  (Read 103 times)

shambles1980

• Recovered User

i would start by reinstalling the softmod using heimdalls xbox engineering disk..

See if that fixes it for you..

I can only imagine its a corrupted/missing dash issue. but that should pop up an error 16..
Softmods should not need the clock set though so its a perculiar situation.

any way.. if the hexen disk fixes your issue i would then recomend fremoving the clock cap if your xbox is version 1.0-1.5 as they leak and tend to eat through traces on the xbox causing issues.

jz213

• Archived User
Softmodded Xbox Freezes On Boot When Clock Unset After Hd Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 10:16:00 PM »

well, it seems to be fine now. I must have somehow fixed it when I screwed up the new HDD and then had to recopy a file using xboxhdm to fix it. Before, I could consistently cause problems by leaving it unplugged for a few minutes and then turning it on again. Now, that isn't causing any problems.

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 11:06:00 PM »

Ok..
clock needing to be reset every few mins = bad cap..
So seriously reinstall the softmod using hexen "krazies 1 click softmod install to unleash -x would be my recomendations..

then get that clock cap out of the xbox..

you may want to have some lemon juice or vinegar handy..
If any of that electro crap leaked out you will want to try and neutralize it with the acidic lemon juice or vinegar..

just pour a little on there then wipe it down, if you have some isopropyl alcohol handy use that to clean the board after..
that will prevent the stuff eating through your xbox..

of course if you prefer you can wait till it looks more like this..

IPB Image

Personaly id get the job done now..

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 12:07:00 PM »

never seen it happen on a 1.6..
They have a Gold clock cap near the IDE port..
I think that its C7G10 for the 1.0-1.1
and C7G3 for 1.2-1.5

they all have a funny design though where you could have set a cap slightly to the left or right (if you see the picture i posted you will see how there are 4 holes and 2 white outlines.. but only 1 capacitor..)
They all have this same layout so you can find them if my C# were wrong..

But Update your softmod with hexen 1st..
that way you wont have to reset the clock.

jz213

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 07:41:00 PM »

actually, now that I am looking at it, my shadowC image is missing entirely. I must have not put it on the CD to save space sad.gif soooooo... looks like I REALLY did this a weird way and no one will ever have the same problem as this ever again. the root of this problem is that I am a cheap-ass and don't own a DVD burner.

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 08:30:00 PM »

well aslong as your softmodded now and have ftp access..

you can download Hexen For hard disk Drive not dvd
just google "Hexen For hard disk Drive not dvd"
You will find it fast i edited it especialy for people who cant make the dvd or use the dvd excetera..

You will also want to download. a cfg file i edited after uploading it..
the 1st link you find should take you to a web page with me making comments on the page..
the last comment is me again and has the link to the cfg file you need.

So you can re softmod properly without a dvd burner.
And when your properly softmoded you can get that time bomb of a capasator out of your xbox.

Remember that heimdall made hexen. all i did was edit a few files and update the xbmc on it..
"seemed like a lot of work for individuals to do especialy if they werent all that computer literate, so i did the editing"