xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Universal Controller Remapper  (Read 101 times)

xboxnewguy

• Archived User
Universal Controller Remapper
« on: November 24, 2004, 12:37:00 PM »

Is it possible for someone to come up with a universal controller remapper. So basically you could use the program to remap your xbox controls for any emulator or game.

Saoarween

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2004, 05:30:00 AM »

god i would luv this soooo much i dont know if it is possible but i believe all the command inputs are in each default.xbe

maybe im wrong

XPort

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 05:54:00 AM »

One could make a hardware solution to do such a thing, but a software solution could not be implemented because each project would require a different implementation - which would amount to hex-editing the appropriate XBE file for each project.

Saoarween

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 09:04:00 PM »

thanx for the reply x-port...i want to remap the "flipper" buttons in PURE PINBALL for xbox...there is no custom controls in game settings so i want to hex edit the default.xbe to change ltrig\rtrig to one of the main buttons....can this be done?

can you show me what hex string is l\r trig...

thanx man

XPort

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2004, 08:57:00 AM »

QUOTE (Saoarween @ Dec 11 2004, 12:36 AM)
thanx for the reply x-port...i want to remap the "flipper" buttons in PURE PINBALL for xbox...there is no custom controls in game settings so i want to hex edit the default.xbe to change ltrig\rtrig to one of the main buttons....can this be done?

can you show me what hex string is l\r trig...

thanx man

Can it be done?  Yes.  Is it something that can be done quickly/easily?  No.  It's not like you can just search for some magic hex string that represents "LTRIGGER" and replace it with something else.  It requires reading the disassembly and tracing through the execution of the program to see what's going on.  It's a long, arduous process and I'm sure not going to do it.

Saoarween

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2004, 01:38:00 PM »

i see ...yeah i was hoping for a simple string but i see what you mean ...

thanx