xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Aid Installed On Hdd  (Read 107 times)

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
Aid Installed On Hdd
« on: January 07, 2011, 04:15:00 PM »

No idea what it's done. Use the "Copy Game Disc" function of your UnleashX dash to install it instead, or manually use the File Manager to copy everything across verbatim.

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
Aid Installed On Hdd
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 06:55:00 PM »

My assumption is that the on-disc installer is supposed to set things up to boot a copy of UnleashX with a customer config.xml file... but said config file hasn't been setup correctly.

1hotjob

• Archived User
Aid Installed On Hdd
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 11:33:00 AM »

Make sure you leave plenty of room on the E drive or you will run into problems. It would be better to run it from the F drive if that starts happening.

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
Aid Installed On Hdd
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 04:29:00 PM »

I recommend 100mb, if only so you've got some leeway for making save games and similar. It should keep on working right up until it gets somewhere under the 10mb mark. Other drives have no minimum.

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
Aid Installed On Hdd
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 06:03:00 PM »

An original copy of the MS dash will only run from the root of the C partition, and then only via "xboxdash.xbe". It is expected that you would get an error 21 when running it from your backup folder.

"msdash.xbe" is a hacked version of the original "xboxdash.xbe". It's rigged so as not to launch your softmod when you run it, and it also has the above-mentioned limitations removed. However, if you were to rename that file to "xboxdash.xbe" and stick it on the root of your C partition, I'd expect the machine to boot to an error 13/14, as it's not the original.

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Aid Installed On Hdd
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 10:47:00 PM »

Interesting - so you're saying it is normal behaviour to cause an Error 21 if you click on the xboxdash.xbe the MS backup created via AID.

What this doesn't explain is why this AID created MS backup works differently from all my other (clean) MS dash backups made pre-softmod install.

All those launch the MS dash from the E:\Backup folder perfectly well. Isn't the pre-softmod install MS backup just a copy of the retail Xbox C:\drive? If so surely it's logical to expect the AID created version to function identically. It really doesn't make any sense to me that it doesn't but if it is OK then that's good news because it means there's nothing wrong with my AID disc.