xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Softmodding  (Read 62 times)

Weirdjerz3y

• Archived User
Xbox Softmodding
« on: November 20, 2010, 07:24:00 AM »

Okay, so I have a xboxV1 with a mod chip. My friend has a non hacked xbox and I was wonder if I use the autoinstall disk with a hd and install the softnod to the hd, will I work in my friends xbox? It's a lockable HD.

Weirdjerz3y

• Archived User
Xbox Softmodding
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 10:41:00 AM »

I forgot to mention yes I have the original hd and I can back it up if I need to. I tired reading around some say a tsop flash is needed. Do I really? Cause I don't have the materials for that. And sorry for noobie questions, I haven't touched the xbox 1 for about 2-3years.

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
Xbox Softmodding
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 04:24:00 PM »

To get the unmodded console to accept a new drive, you'd either need to lock the drive using the EEPROM of the target console, or you'll need to TSOP flash / install a modchip in that console.

(TSOP flashing gives much the same result as a modchip, though the machine must be softmodded before you can do it).

Weirdjerz3y

• Archived User
Xbox Softmodding
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 12:36:00 AM »

so no matter what i need to get the softmodding things? What if i moved my modchip into that console, got the eeprom? Will be able to install the HD and then remove the modchip, and have the hd still boot?
Or if i do tsop falsh will it be just like a modchip extactly? Will i be able to boot a burned DVD without a hd, like if i want to replace the hd at anypoint?
And what the newest easy way to Tsop flash if i have too?

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
Xbox Softmodding
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 03:31:00 AM »

You do not "need" to softmod your friend's console unless you specifically don't want to modchip it... What equipment you need depends on how you choose to go about it.

For example, if you're prepared to transfer that modchip, then yes, that'd be a good way to do it. Shove the chip in, and assuming the BIOS it's using is compatible with that machine (check your machine versions first), it'll accept the new HDD right off the bat (same as your console would). You can then boot off something like Auto Installer Deluxe (AID) or HeXEn, format the drive, install a softmod and a dashboard, lock the drive (ConfigMagic can do this for you), then finally remove the modchip. Extracting the EEPROM is unnecessary if using a modchip, but it's still a good idea to take a backup.

Don't worry about TSOP flashing until the machine is softmodded. You can't do it until then. However, yes, the results are very nearly the same as those you'd get from permanently installing a modchip in the console.

(A modchip, when turned on, overrides the BIOS on the console's motherboard. Flashing the TSOP completely replaces the BIOS on the motherboard instead. Only pre-1.6 consoles have flashable TSOP chips).

Weirdjerz3y

• Archived User
Xbox Softmodding
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 09:51:00 AM »

Thanks for all the info, mines a v1 and my friends a v6a. I know my modchip supports 1.6 if i flash with m81.6, and tsop flashing is out of the question. I guess ill softmod, or ask him if he wants to just but the duox2, that way he can easly upgrade the hd and recover if any body ever deteles any main files. Thanks for everything man, ill see want he want to do.