xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Stoped Reading Dvds  (Read 24 times)

bunnyisblack

• Archived User
Xbox Stoped Reading Dvds
« on: February 03, 2020, 01:25:00 AM »

bios = ind 5003.06
xbox 1.1 samsung drive.

after messing around with disc installers, and trying different dashboards. I installed unleashX. Then somehow with magic suddenly my xbox stops reading the installer discs, including slayers.

Ive tried backed up games, and it does not read them either. seriously WTF???????

Heimdall

• Archived User
Xbox Stoped Reading Dvds
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 02:08:00 AM »

Sounds like you've lost ind-bios.cfg, or you've deleted the line from it that launches DVDs. It's normally the last line:

DEFAULTXBE=\Device\CdRom0\default.xbe

Just restore the file, or edit it to include the line above as its last line, and you should be fine.

bunnyisblack

• Archived User
Xbox Stoped Reading Dvds
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 02:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Oct 11 2010, 07:08 PM) *

Sounds like you've lost ind-bios.cfg, or you've deleted the line from it that launches DVDs. It's normally the last line:

DEFAULTXBE=\Device\CdRom0\default.xbe

Just restore the file, or edit it to include the line above as its last line, and you should be fine.

its in the config file, i checked it. also without the config file it does not boot

Heimdall

• Archived User
Xbox Stoped Reading Dvds
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 03:39:00 AM »

Can you browse any of the DVDs from the UnleashX file manager?

Do original games work?

This post has been edited by Heimdall: Yesterday, 11:40 AM

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Xbox Stoped Reading Dvds
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 03:22:00 PM »

You sound like you know what you're doing so I very much doubt this is the case but is there any chance you've been using auto-launch and it has been turned off when installing the new BIOS?

Otherwise it sounds just like what was happening to my Samsung DVD drive just before it totally died. When you put a disc in the drive (using UnleashX) it would show "Init" and the LED would blink (green) for 'Busy' but it would go on far longer than normal. "Checking" usually eventually appeared and the disc would be identified and run. However, ominously it started occasionally reporting "Empty" and then suddenly (literally) it just stopped working at all.    

Have you listened to hear if the disc drive is actually engaging and spinning the disc?

bunnyisblack

• Archived User
Xbox Stoped Reading Dvds
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 04:24:00 AM »

looks like it wants to read dvd when it feels like it.

reads it now perfectly