xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Yellow Flashing Lights  (Read 146 times)

Heimdall

• Archived User
Yellow Flashing Lights
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 04:45:00 PM »

Here, here and here. The last one shows you how to use the LPC rebuild board for the 1.6.

friday13eeprom

• Archived User
Yellow Flashing Lights
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2010, 07:55:00 PM »

Ready again

Just installed the duox2 on my v 1.6

Good news:  it still boots up

I am confused if the duox2 amd comes with information on it for me to boot properly.  Right now If I hit the on off button or the reject button I get what seems to be a typical microsoft boot.  The chip flashes red when I push the other of the two buttons.  I get the red green frag but no boot up.  do I need to install another bios or what?

friday13eeprom

• Archived User
Yellow Flashing Lights
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2010, 08:11:00 PM »

I have it set for bank 1.

Hit reject button and it start up like I did not mod it
Hit on off button and the chip itself has led that flashes red and the ring on xbox flashes red/green with no video or sound.

friday13eeprom

• Archived User
Yellow Flashing Lights
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2010, 05:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Jun 15 2010, 11:45 PM) View Post

Here, here and here. The last one shows you how to use the LPC rebuild board for the 1.6.

these were the best pictures.  thanks

Heimdall

• Archived User
Yellow Flashing Lights
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2010, 05:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(friday13eeprom @ Jun 17 2010, 03:11 AM) View Post
Hit on off button and the chip itself has led that flashes red and the ring on xbox flashes red/green with no video or sound.

It's probably your soldering - see this list of error codes etc.

friday13eeprom

• Archived User
Yellow Flashing Lights
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2010, 06:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(friday13eeprom @ Jun 17 2010, 01:15 PM) View Post

Green/Red Flashing -

This is known as the Christmas lights or FRAG frequent red and green error.

Most of the time the screen is blank and if you were doing work recently such as modchipping this could be caused by solder splashes on the mobo or a shot MCPX chip. Removing the MCPX chip is impossible without very expensive equipment so if you can't find any solder splashes or you weren't soldering on the board junk the whole board.

I am going to guess that it is not a shot mcpx because it works well when I remove the chip.  I am also going to guess its not solder splashes for the same reason.

It must be my connections.   Visually they look fine.  I have seen a few forum articles on testing with multimeter.  I am wondering what the best multimeter test is given that visually things look good.

Here is the link:  http://www.xbox-scen...es/lpc-diag.php

friday13eeprom

• Archived User
Yellow Flashing Lights
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2010, 09:25:00 AM »

SOLDERING ISSUE!!!

Just messed up a version 6 soldering job:  I rate my skill as B-.
Here is the deal

I was following topic 427711 and soldering wires to underside of board.  I lifted a trace.  I would say about 2mm.   this trace is just to the right of the lpc port.  It is five holes up from the bottom.  It is the trace closest to the lpc port.

The contact point itself has a little bit of solder in the hole but I think the ring trace around it is missing but its hard to tell.  I tried putting a little solder on it to connect the end of the wire trace and the ring to fill in the 2mm  gap but the solder just comes off like an egg on a teflon pan.  I used flux and all different temps on my iron.  

Two questions:  any soldering techniques out there for me?
                        can I repair this using alternate sites or must I fuss around with this gap?

friday13eeprom

• Archived User
Yellow Flashing Lights
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2010, 11:18:00 AM »

Now I cut the tiny trace next to it while trying to expose hole with razor.

two traces down.

i am putting down soldering iron

i am not going to put in mod chip

all i want to know what are chances the xbox will work with these two cut traces.  are some traces just there and do nothing?

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
Yellow Flashing Lights
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2010, 08:03:00 PM »

The console will function without some traces, but I can't speak for those specific ones.

The easiest way to bridge such gaps might be with a conductive pen.

friday13eeprom

• Archived User
Yellow Flashing Lights
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2010, 08:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Jun 8 2010, 07:34 AM) View Post

That's one of the reasons you should use Krayzie 1.1.1 instead of any other gamesave softmod (like the SID 2 your tutorial recommends) - Krayzie walks you through the process of taking an eeprom backup as part of the installation, with no other tools required. All you have to do is FTP the backup to your PC. Krayzie also gives you a far better and more stable softmod, one which is far less prone to accidental overwriting.

Just found your old note.  I see you like krazie 1.1.1   I will take your advice
Pages: 1 [2]