xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Youtube Script Unsupported These Days?  (Read 86 times)

osmorphyus

• Archived User
Youtube Script Unsupported These Days?
« on: September 01, 2009, 07:45:00 PM »

hey gang,

i just need to know this:
is the youtube script obsolete now?

it loads up thumbnails for me, but as soon as i try to watch a video, it simply reports back, "there was an error".

it doesnt have an update link built into it or anything, and i know there was talk about the youtube script not meeting the newer youtube video requirements or something, so...  is there a working yuoutube script anymore?  if so, is it on xbins?  if not, what version should i google up?

note i am NOT interested in HULU, please no HULU hijackers allowed.   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

kgonepostl

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 08:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(osmorphyus @ Sep 1 2009, 08:45 PM) *
hey gang,

i just need to know this:
is the youtube script obsolete now?

it loads up thumbnails for me, but as soon as i try to watch a video, it simply reports back, "there was an error".

it doesnt have an update link built into it or anything, and i know there was talk about the youtube script not meeting the newer youtube video requirements or something, so...  is there a working yuoutube script anymore?  if so, is it on xbins?  if not, what version should i google up?

note i am NOT interested in HULU, please no HULU hijackers allowed.   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

It's been broken for a while now. I can't even access my subscriptions for the longest time. SEEMS dead to me.

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 09:08:00 PM »

Last I saw, XBMC couldn't play the new FLV files they've been using since about march.

That is to say, if you download some vids from YouTube and FTP them over to the console's local HDD, it still won't play them.

So it's possible the script is ok and the file support is lacking.

osmorphyus

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 04:12:00 AM »

great news everyone!  i went to xbmc.org, signed up for the site, and there is a CURRENT and WORKING youtube script!

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-youtube/downloads/list

enjoy!  ive been youtube'ing alien and dumb ghost videos all night!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

edit:
http://xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=454...ht=youtube+xbox
^^^ discussion thread  ^^^

This post has been edited by osmorphyus: Sep 2 2009, 11:14 AM