xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xecuter3 File-naming Trick  (Read 19 times)

inkweeweeus

• Archived User
Xecuter3 File-naming Trick
« on: May 11, 2008, 01:28:00 AM »

Okay, I'm a newb. I have a hard-modded Xbox original, running Xecuter3 chip and (as of Jan 2008) latest build of XBMC. Going by this tutorial:

AS_A_DASHBOARD

I downloaded Shortcut XBE, comes up as 64kb on my desktop. Okay...
Transferred it to the FTP, came up as 0kb, with a "202 Command not implemented" message. Okay...
Due to sleep depravation, I just transfer it anyways and forget to delete the old build, to test the waters.

So now basically I have this:

(IMG:http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k108/inkweeweeus/box.jpg)

And now, after rebooting, it does not go beyond the "XECUTER ROX MY BOX" message and the splash screen. No dice.

How would I go about at least getting this sucker to connect to my FTP, so I may correct this? On a scale of 1 to 10, how fucked am I? Will I have to re-flash this? ( Keep in mind a friend did this for me, and I am doing cleanup and learning myself -- look how well that turned out! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ! )

Martinchris23

• Archived User
Xecuter3 File-naming Trick
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 04:27:00 AM »

As already mentioned, this is the 360 section of the forums.

Reflashing the chip won't fix it.

2 ways to solve the problem.

1. Use an Evox boot disc - either AID or Slayers will do it. Once you boot into the disc's dashboard, you should be able to FTP to your HDD and fix the problem.

2. If you have an X3 BIOS on your chip, hold the white button on bootup and get into X3CL. Either FTP (U/P is X3) in and rename or in the X3CL settings, change the name of the dashboard boot file to match that of the one you copied over. You can then boot in and FTP to revert it. Remember to change the name back in X3CL afterwards.