xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbmc Toubleshooting, Freezing.  (Read 17 times)

Raged`

• Archived User
Xbmc Toubleshooting, Freezing.
« on: December 02, 2007, 07:10:00 PM »

First off, ive never even owned an xbox till this week. I saw one cheap that was broken (CD drive wouldnt open) and decided to give it a shot. It is now working, soft-modded, 200 gig HD installed, and XBMC.

Everything sorta seemed fine in the beginning when the original HD was in, but i didn't really try a lot then. After i installed the 200 gig i noticed some glitches popping up: A couple AVI files freeze my Xbox when i try to play them. they seem to play fine if i leave them rar'd on my network drive. Copying the extracted AVI to the xbox HD didnt fix it. It seemed to play about 1 in 10 tries.

I also noticed in XBMC when i go to " my apps" or "games" some times it just goes to a black screen. I can hit select to go back and try again and it usualy works, but its kind of annoying. Games from the DVD drive seem to work fine, as do backups and HD copies, as long as i can get through the menu to launch them.

So i guess the question is...should i re-install XBMC? or could this be a known issue with a fix. Im not sure what other information anyone answering to this would need, feel free to ask and ill repost what i can. Thanks.