xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Accidentally Erased Evox, What Now?  (Read 445 times)

mlapaglia

• Archived User
Accidentally Erased Evox, What Now?
« on: December 31, 2006, 08:07:00 AM »

do you have a modchip or an exploit installed?

1hotjob

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 08:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(mlapaglia @ Dec 31 2006, 04:14 PM) View Post

do you have a modchip or an exploit installed?

Sounds like a softmod.

You will need to contact the guy that modded the Xbox and ask him how he did it. Softmod or Chip. If it is a softmod you need to run the game used to load the exploit. You can gain FTP access that way. Have you backed up any of the files to the PC? If so you can copy it over, if not you will need to get a copy of Evox.

1hotjob

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 11:50:00 AM »

Well, with a mod chip installed you will need to get an autoinstaller and boot it up. You can use Slayer's or AID.

You could also gain FTP access with the chip and FTP Evox over, if you know what the chip is looking for and where.

It is probably in the C drive and named either evox.xbe or xvoxdash.xbe.

anarchymymind

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 08:25:00 AM »

Ok, I got ahold of Slayers evox auto installer 2.7 and went through and did the burn to a DVD-R. Seemed like everything went ok there but when I boot up the Xbox it always goes to the Xenium screen and goes through the quickboot process and then just goes to the Xenium screen. Is there a setting that will just boot it directly from the drive? Wondering if that is the problem. When i try and boot the regular kernel it gives me error code #5 which is supposed tomean that the HDD is not locked, I tried locking it and it always fails. Just need a little help to get me on the right track. Thanks guys.

Devin

anarchymymind

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 01:17:00 PM »

sad.gif  any help Im dying here????

1hotjob

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 01:59:00 PM »

I am not sure what different chips do, but while booting try pressing the white button. If that doesn't work, try the other ones.

That may get you booting to the CD.

When you boot to the Xenium menu, do you get an IP address?

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 04:54:00 PM »

i dont understand why you are trying to get to xboxdash. if you can get to that screen you can load a boot disk and fix everything.

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2007, 05:08:00 PM »

any boot disk can install evox, check the usual places

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2007, 05:49:00 PM »

slayers or AID (Auto installer deluxe) either will work

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2007, 06:55:00 PM »

i would check the media, i have been through a lot that dont work

even with my thompson all TDK and verbatim DVD-R's have worked 100%

anarchymymind

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 09:07:00 PM »

Well I got ahold of a copy of Auto Installer Deluxe and burned it without a dummy file and with a dummy file and every time I boot up I get to the Xenium menu screen. It never seems to boot right from the drive. So I tried to install by browsing to the add new item option and browse to the D drive and select it from there. When I try that it either wont show up as being in the drive or i select it and it gives me a message that File Wont Fit. I feel like I have hit a brick wall on this one. Im begging for anyone else who has any other tips that might help, or I might be looking to unload this. I just hate to get rid of it because I feel like Im so close and just cant get the Dash back up there. Help me Forumers, your my only hope.

Devin

anarchymymind

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2007, 11:22:00 AM »

One last thought. Is it possible to get the file for Evox and put that on disc and then just add it through themenu instaed of having to do the whole installer?

bieseroner

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 01:09:00 PM »

what you need to do is get the Evox M8 for your system that you have because it either for version 1.0 - 1.5 or for xbox version 1.6...then go to add new item and get the bios.bin and flash it to the chip...hopefully that works...look in the usual places for tutorial by Cap269 its called ice guide read it page by page to solve your problem make sure u do it on CD rw

anarchymymind

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2007, 04:56:00 PM »

Ok I found the .bin file i think I need. But can you point me in the direction of CAP269s guide and then Ill hopefully be all set.Thanks a million, been searching and cant find it.

Devin

anarchymymind

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2007, 08:00:00 AM »

So Ive got the bin file and then I burn it to cdrw and then once i have it in the drive then I go to add new item and then what do i do from there? I looked through that Cap269 guide and didnt see anything that specifically appled to my case.I figure I need to flash this to the chip but what do I do after I select the bin file? i know Im being a pest, but my kids are depending on me here.

Devin
Pages: [1] 2 3